Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

I dont get the use of the Imperial Measurement system in scientific papers, documents and articles. Imperial is just not suitable for serious things, its overall cluncky and outdated. Its harder and unpreciser to convert Cubic feet into Gallons than Cubic Meters into Litres For metric, 1m^3 is exactly 1000 Liters easy peazy lemon squeezy. For Imperial, 1 cubic feet is 7.48 gallons, pretty complicated, not easy at all. There are nearly no connections between the things you measure Imperial. While in metric, 1dm^3 (one cubic decimeter) is the same as 1 litre and 1 litre can contain exactly kg of water. So use metric while talking science please, its a whole lot easier, trust me. Oh and dont forget about Kelvin! I dont have a big problem with Farenheit though.

I might make a diagram to make this a whole lot easier to explain.

On 7/26/2017 at 2:32 PM, StupidAndy said:

I am trying to do the "hello world" tutorial for C#, but I keep getting stuck on stupid Microsoft Visual Studio, I want to do something, it doesn't even do the wrong thing! it wont do anything!!!

if anyone has a clue on how to work Visual Studio, please help me...

I do. What's giving you trouble? (says the guy who had a 4-inch thick guidebook from the very start)

As for the complaint, I can't texture, so my Kopernicus Planet can't be shown.

If anyone wants to offer any tips, I should put some info out there. It will be a perfectly flat minmus clone, position at about 35 Mm from kerbin, meant to be used for Ion Fun.

Edited by DeltaDizzy

I am being given two more areas in work to clean and at the same time having my hours reduced.... but they want the same standards maintained.

They already complain but I cannot physically do any more.

Employers logic.

So, they dropped the power at work three times this morning. At lunchtime I was driving down the main drag in town and had to swerve around some moron who decided to shove the nose of their car into traffic. This moron then decided that they were angry at me and followed me around road raging at me for two or three minutes. Now I get back to work and facilities is doing fire alarm testing, which means that the fire alarms will be going off at random intervals all afternoon.

Did you ever feel like you just want to get away? :/

1 hour ago, cratercracker said:

This is 10th night and 9th day I am not sleeping.

I've been an insomniac my entire life, yeah it's horrible. But this is worse than I've ever had!

Is melatonin commercially available where you live? In the US you can buy it over the counter (that is, no medical prescription required), but here in Brazil it's not available at all. Which is a shame, really, I've tried it and IT WAS MAGIC (well, to me at least. I guess "sleeping" is something regular humans don't have problems with, so they wouldn't know what the fuss is about :P

32 minutes ago, monstah said:

I've been an insomniac my entire life, yeah it's horrible. But this is worse than I've ever had!

Is melatonin commercially available where you live? In the US you can buy it over the counter (that is, no medical prescription required), but here in Brazil it's not available at all. Which is a shame, really, I've tried it and IT WAS MAGIC (well, to me at least. I guess "sleeping" is something regular humans don't have problems with, so they wouldn't know what the fuss is about :P

I am actually way too young for Melatonin.

I got "Zirtek", which is a Russian product. I don't really like it, I am just tripping balls and go dizzly-dazzling after taking those.

1 hour ago, monstah said:

Where I'm from Melatonin is available. It helped me a lot a while ago. Although I did get the dissolving kind.

1 hour ago, cratercracker said:

I am actually way too young for Melatonin.

I got "Zirtek", which is a Russian product. I don't really like it, I am just tripping balls and go dizzly-dazzling after taking those.

Oh, I didn't know there was a minimum age. I also hate medicine that makes me dizzy, so I don't use for example allergy pills when I should...

On 04/08/2017 at 3:34 PM, cratercracker said:

I hate my brain.

This is 10th night and 9th day I am not sleeping.

Like the only time I actually slept was like an hour when I dropped dead on th coach.

What

The

Hell

I also suffered from a lack of sleep recently. Not as much as you though. I only did not sleep for one night.

Usually, doing really boring stuff like watching boring videos on YouTube helps quite alot. But since my Ipad was not charged well enough that night. I was laying there all night, in the dark, thinking about stuff.

Also, i hate when people i am a dumb idiot living living in their Moms basement. Im sorry, but im actually a dumb idiot living in their Moms ATTIC (ok sorry for the lame joke but i do spend alot of my time in the attic since its my bedroom.

14 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Just saying, i dont know if there is a min age for meletonin. I take it, you can get it from Trader Joes in 100 cnt bottles

I would not advise taking any medicine from someone qualified as a"Trading Joe", but I guess to each his own...

19 minutes ago, monstah said:

I would not advise taking any medicine from someone qualified as a"Trading Joe", but I guess to each his own...

"trading joe" hum, this apply to a large range of being, even some you won't think at first ;§; true true ^^

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

14 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Just saying, i dont know if there is a min age for meletonin. I take it, you can get it from Trader Joes in 100 cnt bottles

We used it for our daughters in small doses when they were young (2-3 IIRC) but like anything else that's medicine, get some medical advise. Our family physician OK'd it for us, but ask anyways.

As for Trading Joe......no comment.

Edited by GDJ

Why do sci fi ships never have proper radiators? Clarke even tried to have them on Discovery in 2001, but they thought that it would confuse the audience. I wonder how different sci fi designs for spaceships would be had they included radiators...

On friday in work I found one of my business cards ripped up and thrown in a bin.

Also there is someone going through my steam workshop items, voting them down and posting negative comments. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1095169592

I enjoy making the repaints and have decided to not do as they ask and stop making workshop downloads, instead I am now working on an ambulance skin set to go with the police themed repaints I made.