[1.12.x] Integrated Stack Decouplers & Radial Crossfeed Control

linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer Would it be possible to have a toggle for this? As in, always on. Also, when working on a build it seems to sometimes "forget" that I had already turned on the decoupler for a tank. For example, if I detach the tank temporarily to put something between it and and engine, it may forget to re-enable the decoupler once I re-attach it.

On 1/31/2019 at 12:57 AM, leatherneck6017 said:

@linuxgurugamer Would it be possible to have a toggle for this? As in, always on. Also, when working on a build it seems to sometimes "forget" that I had already turned on the decoupler for a tank. For example, if I detach the tank temporarily to put something between it and and engine, it may forget to re-enable the decoupler once I re-attach it.

I could, but that could cause major problems when you start to stack tanks.

On 1/31/2019 at 9:29 PM, leatherneck6017 said:

Encountered NRE spam just now with a new ship, log says it's this mod.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gokglftu2e41e2/output_log.txt?dl=0

Craft: https://www.dropbox.com/s/riwmg7drg1vlecp/2_5 crewed.craft?dl=0

Looking into this, but next time, please provide as simple an example as possible.  The time it takes to find and install all mods necessary for that craft is not insignificant.  At least a list of all the mods that the craft requires would be helpful.

For example, it appears that the fins on the craft are from KRE, and have nothing to do with the issue.  So removing them would have saved me some time.  Essentially, strip the craft down to as minimal parts as possible before sending in a bug report (this applies to any modder, not just myself).

I have spent about 1/2 hour just tracking down mods, and it still says there are lots more.  I'll look at the code, but I can't install 100 mods just to track down a single bug

Edited by linuxgurugamer

New release, 0.1.3.5

• In RadialCrossFeedControl, added code to check for ModuleToggleCrossfeed, if it doesn't exist, then don't execute.  This needed because at least one if not more pods in the KSP Expansion has a MOduleAnchoredDecoupler without the ModuleToggleCrossfeed

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Looking into this, but next time, please provide as simple an example as possible.  The time it takes to find and install all mods necessary for that craft is not insignificant.  At least a list of all the mods that the craft requires would be helpful.

Sorry about that, I didn't realize that you would load the craft in game. For some reason I thought modders needed it just to view the list of parts.

10 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

Sorry about that, I didn't realize that you would load the craft in game. For some reason I thought modders needed it just to view the list of parts.

It’s always easier to debug a problem when it can be reproduced, otherwise there is no easy way to know if it’s been fixed.  In this case I was able to see enough to figure out what was going on.

47 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It’s always easier to debug a problem when it can be reproduced, otherwise there is no easy way to know if it’s been fixed.  In this case I was able to see enough to figure out what was going on.

Got it. In hindsight I probably should have been able to narrow it down to the re-entry pod from the expansion. I had used that same platform to launch a normal pod earlier with no issues.

• 1 month later...

I love this mod; it's simple and also simplifies designs. Two items I'd like to bring to your attention.

1. As others have reported, tanks seem to forget their settings sometimes and revert to "No Decoupler". 

2. I also use Recovery Controller and FMRS (and Stage Recovery). As you know, RC lets you set whether FMRS or SR will handle recovery of any stage, but there is no option to set this on the Integrated Decouplers (that I see). Is that something that could be easily added? If not, what would you suggest for uncrewed / controlled stages (will RC just automatically send them to SR)?

As always, thank you! 

7 hours ago, eightiesboi said:

1. As others have reported, tanks seem to forget their settings sometimes and revert to "No Decoupler". 

I am aware, but need to be able to reliabily replicate the error

7 hours ago, eightiesboi said:

2. I also use Recovery Controller and FMRS (and Stage Recovery). As you know, RC lets you set whether FMRS or SR will handle recovery of any stage, but there is no option to set this on the Integrated Decouplers (that I see). Is that something that could be easily added? If not, what would you suggest for uncrewed / controlled stages (will RC just automatically send them to SR)?

I dont have an answer right now, but i will think about it

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Curious i saw that when you have surface mounted (like Thuds attached radially?) engines you need to enable crossfeed. If you have a stack would you just select uni-directional and make sure the tanks are higher priority so they allow the surface mounted engines to work but cut off when the tank runs out without draining from other tanks?

I will be installing it.

