SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

8 minutes ago, RCgothic said:

It's hard to tell from The NASA Spaceflight stream. Something there just refusing to go out.

Was more clear on wobbly labpadre. The vertical bit of fire/smoke was wiring I think. The other area was clearly a leak of some kind. My guess is GSE of some sort. I didn;t see water deluge before static fire, looks like someone forgot to turn that on, maybe?

7 minutes ago, tater said:

Was more clear on wobbly labpadre. The vertical bit of fire/smoke was wiring I think. The other area was clearly a leak of some kind. My guess is GSE of some sort. I didn;t see water deluge before static fire, looks like someone forgot to turn that on, maybe?

Methane tank is on top and feed line is internal, so the only thing capable of burning that low would be GSE.

Like but not-like!

External plumbing and control failure seems plausible. They no longer have the control or instrumentation to confirm the vehicle is safe and depressurised, so nobody can approach it to start repairs until they're certain the system is de-energised (no remaining pressure).

It's a waiting game until the propellant boils off.

Fortunately the fact nothing has burst yet as uncontrolled tanks of cryogenic liquid tend to do suggests the tanks are venting properly.

13 minutes ago, YNM said:

I sure have missed out a lot - didn't know Crew Dragon with crews is only next week...

You can check this article if you are interested in this mission https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/20/21254315/spacex-crew-dragon-astronauts-behnken-hurley-nasa-launch-dm-2

I don't understand a bit why they decided to send pensioners into space :confused: