[KSP 1.3.1] Stock Size Real Solar System [0.0.3.1]

Galileo

1 minute ago, styckx said:

Just enjoying this mod..... Screenshots

LURwzLV.jpg

SFuSLuk.jpg

Beautiful.

I am firing it up now. I finally have SETI and most of my preferred mods working with it. I've been waiting for this one for a long time.

@Galileo Earth atmosphere kicks in at approx 63000M. Of course all of the info in the tracking station shows 70KM. I assume this is a by-product of the scaling and not really a bug?

Also noticed that some contract packs that auto detect RSS will load RSS sized parameters, I would also assume that those would have to be corrected by the pack author?

Awesome job on this. I'm really enjoying the added challenge of the inclinations. 

4 minutes ago, theersink said:

@Galileo Earth atmosphere kicks in at approx 63000M. Of course all of the info in the tracking station shows 70KM. I assume this is a by-product of the scaling and not really a bug?

Also noticed that some contract packs that auto detect RSS will load RSS sized parameters, I would also assume that those would have to be corrected by the pack author?

Awesome job on this. I'm really enjoying the added challenge of the inclinations. 

@OhioBob can explain the atmosphere stuff better than I can.

As for contract packs. sigma deminsions does not scale contract pack parameters so unfortunately they won't work with SSRSS. You could ask around and see if a contract pack dev would release something for a stock sized system but I am far too busy to do it.

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

@OhioBob can explain the atmosphere stuff better than I can.

As for contract packs. sigma deminsions does not scale contract pack parameters so unfortunately they won't work with SSRSS. You could ask around and see if a contract pack dev would release something for a stock sized system but I am far too busy to do it.

Oh I wasn't expecting nor asking you to :cool:, new mod and I know there are bound to be incompatibilities. Just providing info for posterity in case someone else has the same issues. Nothing I can't live with. Thanks for the quick response.  

20 hours ago, theersink said:

@Galileo Earth atmosphere kicks in at approx 63000M. Of course all of the info in the tracking station shows 70KM.

Yep, you're right.  The problem looks to be in the way Sigma Dimensions trimmed off the top of the pressure curve.  All the pressure curves are forced to tapper off to zero at the upper boundary, but in this case the curve was modified in such a way that it actually dips negative between 63,637 m and 70,000 m, so you're probably not reading any pressure in that range.  There's really nothing we can do about it on the SSRSS side.  The fix is going to have to come on the Sigma Dimensions side.  I'll report the problem, hopefully we'll get it corrected.

(edit)  This problem is being addressed and hopefully we'll have a fix soon.  If there is any delay on the Sigma Dimensions side, we have a plan to work around the problem.  So one way or another, a fix is coming.  The same problem has been found to exist at Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.

Edited by OhioBob

Does anybody have any insight to why the clouds aren't showing from low orbits? Should I be using the latest version of scatterer? Are there any settings I could try and tweak or an EVE fix I'm missing somewhere? Any assistance would be appreciated. I'm using the latest versions of everything from the github pages and the high res srss clouds file.

7 minutes ago, HawaiiSpaceProgram said:

Does anybody have any insight to why the clouds aren't showing from low orbits? Should I be using the latest version of scatterer? Are there any settings I could try and tweak or an EVE fix I'm missing somewhere? Any assistance would be appreciated. I'm using the latest versions of everything from the github pages and the high res srss clouds file.

Yes you need the latest scatterer, but that has nothing to do with clouds

Did you install Environmental Visual Enhancements? Or did you forget kopernicus? 

Either way just post a screenshot of your gamedata folder

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Yes you need the latest scatterer, but that has nothing to do with clouds

Did you install Environmental Visual Enhancements? Or did you forget kopernicus? 

Either way just post a screenshot of your gamedata folder

Loaded it up just now, it works fine now. Strange. I deleted the volumetric layers and thought maybe I wrecked it but nope. Thanks for the quick response.

On 3/30/2017 at 9:56 PM, styckx said:

I would seriously suggest deleting your entire KSP install and starting from scratch.. You seem to be the only one experiencing that.. You most likely have other mods installed that are conflicting/not compatible. 

I was able to track the issue to Sigma Dimensions V0.74. Using an older version of Sigma but with updated Kopernicus and SSRSS fixed the issue.

Would RSS Constellations be compatible with SSRSS somehow? regarding scaling the planets and such? 

Edited by ISE

2 minutes ago, Qwarkk said:

Is there a place where handy info such as DeltaV requirments / solar panel efficiency / synchronous orbit heights / distance from Earth to each planet is??

Thanks.

no, not for the stock size RSS unfortunately. I would be more than happy to include one, but it will take some time, and some teamwork from some guys that are already very busy with other projects :)

Edited by Galileo

Please be advised that Sigma Dimensions version 0.7.5 is now available.  This upgrade included fixes to the atmospheres that are necessary to make SSRSS work as intended.

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

They would work but you would need to rename every texture to match my directory or vice versa. 

whoa, this is amazing news! :D 

So... I installed everything by the instruction and this happened:

Spoiler

y7gQxAD.jpg

Then I deleted the SSRSS folder, and the planet looks fine.
This is my GameData folder:

Spoiler

aE1ucf0.jpg

I hope someone can help, I'm really eager to play this mod :D

2 hours ago, M4ladict said:

So... I installed everything by the instruction and this happened:

Hide contents

y7gQxAD.jpg

Then I deleted the SSRSS folder, and the planet looks fine.
This is my GameData folder:

Hide contents

aE1ucf0.jpg

I hope someone can help, I'm really eager to play this mod :D

Are you using OpenGL?