Is ore always in the same locations?

So, after completing a Survey Scan on Minmus in both my Career and Science, I've noticed that ore seems to be in the same locations. There's 90 percent ore at the poles and one equatorial lake, and no 100 percent. Ore seems to be quite consistently the same.

The wiki does mention that ore is randomly placed, but so far it seems like it isn't.

Is this simply a coincidence?

There are broad tendencies that are similar - for instance poles usually have more ore than equatorial.  But on Easy or Normal game settings, it hardly matters because there is generally ore more or less everywhere.  Start a new sandbox game on the default Hard settings (where almost all surface area will be 0%), cheat a scanner to Minmus orbit.  Then start another one and do the same - you'll see differences.

Okay. After a bit of searching I found information like that online as well. However, what I haven't been able to find anything on (yet) is what a good ore percentage is. Because I have my ore abundance set up pretty high, I found a 16 percent ore spot on Minmus. Is this a high amount?

EDIT: Apparently 17 percent is a pretty good amount. No worries.

Edited by digger1213

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.