[1.12.x] KEI - Kerbin Environmental Institute

linuxgurugamer

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, SpaceTaxi2k16 said:

Seems not to work with KSP 1.11.1. Got no Button. :(

Please keep up the good work on this mod.

I can confirm it is working in 1.11.1 been using it for weeks now. You've either got a mod conflict, missing dependency, incorrect install, or some other KSP weirdness going on. Double check your install, double check your dependencies, make sure you haven't accidentally grabbed an old broken version {I've done that before} and if its' still not working shoot Linuxgurugamer your log file and maybe he can help figure out what's going wrong.

Ok, first of all, thanks for rechecking it!

In the first post it says

"Using [x] Science! is recommended, to keep things clear."

But the linked Version is for KSP 1.4.5 and does not work anymore.
I have ScienceAlert installed instead.

The Dependencies are Click Through Blocker and Toolbar Controller both installed in the latest Versions.

That shoulb be fine so far.
I downloaded KEI from Github btw ;)
Maybe theres something in the Log, but im not that pro in KSP console stuff.
I can´t upload the Log File here :(  (BTW english is not my native language, sorry for this :) ).

30 minutes ago, SpaceTaxi2k16 said:

The Dependencies are Click Through Blocker and Toolbar Controller both installed in the latest Versions.

I can´t upload the Log File here :(  (BTW english is not my native language, sorry for this :) ).

If you want some help you'll need to give us more information.

Check this post:

8 hours ago, SpaceTaxi2k16 said:

Yes, that is an old version of XScience, I'll get it updated.  But you should use CKAN to do the installs, that will always install the correct version for the game you are playing

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

But you should use CKAN to do the installs, that will always install the correct version for the game you are playing

Caveat: As long as it exists and the metadata is correct. And even then its not guaranteed to work because some ancient mods have "Any" as the maximum version they are compatible with. LGG's games are a notable exception, he keeps them functional, I dont know how he does it with over 200 at last count.  Buy the man a beer.  Or a good 12 year old single malt Irish Whiskey (or Scotch if that's his tipple) :D

8 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

LGG's games are a notable exception, he keeps them functional, I dont know how he does it with over 200 at last count.  Buy the man a beer.  Or a good 12 year old single malt Irish Whiskey (or Scotch if that's his tipple) :D

I don't drink alcohol, thanks.  Contributions are welcome :-)  

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't drink alcohol, thanks.  Contributions are welcome :-)  

And there's the most remarkable thing!  All those mods and all the requests every time there's an update "when are you going to updat X? I want it now"... And you don't drink yet?!?! 

9o1TYiQ.gif

LOL!  Thanks for what you do - I would not bother playing this game were it not for many of your mods (And Roverdude, Nertea, R-T-B, Poodmund, Sarbian, and several others)

I'm sure others feel same the same way.   

edit: For you millennials and zoomers, thats a reference to Animal House, a movie which GenXers (and boomers) recommend you  watch

Edited by Murdabenne
reference

2 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

And there's the most remarkable thing!  All those mods and all the requests every time there's an update "when are you going to updat X? I want it now"... And you don't drink yet?!?

Alcohol doesn't agree with me, gives me migraine headaches

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's called the cheat menu.  This is used to help get past the early career grind

Are you referring to just adding science points in the cheat menu, or is there a way to specifically mark [$experiment in $biome/$situation] as completed and claim the science from it?  'Cause the latter is what I'm thinking of.

3 minutes ago, SilverlightPony said:

Are you referring to just adding science points in the cheat menu, or is there a way to specifically mark [$experiment in $biome/$situation] as completed and claim the science from it?  'Cause the latter is what I'm thinking of.

No mod does that, and I'm not going to add that to this mod

• 3 months later...

New BETA release, 1.2.10.4

• Remove Log.cs, added SpaceTuxLibrary as new dependency
  • Moved some initialization from SpaceCenter to Main Menu (not visible to user)
  • Added following modes, currently controlled in stock settings:
    • KEI Lite    Just give all local science
    • KEI Medium    Need to launch a vessel with an experiment, then all science for that experiment will be added to science
    • KEI Full    Shows window, nothing done automatically
  • Added mode selection window
  • Added Settings page to control mode
  • Added on-screen display of gained science for the Lite and Medium modes

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KSP-KEI/releases/tag/1.2.10.4

Please be sure that you have te SpaceTuxLibrary installed.  

