themaster401

[KSP 1.9.1] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.04 - June 4th, 2020)

Recommended Posts

On 5/20/2020 at 9:54 AM, Snar said:

Hello,

First of all thanks for this mod! It looks amazing and I used to consider it absolutely essential for KSP. 

I'm having a few graphical issues that I was hoping someone could help me out with (log file & screenshots below). I'm on a fresh install of 1.9.1, and this is the only mod I have running (along with the dependencies of course). 

The primary issues are that I encounter odd shadow effects whenever I zoom in on a craft, kerbal, or even a planet, and the planet colours seem a bit off from what they look like in the promotional video and screenshots. I guess I would describe them as being... not saturated enough? 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtuj0fdg75ilwkk/Player.log?dl=0

Screenshot 1 (shadow glitch): https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wh7vpvk8vbem1f/ShadowGlitch1.png?dl=0

Screenshot 2 (shadow glitch): https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwlfee4upqyvlpv/ShadowGlitch2.png?dl=0

Screenshot 3 (colour?): https://www.dropbox.com/s/fotdrio9m5yh043/Colour.png?dl=0

Screenshot 4 (Game Data folder): https://www.dropbox.com/s/28kmpets25n7f7k/GameData.png?dl=0

That shadow is due to ambient occlusion of TUFX, u can disable it in TUFX toolbar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, One eyed Smile said:

That shadow is due to ambient occlusion of TUFX, u can disable it in TUFX toolbar

That fixed it, thanks! Messing with the color grading even "fixed" the planet colour thing too. 

Much appreciated. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to install this amazing mod for the past few weeks, but I have been getting a strange color artefact that I am not able to get rid of. The artefact appears to be only present during the startup screen and is not carried into the game (which makes me think that it's likely TUFX-related).

The clouds around Kerbin appear to be rainbow-y and multicolored. The problem seems to only show up when clouds are present, if I load the game without the AVP textures, it's not visible anymore.

Here's a screenshot of the issue:

https://imgur.com/xCnP1FB

 

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue specifically? Any recommended fixes?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, trewok said:

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to install this amazing mod for the past few weeks, but I have been getting a strange color artefact that I am not able to get rid of. The artefact appears to be only present during the startup screen and is not carried into the game (which makes me think that it's likely TUFX-related).

The clouds around Kerbin appear to be rainbow-y and multicolored. The problem seems to only show up when clouds are present, if I load the game without the AVP textures, it's not visible anymore.

Here's a screenshot of the issue:

https://imgur.com/xCnP1FB

 

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue specifically? Any recommended fixes?

 

 

 

 

color grading in post-processing

 

fix: remove tufx or change its settings

Edited by Speadge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Speadge said:

color grading in post-processing

 

fix: remove tufx or change its settings

I get the slightly pink clouds above Kerbin's equator on the startup screen and sometimes during game play. I do not have TUFX or KS3P installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

I get the slightly pink clouds above Kerbin's equator on the startup screen and sometimes during game play. I do not have TUFX or KS3P installed.

Most probably Scatterer related?

Edited by alberro+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Weimaraner said:

Does this work without scatterer?

So I did a test without scatterer and the artifact disappeared. Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/GjMUNY2

https://imgur.com/xejrOjO

 

Found mentions of a similar issue in the thread from scatterer:

 

I did another test trying what one of the users recommends in that thread, changing the "integrateWithEVEClouds" parameter to False

that however produces a different kind of artifact, where the clouds around the twilight zone are rendered black:

https://imgur.com/Yoxketb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, trewok said:

The artefact appears to be only present during the startup screen and is not carried into the game (which makes me think that it's likely TUFX-related).

Why do you even care if this happens only in startup screen? Like that's not where the game is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blackrack said:

Why do you even care if this happens only in startup screen? Like that's not where the game is

You're right, to have the best game experience I will just leave the default settings I started with, just wondering whether there is a fix that doesn't affect in-game performance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey, I have been trying to find anyone with that problem, but without luck. Is it normal that Ambient Light Boost: Map and Editor aren't working at all, and Ambient Light Boost doesn't change the brightness of celestial bodies? I play in really bright environment and entire dark side of celestial objects are pure black for me

Edited by menzac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, menzac said:

Hey, I have been trying to find anyone with that problem, but without luck. Is it normal that Ambient Light Boost: Map and Editor aren't working at all? I play in really bright environment and entire dark side of celestial objects are pure black for me.

