[1.12.x] Crew R&R - Crew Rest & Rotation

linuxgurugamer

Thanks, I'll take a look.

29 minutes ago, shadoxfilms said:

Hi! @linuxgurugamer, first off, thanks for the mod. I've found a bug in the persistant.sfs that causes the vacation time to be multiplied by 10 instead of .1 when the crew is past the minimum and below the maximum

CrewRandRCustomParams
        {
            VacationScalar = 10    <-- duplicate variable as down 3 lines, changing this to .1 fixes the issue, havn't tried deleting this variable yet.
            enabled = True
            AssignCrews = True
            vacationScalar = 0.1
            MinimumVacationDays = 1
            MaximumVacationDays = 30
        }

Just an FYI, it actually not a duplicate variable.  The case is different.  My guess is that someone messed up on typing in some info. 

I'll get this sorted out, thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

42 minutes ago, shadoxfilms said:

Hi! @linuxgurugamer, first off, thanks for the mod. I've found a bug in the persistant.sfs that causes the vacation time to be multiplied by 10 instead of .1 when the crew is past the minimum and below the maximum

CrewRandRCustomParams
        {
            VacationScalar = 10    <-- duplicate variable as down 3 lines, changing this to .1 fixes the issue, havn't tried deleting this variable yet.
            enabled = True
            AssignCrews = True
            vacationScalar = 0.1
            MinimumVacationDays = 1
            MaximumVacationDays = 30
        }

First, what version of the game are you playing?  

This is caused by a bug in 1.2.2 which there is some code to work around, I'm working on fixing it

New release, 1.1.1.1:

• Fixed bug where the Base vacation rate being off by a factor of 100
Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

First, what version of the game are you playing?  

This is caused by a bug in 1.2.2 which there is some code to work around, I'm working on fixing it

New release, 1.1.1.1:

• Fixed bug where the Base vacation rate being off by a factor of 100

Playing version 1.3 64 bit

1 hour ago, shadoxfilms said:

@linuxgurugamer  What would cause a kerbals state to change from available to 9001? It's not a bug I can reproduce reliably, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

That means they are on vacation.  But it shouldn't show that number.

I assume you are running 1.3, what screen are you seeing that on?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are seeing this on some sort of Debug toolbar?

If so, then it's not a bug, and I'm not going to do anything about it at this time

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That means they are on vacation.  But it shouldn't show that number.

I assume you are running 1.3, what screen are you seeing that on?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are seeing this on some sort of Debug toolbar?

If so, then it's not a bug, and I'm not going to do anything about it at this time

It's in the persistant.sfs file, sometimes the kerbals show their remaining vacation time, others they disappear from the astronaut complex and wont come back, when i check the .sfs the kerbals that show how much time they have left have the state= available, and the ones that disappear are state=9001.

2 hours ago, shadoxfilms said:

It's in the persistant.sfs file, sometimes the kerbals show their remaining vacation time, others they disappear from the astronaut complex and wont come back, when i check the .sfs the kerbals that show how much time they have left have the state= available, and the ones that disappear are state=9001.

Send me a file, please

@linuxgurugamer

Persistant.sfs here

Jebidiah and Valentina flew missions just prior to bill, and just before bills mission, Jeb and Val were in the Astronaut complex with 6 days 59 hours left.

After recovering bill and checking the complex, jeb and val were no longer there, and in the persistant.sfs file they have state=9001 where bill has state=available

I then timewarped 10 days to see if they come back after the 7 day minimum vacation, they did not but bill is now available again for a mission.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Edited by shadoxfilms

New release, 1.1.3:

• More adjustments for the performance issue when in the Astronaut Complex
  • Checks added when entering the Flight scene and entering the Space Centre for any crew which has a state = 9001, resets it to Available (9001 is vacation)

A note of explanation:  There was a bug where sometimes, the kerbal' state ( which says whether they are available, on a mission, deceased, etc) was being set to 9001, which is what this mod uses to temporarily store the fact that they are on vacation.  This value was being saved in the save file, which essentially made the kerbal disappear.

This update fixes that, and also, for those save files where a kerbal's state is already set there, will be fixed upon loading the game into the space center.

• 2 months later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer! This is a great mod!!! I restarted career and can I say I really like the effect of this mod of a game. With only 4 Kerbals to start with, I'm forced to make use of probes without any mods to force that via technology limitations.

I can a couple of question if I may:

I saw that on the OP that this is incompatible with Better Crew Assignment. Is this still the case and just wondering what effects I would see if both were installed?

Related to the above question, I have this mod and Better Crew Assignment installed and I'm seeing occasional instances where a Kerbal doesn't go on leave after a mission, specifically when I reuse the same ship/aircraft for the next mission. Is this the likely effect of both mods installed? Or am I seeing this due to other issues?

