Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

I have several growing around the house... didn't help. All I did was wheel one garbage can to the curb, and wham... I think I fed a squadron... :P

So, in other words, you were skeeter-bait! :cool:

5 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Onto a much more serious complaint...

:mad:  :mad:  Mosquitoes!!!   :mad: :mad:

I have a few since a neighbour is doing intensive gardening with automated sprinkling not far away (50m from my house, 100m from his own). I made me a net in a wooden frame for the bedroom window so it can stay open at night. And i have a chemical club for those individuals who made it inside. One short puff kills instantly in-flight (though a little agony would be more satisfying) *devilkerbal*

Edited by Green Baron

Misquitos, not too bad now, BUT THE NOSEEUMS! For the uninitiated, they are these minuscule little fly things that bite you, and their bites itch like crazy, and it goes on for like, 2 days, and they are everywhere at my house. Eventually, after being eaten alive for more than a month, we put out some like, powder that cuts them up like crazy... Through the whole lawn. It looks like it frosted out there, I wanted to strap a quick little mechanism onto my quad, and do a little crop dusting, not only would it be fun, but it wont take, like 2 hours!

Dont eat McDonalds breakfast people. The McMuffin has burnt shards of bread that feel sharp and uncomfortable, it feels like eating glass. And both the Pancakes and Syrup taste like cardboard. Now let me take a bite out of my delicious Big Mac.

I dont think i like Maple Syrup in general, im a bigger fan of the more concentrated, thick, dark Syrup.

1 hour ago, NSEP said:

Dont eat McDonalds breakfast people. The McMuffin has burnt shards of bread that feel sharp and uncomfortable, it feels like eating glass. And both the Pancakes and Syrup taste like cardboard. Now let me take a bite out of my delicious Big Mac.

I dont think i like Maple Syrup in general, im a bigger fan of the more concentrated, thick, dark Syrup.

Only in the greatest of needs i'd eat at McDonalds. And these do not occur in our world :-)

In Germany there exists a syrup from sugar beet called "Rübenkraut". It is dark and thick and the only ingredients is sugar beet (and energy for extracting and boiling). It is exported, i have even have encountered it in Spain.

Edit: the Belgians do a similar thing to apples, i recall faintly ...

Edited by Green Baron

29 minutes ago, Green Baron said:

Only in the greatest of needs i'd eat at McDonalds. And these do not occur in our world :-)

In Germany there exists a syrup from sugar beet called "Rübenkraut". It is dark and thick and the only ingredients is sugar beet (and energy for extracting and boiling). It is exported, i have even have encountered it in Spain.

Edit: the Belgians do a simulair thing to apples

Not going to lie, i do sort of like McDonalds, but we ate McDonalds for 5 days straight now and when its no once in a season meal anymore, you start to notice the flaws and it gets bad quickly.

Hmm, about the syrup thing, i looked up Rübenkraut and it reminds me of "Appelstroop" wich is very likely to be the Belgian/Dutch Apple version of Rübenkraut, so you are right with that! The Syrup i like the most is regulair Sugar Syrup, wich is thicker than Maple but thinner than Rübenkraut or Appelstroop, its has no taste expect for sweetness. Anyways thanks for reminding me! 

10 hours ago, NSEP said:

Yeah... But quality control is pretty difficult under franchising. And there's not much reason to go through all that trouble.

This is a minor complaint, but I'm kinda sick of cars after spending 3 days in one. Actually more like 30 hours over 3 days. The first hour is fine. The second, a bit worse. By hour 3 your butt hurts and aches.

Worth it for an eclipse though.

Honestly, Im of the opinion that the McDonals quarter pounder is one of the best burgers you can buy.

Sure you can go to a fancy restaurant and get one made of grass fed aberdeen angus or somesuch, but whats this? Guacamole? what?

Bread, meat, mustard, ketchup, onions, pickle.

What more do you want?

20 hours ago, qzgy said:

This is a minor complaint, but I'm kinda sick of cars after spending 3 days in one. Actually more like 30 hours over 3 days. The first hour is fine. The second, a bit worse. By hour 3 your butt hurts and aches.

Worth it for an eclipse though.

Try 2 weeks

1 hour ago, StupidAndy said:

I have to do one too...luckily I have an excuse. I completely forgot what it was about

That's not really an excuse.....

Can you email your teacher or something?

In other news, I'm outgrowing my bike again. So I have to go bike shopping soon-ish.

On 2/19/2017 at 6:58 PM, pxi said:

Out of interest, do you have to purchase them from the school, or could you buy one retail as long as it meets a certain specification?

Having read some of the stories about hardware supplied by schools there's no way I'd let any child of mine near any of it without at least covering any camera on the device with masking tape.

What about removing the microphone? Quite frankly if i was a hacker, looking at someone's face as they use the ipad would be very boring. Sound would be much more interesting/useful.

Edited by c4ooo

2 hours ago, c4ooo said:

What about removing the microphone? Quite frankly if i was a hacker, looking at someone's face as they use the ipad would be very boring. Sound would be much more interesting/useful.

Wouldn't disagree with that either.