Also first post on these forums (KSP reddit guy and lurker here when google or CKAN takes me here) but i wanted to take the time to say i just realized how many mods i have (7 and i'm adding at least another 4 but might be more still looking) that have your name on it. 

>>>>Slight your awesome new fan boy warning<<<<

Hangar Extender, RCS Build Aid Continued, ScienceAlert ReAlerted, and Precise Node have been life savers for me. These are core to my ideal KSP experience. I would say Click Through Blocker is as well as everything requires it but i have no idea what it actually does lol.

So again super awesome job. Please keep up the good work. I greatly appreciate it all. I hope you one day experience a room full of things that bring you nothing but joy and if you already have may it happen again. I hope this provided some joy as it is the only thing i have to give you.

Thank you

• 2 months later...

@linuxgurugamer Minor but annoying, StageRecovery seems to get confused by this when visualizing safe stages and possibly during actual determination of recoverability. I'd guess that SR has a short-circuit/early-out for decoupler nodes, but if you go into VAB, make a vehicle of two small tanks, put two chutes on the top one, make the top one a decoupler, and then click the 'SR' button to color-code recoverability ... the top tank will be green and the lower one red.

On 3/6/2019 at 12:12 PM, eightiesboi said:

Replication for me:

. Add tank,
. Set Decoupler,
. Left click on tank to pick it up,
. Place tank again
-> setting lost,

. Add tank,
. Set Decoupler,
. Alt-Left click on tank to pick up a copy,
. Place copy,
-> setting lost,

. Add tank,
. Set Decoupler,
. Launch,
. Revert to vehicle hangar,
-> setting lost

I've not exhaustively tested for this, but they've been consistent enough to either be deterministic or an uninitialized value/undefined behavior

On 1/10/2020 at 12:35 AM, PyroPerc88 said:

Curious i saw that when you have surface mounted (like Thuds attached radially?) engines you need to enable crossfeed. If you have a stack would you just select uni-directional and make sure the tanks are higher priority so they allow the surface mounted engines to work but cut off when the tank runs out without draining from other tanks?

Not sure what you mean. I haven't really used surface mounted engines on a tank with this enabled. But what you are saying sounds like it's correct.  I'd have to play with it to see, but off hand, the tank obeys the same rules as a decoupler when this is enabled on the tank

9 hours ago, kfsone said:

@linuxgurugamer Minor but annoying, StageRecovery seems to get confused by this when visualizing safe stages and possibly during actual determination of recoverability. I'd guess that SR has a short-circuit/early-out for decoupler nodes, but if you go into VAB, make a vehicle of two small tanks, put two chutes on the top one, make the top one a decoupler, and then click the 'SR' button to color-code recoverability ... the top tank will be green and the lower one red.

Well, isn't that what you expect?  Try the same thing, only put a decoupler between the tanks instead of enabling this and see what happens.

On 3/23/2020 at 4:13 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

> Not sure what you mean. I haven't really used surface mounted engines on a tank with this enabled. But what you are saying sounds like it's correct.  I'd have to play with it to see, but off hand, the tank obeys the same rules as a decoupler when this is enabled on the tank

Well, isn't that what you expect?  Try the same thing, only put a decoupler between the tanks instead of enabling this and see what happens.

Did I misunderstand that the decoupler is at the top of the tank? When I marked the top-most tank as having a decoupler, I was expecting the behavior on the left, but I was seeing the behavior on the right.

tanks.png

• 3 months later...

Currently getting spammed with this one in 1.10

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at IntegratedStackedTankDecouplers.RadialCrossFeedControl.SetCrossfeedType (IntegratedStackedTankDecouplers.RadialCrossFeedControl+FuelFlowtype newCrossfeedType) [0x0003a] in <e9bfb39978c14e68bb0097064ecc1ed3>:0 
  at IntegratedStackedTankDecouplers.RadialCrossFeedControl.zAwake () [0x00012] in <e9bfb39978c14e68bb0097064ecc1ed3>:0 
  at IntegratedStackedTankDecouplers.RadialCrossFeedControl.initFlight () [0x00000] in <e9bfb39978c14e68bb0097064ecc1ed3>:0 
  at IntegratedStackedTankDecouplers.RadialCrossFeedControl.FixedUpdate () [0x00015] in <e9bfb39978c14e68bb0097064ecc1ed3>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.