• 1 month later...

New release, 1.2.10.5

• Added configurable time delay to message display when not in full mode
  • Improved settings panel to hide settings not needed for current setting
  • Fixed nullref in KEI.KEI.SwitchOff  when in medium mode
  • Remove Log.cs, added SpaceTuxLibrary as new dependency
  • Moved some initialization from SpaceCenter to Main Menu (not visible to user)
  • Added following modes, currently controlled in stock settings:
    • KEI Lite    Just give all local science
    • KEI Medium    Need to launch a vessel with an experiment, then all science for that experiment will be added to science
    • KEI Full    Shows window, nothing done automatically
  • Added mode selection window
  • Added Settings page to control mode
  • Added on-screen display of gained science for the Lite and Medium modes
Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...

Is there a setting I can change somewhere for this mod to have it not pop up every time I open R&D? (and curiously enough, the astronaut center? ) And if not, could you possibly add one in the next update?   The mod used to not do this, and somewhere in the past couple of versions it started to and I would prefer if it didn't, since having to close the pop-up every single time I go into R&D is becoming a bit of an annoyance as most pop-ups tend to do.  

7 hours ago, DeliriumTrigger said:

Is there a setting I can change somewhere for this mod to have it not pop up every time I open R&D? (and curiously enough, the astronaut center? ) And if not, could you possibly add one in the next update?   The mod used to not do this, and somewhere in the past couple of versions it started to and I would prefer if it didn't, since having to close the pop-up every single time I go into R&D is becoming a bit of an annoyance as most pop-ups tend to do.  

Not sure what you are referring to, can you provide a screenshot please?

Also, what mode are you using it in?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

41 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not sure what you are referring to, can you provide a screenshot please?

Also, what mode are you using it in?

Spoiler

WTCtzsQ.pngdLslpVW.pngRAPxmrE.png

Attached screenshots of my settings window, and the window that is popping up when I open R&D/Astronaut complex (??) within the spoiler.

Like I said, the pop-up of this window upon entering R&D only started happening some time in the last few updates, previously it would only open if I clicked on the toolbar button.  If this is unexpected behavior that you're not seeing in your own testing and a ksp or player log would be helpful here I'm happy to provide, though I see no errors in the console that would indicate a problem.  I assumed this was an intended change and was just seeking a way to make the pop-ups stop.

On 7/27/2022 at 8:42 AM, DeliriumTrigger said:

the pop-up of this window upon entering R&D only started happening some time in the last few updates, previously it would only open if I clicked on the toolbar button.  If this is unexpected behavior that you're not seeing in your own testing and a ksp or player log would be helpful here I'm happy to provide, though I see no errors in the console that would indicate a problem.  I assumed this was an intended change and was just seeking a way to make the pop-ups stop.

This is most definitely NOT intended behaviour.  

Player.log, please, also, are you Career or Science mode?

On 7/28/2022 at 12:56 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

This is most definitely NOT intended behaviour.  

Player.log, please, also, are you Career or Science mode?

Hey, sorry it took me a few days to get back to you, life gets in the way sometimes.  The save this is happening in is science mode.  I don't think that's relevant to why it's happening though.  I just tried a career save with the same install and it's happening in there as well. 

I tried a different JNSQ install with KEI in the modlist, which is also a science save, and the window doesn't pop up like this in that modlist.  So I guess that's good news since it's likely some interaction between mods or something broken in my install and not something that really needs your attention.

However, since you asked, here is a link to the player.log. Not sure how helpful it will be, I did a quick ctrl-f for KEI and don't see anything that stands out to me as an error, but maybe something will jump out at you if for some reason you're really interested in hunting down whatever weird interaction is causing this bug.   I'm not asking you to do that though, diagnosing a minor annoyance that is likely the result of some unique combination of mods and doesn't affect the actual functionality of the mod or the overall install in some game breaking way is completely unnecessary.   I appreciate that you were willing to look into it but that sounds like a wild goose chase to me and I'm sure you have enough on your plate.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.