linuxgurugamer

[1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.2] NASA CountDown Clock Updated

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, CommonRocket86 said:

Hello linuxgurugamer

Can you add a new Countdowns (Ariane 5, Electron, Soyuz, Space Shuttle etc.) Please.

Sorry, I am not going to do that, the amount of work involved isn’t worth it to me.

That being said, they are only sound files, if someone were to come up with a sound pack for something like those, I’ll be happy to include it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @linuxgurugamer , I love this mod, but unfortunately I can't use it quite as much as I'd want to.

The thing is, I was wondering if it would be easy to remove the condition check that prevents you from opening the mod UI and using it when you're not in pre-launch situation ?

For instance, I very much like to just put my rockets empty on the launch pad with a launch tower attached and then drive and walk the crew inside, and when I do that I can't open the mod UI anymore.

More extreme examples would be reused first stage that you didn't recover but the point is that would be really cool in general for people who like to manage all their KSC ground operations manually.

 

If it's easy to do and won't cause too many bad things to happen, I'd love it in a future update. Thanks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lBoBl said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer , I love this mod, but unfortunately I can't use it quite as much as I'd want to.

The thing is, I was wondering if it would be easy to remove the condition check that prevents you from opening the mod UI and using it when you're not in pre-launch situation ?

For instance, I very much like to just put my rockets empty on the launch pad with a launch tower attached and then drive and walk the crew inside, and when I do that I can't open the mod UI anymore.

More extreme examples would be reused first stage that you didn't recover but the point is that would be really cool in general for people who like to manage all their KSC ground operations manually.

 

If it's easy to do and won't cause too many bad things to happen, I'd love it in a future update. Thanks !

That's actually not easy to do, given the way it was written.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's actually not easy to do, given the way it was written.

Hmmm, tis a shame but I understand. Thank you for replying so quickly !
I was hoping it would just come to deleting a few lines of code but I was kind of guessing that it would be more complicated...

Edited by lBoBl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 1.3.8

  • Version bump for 1.7.2
  • Removed old code
  • Updated AssemblyVersion.tt to allow location-independent building
  • Added new parameter to line in LaunchState.cs for an overrideGroup, no idea, set to 0 for now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I updated the mod but I can't use it, there is no button on the right side of the screen like before, what do I do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cannon said:

I updated the mod but I can't use it, there is no button on the right side of the screen like before, what do I do?

Install the dependencies:

ClickThruBlocker

ToolbarController

Unblur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Install the dependencies:

ClickThruBlocker

ToolbarController

Unblur

Thanks!
I was missing the unblur, didn't know it was required, everything works fine now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question and some issue with the Abort functionality. This seems to consist of the following:

  1. Only works if you actually click Abort!, there's no "situation checking" like "has a certain amount of TWR been achieved", right?
  2. First plays an abort audio cue (Apollo-style audio plays e.g. the Apollo 13 anomaly report)
  3. Then executes the Abort action group if set up to do so.

I've taken to playing with, among others, OhScrap!, Bill's Panic Box, and now also Kerbal Launch Failure (because OhScrap! wasn't blowing up my rockets during launch, and I usually can take an engine failure). During flight, this works nicely.

Sometimes, however, OhScrap results in an SRB not firing while the vessel is still bolted down. Somewhat unrealistically, I've designed my launch pads to be able to take the stress of a fully firing, bolted down SRB, but that does mean I actually really want to be able to do pad aborts. I'm trying to do this by just firing the SRBs 2 seconds before lift-off, visually checking them for the red failure highlight, and hitting Abort! if they fail.