Those are for the map and when you are building. The first one (In the Settings above those two.) is the one that you are looking for. Unless the setting in scatter Disable Ambient Light is True. 

(This is in the cfg/config file settings. You cant find it ingame to my knowledge.) 

 

Edited by Arco123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Arco123 said:

Those are for the map and when you are building. The first one (In the Settings above those two.) is the one that you are looking for. Unless the setting in scatter Disable Ambient Light is True. 

(This is in the cfg/config file settings. You cant find it ingame to my knowledge.) 

 

I have edited the message but it probably changed in the system too late. Anyway, this setting did what I wanted, so thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have installed the pack via CKAN for1.9 following the instructions and averything looks great (save for the pink clouds in Kerbal in the start screen, but I don't care). Clouds and atmospheres look great, but the thing is the planets look nothing like in the loading, especially Minmus and Duna. What could be the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi there, running the pack on 1.8.1, just switched from EVE stock configs + SVT. Everything seems to be working fine, with one odd exception. Strangely, Vall seems to have broken terrain textures, and the whole moon appears black. I will upload a log if you need one but it was too big for pastebin so I'll have to find another way. Any idea what's causing this? Seems odd that only one atmosphere-less moon broke in the switchover. Corrupted file maybe?

EDIT: I'm silly. Vall was in Jool's shadow, and KS3P was doing it's job. :confused:

Edited by RyGuy_McFly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi,

i've downloaded MagPie Mods and my rockets are now nearly black.
Does someone have a workaround for this? I think its a problem with the shadows, because i can  see slightly difference of appearance, when the sun is moving.

thx for help 

EDIT: It's KS3P that darkens my rockets and ships. 

Edited by SaintStyle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FovtTqh.png

Update v4.04
You need to delete and reinstall the mod for this update!

  • KS3P configs split for flight and editor
  • Skybox textures moved to new folder
  • Duna atmosphere bug fixed

Not all texture resolutions may be available initially as I have taken to uploading them one by one in the face of upload speed issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this isn't the right way to say/report it, but I'm having some issues with Jool when installing it.

zejIpNY.png

All those 'rings' inside of it near the outside, along with a hazy but to me noticeable  'dot' thing near the center. I'm presuming I have something set incorrectly either in the default graphics options or something else, just asking here in case this is a known issue. Only happens with Jool, all the other planets work like a charm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, themaster401 said:

FovtTqh.png

Update v4.04
You need to delete and reinstall the mod for this update!

  • KS3P configs split for flight and editor
  • Skybox textures moved to new folder
  • Duna atmosphere bug fixed

Not all texture resolutions may be available initially as I have taken to uploading them one by one in the face of upload speed issues.

u might want to update the links for the download as well?

https://github.com/themaster402/AstronomersVisualPack/releases/tag/v1.11

https://github.com/themaster402/AstronomersVisualPack/releases/tag/v4.04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2020 at 8:06 AM, SaintStyle said:

Hi,

i've downloaded MagPie Mods and my rockets are now nearly black.
Does someone have a workaround for this? I think its a problem with the shadows, because i can  see slightly difference of appearance, when the sun is moving.

thx for help 

EDIT: It's KS3P that darkens my rockets and ships. 

Make sure render settings is above good and reflection is at low. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting some black spots flashing rapidly while i'm orbiting kerbin.  Im on latest AVP and this seems to happen when im looking at the planet at certain angles. 

I'm on 1.9.1 and this seems to happen even when i don't have other mods installed other than AVPs.

https://youtu.be/SBHsbcd7tZc  Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, One eyed Smile said:

I'm getting some black spots flashing rapidly while i'm orbiting kerbin.  Im on latest AVP and this seems to happen when im looking at the planet at certain angles. 

I'm on 1.9.1 and this seems to happen even when i don't have other mods installed other than AVPs.

https://youtu.be/SBHsbcd7tZc  Any ideas?

I have same. it was in the previous version of addon. no ideas.
I suppose that problem is possible in EVE (it has not been updated for a long time). But this is my guess.

21 hours ago, Nicholander said:

All those 'rings' inside of it near the outside, along with a hazy but to me noticeable  'dot' thing near the center. I'm presuming I have something set incorrectly either in the default graphics options or something else, just asking here in case this is a known issue. Only happens with Jool, all the other planets work like a charm.

Have flying to Jool? look at him in his orbit. It should be all right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.