linuxgurugamer

[1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.2] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS), now with RecoveryController integration

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@dlrk thanks, that was a stupid mistake

New release, 1.2.0.6-rc

  • Replaced lost line which was causing the greyed out buttons (I shouldn't do dev when tired and having a migraine)

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/FMRS/releases/tag/1.2.0.6-rc

 

Thanks for working hard man, really appreciate your effort. Do get some rest! You're amazing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dlrk said:

I'll get that done around 10 PM EST

ok, so I'll see it tomorrow, most likely.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:
  • Fixed F2 bug

Almost; works as expected with F3, the Escape key still triggers it since it pulls up the UI again. 
No idea if there are other buttons that can pull the UI back up. 

Why dont you use:

				GameEvents.onShowUI ();
				GameEvents.onHideUI ();


So you wont have to worry about individual buttons but let the game handle wheter the UI is hidden or shown.

 

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:
  • Fixed issue with returning to main mission after recovering dropped stage

Indeed! Very nice.

 

 

 

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Probably also fixed the issue with the loss of science, need confirmation

Unfortunately not.

I just tried in Stock and i noticed something else; with my mod-pregnant KSP instance the auto-recover function does not work. 

Ok so i have learned something new about the science bug: 

When using auto-recovery, no science is lost. 
When directly retrieving the science-probe by clicking "recover vessel", no science is lost either.


ONLY when you go back to the main mission by clicking "Return to main mission" in the FMRS window and then retrieve the science-probe from the tracking station or space center screen does the science get lost:

[ERR 20:00:17.878] [Research & Development]: Experiment in sensorBarometer has scienceSubject barometerScan@KerbinFlyingLow defined, but no such subject exists.

 

Heres the logfile; stock game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/myf6zzyre31gkuy/KSP.log?dl=0 (15MB) 

Two flights in there, one with auto-recover enabled where everything works as expected and the second where i tried to force the science-bug by disabling the auto-recover function. 

 

 

Theres something else i found, sometimes when recovering a vessel unrelated to your FMRS-flights, the popup window showing your returned funds etc. immediately disappears. Cant reliably reproduce it though. Maybe its even a stock bug. 

 

 

Edited by Hacki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hacki said:

Why dont you use:


				GameEvents.onShowUI ();
				GameEvents.onHideUI ();

 

Because I was tired when I did it.  Thanks, I'm add this now.

I'm ignoring non-stock science right now, but I'm going to be testing using your steps.  If I can reproduce it, i can fix it

@Hacki

Can you post your probe vessel for me to look at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Hacki said:

Ok so i have learned something new about the science bug: 

When using auto-recovery, no science is lost. 
When directly retrieving the science-probe by clicking "recover vessel", no science is lost either.


ONLY when you go back to the main mission by clicking "Return to main mission" in the FMRS window and then retrieve the science-probe from the tracking station or space center screen does the science get lost:


[ERR 20:00:17.878] [Research & Development]: Experiment in sensorBarometer has scienceSubject barometerScan@KerbinFlyingLow defined, but no such subject exists.

 

Heres the logfile; stock game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/myf6zzyre31gkuy/KSP.log?dl=0 (15MB) 

Two flights in there, one with auto-recover enabled where everything works as expected and the second where i tried to force the science-bug by disabling the auto-recover function. 

Well, i can't reproduce this.  I launched a vessel, had science gathered in the first stage.  I landed it, went back to main, landed that, went to space center and recovered the first stage, and got my science.

Please do a video showing this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, i can't reproduce this.  I launched a vessel, had science gathered in the first stage.  I landed it, went back to main, landed that, went to space center and recovered the first stage, and got my science.

Please do a video showing this

 

Did you run an experiment that you havent run before? Error only occurs under that condition. 

Video: 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hacki said:

 

Did you run an experiment that you havent run before? Error only occurs under that condition. 

Video: 

 

 

Ah.  A picture is worth a thousand words.

The missing data was that you ran the experiment AFTER staging, not before.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok.  This may be unsolvable right now.  It never worked this way in the old version, so it is an existing bug.

This mod wasn't designed for this sort of science gathering.  It is a stage recovery mod.  When you do new science on a detached stage, and then return to the main flight without recovering, returning to the main flight essentially undoes some internal data creation in KSP.

Now, when the mod does the auto recovery, it goes in and takes care of this, because it knows about the missing data.  But KSP doesn't, so when you recover using KSP, you are bypassing the mod and KSP runs into data it isn't expecting.

I have some ideas, but since this is a pre-existing problem, I'm not going to hold up the release for it

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, i just ran into it because i got the bright idea to do this: 

T3WUlcA.png

 

That is; drop little science-packages all over the planet to get Science from all the Biomes without having to actually land a plane there.
FMRS is quite handy for this type of missions since your plane will either crash and burn when you're not controlling it or quickly fly out of range and get deleted. 
 

I only ran into this problem since neither auto-recovery nor manually recovering the dropped stage worked properly before.

