The Kurburgring Lap

He_162

5 minutes ago, Deathpuff12 said:

It's too bad I can't use this: https://kerbalx.com/Deathpuff12/Jetsetter

Oh well, I might make another car just for this challenge. I've never done a race before, and the car I made was just a one-off thing, but maybe I'll do it again and see how it turns out!

What's wrong with that entry? It looks usable, unless I'm completely forgetting something.

41 minutes ago, He_162 said:

I think it looks good, put it on KerbalX so I can download it and make sure it's got a large enough amount of downforce and wings to qualify as a "wing car".

The amount of wings is rather small, and aesthetic is a huge deal in this contest, it has to look like a modern day supercar, and it looks more or less like an R/C car, I'm not trying to sound rude and say your craft is ugly, but it just doesn't fit the aesthetic portion of the challenge, which requires a supercar like resemblance.

This is just a basic frame, which I am going to develop into an up-scaled version. Stay tuned!

26 minutes ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

Uploaded my car.

2017-09-15%2013-34-01.png

It can be found here.

I hope it qualifies. I put a lot of work into making it look nice and work well.

I might make some modifications to the spoiler in the back before I race though.

The car seems to meet all the requirements and definitely fits the aesthetic we're looking for, I think it should be allowed but I can't make a final decision without He_162's opinion. I do think the car looks amazing though!

3 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

My first attempt with the CANUKWurks F1 took 1:37 but I can probably do much better with a bit of practice

@EpicSpaceTroll139 - I stole your idea for the rear view mirrors :blush:

Here's the craft file: https://kerbalx.com/DoctorDavinci/CANUKWurks-F-1

I like the car, if need any help with increasing performance just ask C7-Rejects/prgm Trouble, He_162, or me, we all know plenty about making high performing cars.

24 minutes ago, LABenterprises said:

I like the car, if need any help with increasing performance just ask C7-Rejects/prgm Trouble, He_162, or me, we all know plenty about making high performing cars.

Performance isn't the issue ... I have a little experience building cars myself :wink:

Spoiler

Edited by DoctorDavinci

2 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Nice to see there's still some life in my old, unfinished mod. This was my run back then:

I can't believe that its been well over a month since I first found out about this and i'm still blown away by it!

10 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Performance isn't the issue ... I have a little experience building cars myself :wink:

Reveal hidden contents

In that case feel free to ask anything! :)

Sneak peek at my new test vehicle:

HFFPUqg.png

JFrNSib.png

H6srPoI.png

A little better aesthetically, has 9 juno engines, weighs 8.6 tons, has insane handling. It is still going to be a test vehicle, as the car is still not good enough for my standards. I may make a fully developed version in the future, but I'm still focused on finding a balance between aerodynamic part drag from the modelling and the eyesore of raw utilitarian engineering that I'm used to. Lap time coming at some point...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.