[0.20] RemoteTech: Relay Network – V 0.5.0.1

JDP

In RT1 you could edit that number somewhere in the settings file, and with the in-game settings UI. Can I do it in RT2?

Being as that it is playtesting, and not an official release I'd imagine not yet. I looked in the config files I have but did not see a mention about it, then again I don't know what I'm looking for ;) lol

Has anyone taken the RemoteTech 2 models and added them with RemoteTech 1 functions? If not, can someone help me do it? I don't want to get RT2 yet but I still want to use the new dishes and antennae with RT1. Thanks!

Does anyone know if someone has edited the RemoteTech 2 parts to work with RemoteTech 1? If not, can someone help me do this? I have no idea how. I want to keep using RT1 but I'd like to add the RT2 parts to the mix. I don't know how to add the RT1 functions to the RT2 parts. Thanks

I noticed that in the RT 2 folder, there are AIES sat dishes, but they don't work... Are they going to be modded to work with RT? Also, I may be stupid, but what is the difference between RT 1 and RT 2? Is it just an update to .21.1?

The parts are replaced, no more RT pods (Stock pods have the features added to them), the antennae are totally redone (A lot more to choose from), and the UI has been redone as well.

Hi,

I've been using RT2 a lot and i do really like it. One major problem when launching new satellites: throttle going nuts (stuttering at around 40-50% throttle).

I'm launching a lot of rockets and Mechjeb makes it a lot easier. However, i do have a feeling it somehow conflicts with RT2. The throttle problem occurs when clicking the "enable autipliot" in MJ.

Escape. > re-launch ...throttle problem gone.

Maybe it's a known issue?

Thanks

Edited by versendaal

Hi,

I've been using RT2 a lot and i do really like it. One major problem when launching new satellites: throttle going nuts (stuttering at around 40-50% throttle).

I'm launching a lot of rockets and Mechjeb makes it a lot easier. However, i do have a feeling it somehow conflicts with RT2. The throttle problem occurs when clicking the "enable autipliot" in MJ.

Escape. > re-launch ...throttle problem gone.

Maybe it's a known issue?

Thanks

Yep, pretty sure it's a known issue listed a while back in this thread, and I'd venture to guess on the git hub as well. Being as that it's in "play testing" there is bound to be bugs.

Hi,

What I have found to help, is to activate your engines BEFORE clicking the enable autopilot button.

Still new to KSP and mods, but is there a way to install this RT2 mod for only for the parts?

I love the look and expanded options of the various communication arrays and would love to use them if anything for just the parts.

The parts are from the AIES aerospace mod if I'm correct. If you just want the parts just download that mod and toss out everything but the communication dishes.

Okay. I'm reworking the old RT configs to make them .21 compat and so they work with build engineer. In doing so, it irked me that the unmanned probes had an electric requirement for unmanned operation (as they should) and I still had to list a value for the RemoteTech module. I decided to just list the RT module as 1/min and subtract that from the unmanned probe requirements but that's not what I'm writing about. This made me think about the electric requirements and mass requirements for the different types of RT modules.

There need to be three types:

1) unmanned ops (no relay, just delay. minimal mass and no electric requirement since this is included in the resources for stock command module) Your module only needs to add the delay and disconnect operations if out of contact. Add module to stock probes with modulemanager.dll (no part needed)

2) unmanned capable with relay (relay requires a powered transmission which means power supplies and mass - significant mass and electric requirement when adding part)

3) command transmitter (relay-capable if less than 3 crew, command capable if 3 or more, significant mass and electric requirement when adding part

Make relay and command transmission toggle-able to reduce electric requirement to unmanned requirement if desired.

1) unmanned ops (no relay, just delay. minimal mass and no electric requirement since this is included in the resources for stock command module)

Not sure what you're talking about, but IIRC, probe command module need power. They do have an internal battery, but it tends to run out fast.

And unmanned ops losing power is not a rare or negligible thing.

CM going off tend to happen to me a lot when scanning minmus or other moons with a low orbital velocity and low altitude using a small power-hungry probe.

Basically i can only map half (the light side) of the planet/moon at a time.

Edited by Tygroux
killing a wild alot.

Ok so I'm using RT2 and I cannot get my probes to connect to my station, which has 3 Kerbal's on it and the large probe core that has the command module on it. I have a dish pointed at it and with it in its targeting box. The probe also has the antenna on it. Help, what am I missing?