So here's the problems:

  • The latency of several seconds that step 2 introduces is somewhat annoying -- would it be possible and desirable to switch around the steps to first execute the abort action, then play the audio que?
  • More importantly, with Action Sets being introduced, it only seems to run the Default action, regardless of which Action Set is active. In contrast, Bob's Panic Box runs the Abort action from the currently active Action Set. I tried setting it up with Action Set 4 being all the "pre-lift-off" actions and thus also having the pad abort, but clearly this isn't working. I'd rather not use the Default Action Set for the launch-pad abort because then I have to replicate all the shared abort logic (shutting down LF engines, e.g.) in all the other Action Sets. Any chance of replacing the Abort-logic with that from Bob's Panic Box?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MacGyverNL said:

The latency of several seconds that step 2 introduces is somewhat annoying -- would it be possible and desirable to switch around the steps to first execute the abort action, then play the audio que?

Possible, I’ll take a look when updating the mod.

23 hours ago, MacGyverNL said:

More importantly, with Action Sets being introduced, it only seems to run the Default action, regardless of which Action Set is active. In contrast, Bob's Panic Box runs the Abort action from the currently active Action Set. I tried setting it up with Action Set 4 being all the "pre-lift-off" actions and thus also having the pad abort, but clearly this isn't working. I'd rather not use the Default Action Set for the launch-pad abort because then I have to replicate all the shared abort logic (shutting down LF engines, e.g.) in all the other Action Sets. Any chance of replacing the Abort-logic with that from Bob's Panic Box?

Not sure, but I’ll see what I can do.

I haven't yet played with the action sets yet, so don’t really know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need this. Why oh why I haven't I seen this before?

Yet another fine product by you. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 3:55 PM, MacGyverNL said:

The latency of several seconds that step 2 introduces is somewhat annoying -- would it be possible and desirable to switch around the steps to first execute the abort action, then play the audio que?

I never noticed this before, probably because I don't use the Abort stuff.  Just tried it, it was hilarious.

And the issue of the Action Sets is probably fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 1.3.8.1

  • Moved code to make abort sound after the FireAction
  • Changed abort code to use current action group set 
  • Added InstallChecker
  • Reworked abort sound to play simultaneously with the abort sequence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I never noticed this before, probably because I don't use the Abort stuff.  Just tried it, it was hilarious.

I will admit that the whole sequence of my Kerbals calmly reporting an anomaly while a few thousand kN of thrust was raging below them for another 10 seconds, before shutting down all LF engines and then aborting with the LES brought a smile to my face. Fortunately noticed this when an SRB misfired, rather than when something decided to blow up.

And thanks for fixing this so fast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MacGyverNL said:

I will admit that the whole sequence of my Kerbals calmly reporting an anomaly while a few thousand kN of thrust was raging below them for another 10 seconds, before shutting down all LF engines and then aborting with the LES brought a smile to my face. Fortunately noticed this when an SRB misfired, rather than when something decided to blow up.

And thanks for fixing this so fast!

Your welcome.  Thanks for reporting it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

really great mod, i'm loving it and used it every launch! ...but unfortunately other mods force me to use KSP v1.7.3 now. 

in CKAN it says its compatible to KSP v1.7.2 - KSP v1.7.3. i tried it, but it seems don't work.

I'm getting the icon, but when i press it one time nothing happens. pressing it again it sets my throttle up to 100%. that's all.

will this mod get an update for KSP v1.7.3?

 

Edit: solved. CKAN showed me only "ClickThrough_Blocker-0.0.1.6.10",  i installed "ClickThroughBlocker-0.1.7.2" (even it's for KSP 1.7.2) manually and got the mod working now on KSP v1.7.3.2594.

Edited by noRhino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer good day bro, so I double checked page 1 to be sure, but couldn't find anything relating to it, I wanted to know if this mod synced with mechjeb auto launch or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

@linuxgurugamer good day bro, so I double checked page 1 to be sure, but couldn't find anything relating to it, I wanted to know if this mod synced with mechjeb auto launch or not

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just installed this, I think it's a really cool addition to the game. So the countdown duration depends on the length of the sound file, is that correct?

Does anyone know of a way how to trigger the launch from kOS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.