11 hours ago, wile1411 said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer! This is a great mod!!! I restarted career and can I say I really like the effect of this mod of a game. With only 4 Kerbals to start with, I'm forced to make use of probes without any mods to force that via technology limitations.

I can a couple of question if I may:

I saw that on the OP that this is incompatible with Better Crew Assignment. Is this still the case and just wondering what effects I would see if both were installed?

Related to the above question, I have this mod and Better Crew Assignment installed and I'm seeing occasional instances where a Kerbal doesn't go on leave after a mission, specifically when I reuse the same ship/aircraft for the next mission. Is this the likely effect of both mods installed? Or am I seeing this due to other issues?

These mod do opposite things. Better Crew Assignment keeps the same kerbals in the same ships.  R&R send them on vacation.

Ideally the two mods should be combined.  But thats not going to happen.

Ah - thanks - I'll uninstall the BCA then for best results.

Meanwhile, I'm at the early stages of my career game with RandR installed and I'm a little peeved at my Kerbals at the moment. 

• Jeb has taking a week off after a simple test flight of the Flea SRB. I would of thought he'd be raring to go again, but I suppose coming up with crazy ways to fly the unflyable takes time.
  • Bob apparently has a similar work ethic.. after taking a 10minute tour of the KSC facilities in a wingless plane/rover prototype while making notes, (FOR SCIENCE!) he's secluded himself in his office typing up reports and has also made himself unavailable for the coming week.
  • Bill has ALSO take the week of after a botched install of a Mystery Goo Canister on the ground using a KAS wrench at the crawler way. As Bob was locked is his office, mission control asked him to do some crawlerway science.... The installation went well, but he quickly realised that Bob has the combination code to this Goo canister and wasn't able to perform the experiment (Doh!)
  • Lastly, Valentina seemed to be the only one who actual got something worthwhile done. After taking an Anomaly Contract, she bolted some wings on Bobs "Rover" and flew out to the Island runway and found some intriguing hardware. The flight back was uneventful, but now she's ALSO taking a whole bl--dy week off just because all the guys have as well.

That was Tuesday morning. I liked Tuesday because we got stuff done. But now I need the KSC to push forward into space, not further into a deck chair. *Sigh* Thankfully I unlocked a probe and the KSC can get some work done while the crew get the rest time they apparently need. They had better plan ahead for additional leave as they'll probably need it. Once I get a probes landed on Mun and Minmus, mission control has insisted they will going on some long missions that will have quite a lot of surface sample duties. (I uninstalled all the life support mods for this career game Mwahahahaha)

Again - thanks for this mod, it's help me get in the mood of roleplaying my Kerbals and I hope to *finally* launch an actual mission out of Kerbin SOI, rather than just plan/dream of it while being bogged down in the science collecting part of the game. :) I'd give all my rep if the system still existed :D 

Edited by wile1411

@linuxgurugamer, first off, thanks for your work in ALL the mods youve made and have inherited over time.  Seriously, we need to make a statue of you somewhere.   

I have a question about Crew R&R; I saw a few posts back that you and @magico13 made some changes both in this mod and KCT that should make them work together, is that correct? If so, how would CKAN be updated to reflect that they now work together.  As of today, you cant install Crew R&R via CKAN if you have KCT installed. Thanks in advance!

On 4/20/2017 at 10:37 PM, magico13 said:

Finally had a chance to test this with KCT and it was definitely an adventure. A few things: you accidentally shipped a CrewQueue.dll in your release, the files not being renamed to match the classes/namespaces is pretty confusing (and there are files that should be deleted as well), the APIProxy should probably be public and not private since the wrapper is using GetExportedTypes which only shows public types, the wrapper was specifically looking for private Properties and Methods in the getProperty and invokeMethod calls despite all the actual members of APIProxy being public (even with the class itself private), and to top it off the wrapper was trying to get an Instance property that doesn't exist and made all the calls to any of the wrapper properties/methods instantly fail.

I'm guessing you mostly just renamed all that stuff, so I am not at all surprised that KCT supposedly wasn't working with CrewQueue, since that wrapper was apparently designed for an entirely different API. The good news is that I managed to fix that in KCT so that the wrapper does hit all the right points and properly filters the list to exclude kerbals who are on vacation. KCT build #19 is tested against CrewRandR and appears to work fine with it :) Feel free to copy the fixed wrapper back over from KCT, but if you change the APIProxy to be public then switch back to GetExportedTypes from GetTypes (and let me know so I can do it locally)

@linuxgurugamer they've been compatible since April.