[1.12.x] KEI - Kerbin Environmental Institute

linuxgurugamer

On 7/30/2022 at 10:41 AM, DeliriumTrigger said:

Hey, sorry it took me a few days to get back to you, life gets in the way sometimes.  The save this is happening in is science mode.  I don't think that's relevant to why it's happening though.  I just tried a career save with the same install and it's happening in there as well. 

I tried a different JNSQ install with KEI in the modlist, which is also a science save, and the window doesn't pop up like this in that modlist.  So I guess that's good news since it's likely some interaction between mods or something broken in my install and not something that really needs your attention.

However, since you asked, here is a link to the player.log. Not sure how helpful it will be, I did a quick ctrl-f for KEI and don't see anything that stands out to me as an error, but maybe something will jump out at you if for some reason you're really interested in hunting down whatever weird interaction is causing this bug.   I'm not asking you to do that though, diagnosing a minor annoyance that is likely the result of some unique combination of mods and doesn't affect the actual functionality of the mod or the overall install in some game breaking way is completely unnecessary.   I appreciate that you were willing to look into it but that sounds like a wild goose chase to me and I'm sure you have enough on your plate.

I've reviewed the log file again, nothing jumps out.

However, I wonder what would happen if you started a new game in that save.  Could you try that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks, this is really great!

Would be cool if there was a button to remove those science points again. I just don't want to start my campaign with 1000 points, just remove those microbiomes from the list.

On 9/7/2022 at 10:19 PM, Fr8monkey said:

Got the latest version and the icon isn't showing up in tool bar.  Is this a thing?  Did I miss something?

You might have selected light mode. Then no toolbar is supposed to show up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.