SkunkTwerks

SkunkTwerks Presents STAR WARS: High-Fidelity Craft Designs

On 12/30/2017 at 2:50 PM, HeroBrian_333 said:

Can you try and make this? It's from the Clone Wars TV Series.

Oooh, that looks pretty cool. What's it called? It looks like a great excuse to build another hinge!

Progress on the X-wing "boba in a straw" hinge is slow but steady. It's still a bit fiddly, but as of right now I can get all four S-foils to move back and forth from Flight -> Combat configuration and back without destroying the hinges most of the time. Getting it to work consistently in flight will be the real challenge.

mW5wLoE.png

KtgwhH4.png

-SkunkTwerks

Posted (edited)

ARGH MY INABILITY TO ACCESS KSP IS MAKING ME MISS OUT ON SO MUCH

Edited by ShadowGoat

2 hours ago, SkunkTwerks said:

Oooh, that looks pretty cool. What's it called? It looks like a great excuse to build another hinge!

It's a Zyggerian Freighter. I would reccomend using a bar and light jet engines inside the main hull (because of the weight of the engine nacelles) and docking ports inside the hull to hold the nacelles steady when in landing position.

On 1/1/2018 at 5:10 PM, HeroBrian_333 said:

It's a Zyggerian Freighter.

Added to the to-do list!

Speaking of the to-do list, I finally got around to polishing up an old project: the SkunkTwerks Z-95 Headhunter.

Reference ortho by unusualsuspex

fbvqUcH.png

SkunkTwerks proudly presents the Z-95 Headhunter, predecessor to the illustrious T-65 X-Wing. Piloting this light fighter is a great way to establish nerd dominance over the dweebs at Mission control: you can say you basically flew the X-Wing *before* it was cool.

6aNlh1V.png

Hotkey 1 toggles vertical engine, hotkey 2 toggles horizontal engines. A vertically-oriented QBE (Hotkey 4) is included to facilitate vertical landings. Hotkey 5 toggles the vertical engine gimbal.

EaiWe0d.png

Optimized for atmospheric flight and VTOL capability.

In other news, I finally got around to seeing the Last Jedi last weekend! It pleased me greatly to see all the new ships, even if @Jett_Quasar beat me to the punch on building some of the most memorable ones. (No hard feelings, you rock!) Those ski speeders though... talk about ridiculous craft design!

May the Schwartz be with you,

-SkunkTwerks

Yay! Also yeah I loved those ski-speeders.

*pushes on gas*

*section of floor falls out*

”What the..?”