Spacecraft rolls for no reason

Here- this will explain:

b1T5mKOI0vSJFE7k9iaFCheC7-xCyp9fNJt-21c7

I was playing K-64 with real fuels, part mods and mechjeb. I have turned off SAS, and my fingers are not touching the keyboard, yet it is spinning. This is not the first time I have had this problem.  If I turn on SAS, it stops the spinning, but manual control is glitchy. If I use Mechjeb, it spins out of  control as well. For instance,  I tried landing guidance, and the craft started spinning in every direction. This is kind of a gamebreaking  bug, so.....

You might have trim enabled. You can set trim by pressing Alt+WASDQE and reset (disable) it by pressing Alt+X.

Trim simulates you keeping a key pressed, it can be useful when flying planes to keep a constant altitude. Trim is "paused" when SAS is active: your craft will no longer move by itself with SAS but trim will not be reset when you disable SAS. I don't know how MechJeb handles trim, but it's pretty consistent with what you're describing.

Edited by Gaarst
Typo

15 hours ago, Gaarst said:

You might have trim enabled. You can set trim by pressing Alt+WASDQE and reset (disable) it by pressing Alt+X.

Trim simulates you keeping a key pressed, it can be useful when flying planes to keep a constant altitude. Trim is "paused" when SAS is active: your craft will no longer move by itself with SAS but trim will not be reset when you disable SAS. I don't know how MechJeb handles trim, but it's pretty consistent with what you're describing.

11 hours ago, stibbons said:

You're not providing any input, but that screenshot shows pitch, yaw and roll are close to max. @Gaarst is right, it's almost certainly your trim settings.

Alt-X is not working....

22 hours ago, Gaarst said:

Are you sure it's trim? Alt-X is not working and in the Persisistent the trim is at zero.

Do you have a joystick attached? I know that mine at least tends to drift, meaning that some times it will turn for no reason. Something similar could be happening if you have a joystick attached.

Could it also be related to mechjeb? Try removing mechjeb and see if it persists.

1 hour ago, qzgy said:

Do you have a joystick attached? I know that mine at least tends to drift, meaning that some times it will turn for no reason. Something similar could be happening if you have a joystick attached.

Could it also be related to mechjeb? Try removing mechjeb and see if it persists.

I have no joystick, mechjeb did fix it, but I am an awful piliot and cannot dock or land without it.

@LordOfMinecraft99, does your craft keep rolling or does it roll to a certain angle, then stop?

If it keeps rolling it is either as others already said trimming or a clipping/phantom force issue or. (On large craft I would suspect autostruts but I highly doubt they are to blame on a craft this small.)
If it only rolls to a certain angle it is even easier than that, then it is MechJeb. Turn off the 'force roll' in MechJeb's Smart A.S.S.

Edited by Tex_NL

10 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

@LordOfMinecraft99, does your craft keep rolling or does it roll to a certain angle, then stop?

If it keeps rolling it is either as others already said trimming or a clipping/phantom horse issue or. (On large craft I would suspect autostruts but I highly doubt they are to blame on a craft this small.)
If it only rolls to a certain angle it is even easier than that, then it is MechJeb. Turn off the 'horse roll' in MechJeb's Smart A.S.S.

no, it keeps rolling.  Even on ships with no MechJeb core.  When I uninstall Mechjeb, that all stops, but 

A:  mechjeb is on almost every one of my ships in my career

B: i am a horrible pilot who cannot land or docking without MJ.

4 minutes ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

No, I do not. Here is a full list of my mods:

2Yy1e2flwJq76cdVfPtQ8x1F4wWCija43Lpls0qp

Can you post a link to a copy of the file: ModuleManager.ConfigCache

please.

It still sounds like somehow Mechjeb is being added to all the command modules, this will show whether or not not thats happening

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.