Since manually recovering the stage immediately after dropping works properly now, its not an issue anymore, for me. 

 

I'll see if i can find out why autorecover doesnt seem to work on my modded install. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd use SmartParts and have parachutes autodeploy immediately after dropping.

But it is a valid use case, and I'm looking into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2017 at 2:11 PM, dlrk said:

It looks like something weird happens with the vessel switching. When I'm flying the returning stage, the view gets apparently unfocused (changing view does nothing, nor does to attempting look around with mouse or arrow keys) and rotated 90 degrees. http://imgur.com/a/VlrMO

Looking at the debug log, this seems to be triggered by the original vessel being destroyed or unloaded, which also seems to cause a bunch of NREs in other mods, which seem to not have caught the vessel switch. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qid50jqqc8q22c4/output_log.txt?dl=0

Is this still happening?  If so, could you do a short video and send me the video and log file?

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is this still happening?  If so, could you do a short video and send me the video and log file?

thanks

 

9 hours ago, dlrk said:

I'll get that done around 10 PM EST


I'll have it over to you shortly. Should I use the FMRS debug version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dlrk said:

 


I'll have it over to you shortly. Should I use the FMRS debug version?

Yes, would be best.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dlrk said:

At the moment it happened, did you happen to hit any keys?

 

Question for all other readers:  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Please watch the video to see what happens.

 

 

I'd like you to do another test, please.  

First, make a full copy of your game directory.

Then, see the list of errors below, and fix what you can.  Specifically, please remove RasterPropManager, Scatterer and ContractConfigurator, these three have lots of errors which are cluttering up the log

For this test, please do the following (going to be two tests here)

First, do the same thing, no changes.  This is to eliminate the possibility that the three mods you removed have anything to do with it.

Second test, repeat the same, although after you undock, use Hyperedit to put the crew capsule into a safe orbit before jumping to the booster stage.  I'd like to see if there is any differernce.  No need for a video, just the log.

I'm wondering if it may be related to the length of time;  I've done plenty of tests where the crew capsule crashed and the crew died, but I'm not using a powered landing in my tests, I'm using parachutes.  But I've never lost control the way you did.

 

Errors and Updates needed

 

Update BetterTimeWarp, you are running an old version which is throwing nullrefs in orbit.  Latest version is 2.3.6.1, you are running 2.3.5.4

I see a number of Exceptions in the log, long before the error you showed:

You have at least one bad contract in ContractConfigurator, it's throwing many exceptions. I can point to the following: SAB_InnerPlanetMoon_Relay_Tier1,SAB_InnerPlanet_Relay_Tier2, SAB_OuterPlanetMoon_Relay_Tier1, etc.

Scatterer has some exceptions

FAR has lots of exceptions

JSI has exceptions (RPM) (many more than FAR)

Then there are some errors from FinePrint, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads, ProceduralParts,KSPTOTConnect.  All of these occurred long before the bug showed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Future-Pilot said:

I was in dire need of this mod to work and I really appreciate you all for getting the bugs out.  Keep up the hard work boys. :D

Just a gentle hint:  I have a Patreon page, if you  are in such dire need, why not consider making a contribution:

 

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer
 

 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm off work today, so I'll get those tests done. I'm not sure why those mods are generating so many exceptions (especially not fine print, it's stock!), but I'll take out the three you mentioned, and others if those don't seem to help, and try it in another copy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dlrk said:

Well, I'm off work today, so I'll get those tests done. I'm not sure why those mods are generating so many exceptions (especially not fine print, it's stock!), but I'll take out the three you mentioned, and others if those don't seem to help, and try it in another copy.

It's strange, but I need to minimize the errors.  

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Removing those mods didn't do anything, but I tried it without FMRS, just to double check, and then problem occurred earlier (during ascent). So, I guess you can stop looking into it, sorry about mis-attributing the problem to your mod. It definitely has something to do with kerbals dying, because that's in the f3 log at the moment the view gets screwy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been for using the new dev version of FMRS for the past few hours, everything seems very good. However, the auto-throttle cut seems to lag a bit as the booster stages continues to fire for a second or so after staging, causing the boosters to rise above the main stages. I thought this might be worth brining up. Video below. The rise when fuel tanks are empty are more obvious.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dlrk said:

Removing those mods didn't do anything, but I tried it without FMRS, just to double check, and then problem occurred earlier (during ascent). So, I guess you can stop looking into it, sorry about mis-attributing the problem to your mod. It definitely has something to do with kerbals dying, because that's in the f3 log at the moment the view gets screwy.

ok,  thank you for taking the time to test.

19 minutes ago, MaxZhao said:

I've been for using the new dev version of FMRS for the past few hours, everything seems very good. However, the auto-throttle cut seems to lag a bit as the booster stages continues to fire for a second or so after staging, causing the boosters to rise above the main stages. I thought this might be worth brining up. Video below. The rise when fuel tanks are empty are more obvious

What engines are you using in those boosters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.