SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

I don't have steam version, so I can't check, but it seems that SQUAD bring even more confuse because current KSP version in readme file have still listed version 1.0.5.

That might confuse any automatic compatibility checker (AVC and CKAN). It would be better if they ship pre-relese version with higher number, like 1.0.9 or something. They could even put version number like 1.1.x and once it become official they could just release it with latest minor number.

It will be less confusing for anyone (human and automatic version checkers)

the 1.1 prerelase (and the need for modders to be able to upload stuff for 1.1) caused some trouble.

"dev" and "prereleases" arent known by the code (yet) so we had to make an quick and dirty fix. (hope that helps for the time beeing)

Important News:

We just had a meeting because we recieved a letter stating that the name Spacedock is a registered trademark and we have to change it imidiatly.

So we just renamed Spacedock to PizzaDock until we come up with a better name for it.

I'm not a lawyer, but trademark infringement is only trademark infringement when there's a "chance of confusion." Ie. a game company named 
"spacedock" will have reasonable rights to the name, a record company named "spacedock" won't (as the spacedock site, obviously, is not for selling music).

Of course you'd need to spend disproportionate amounts of cash to defend against that, so changing the name is easier... Sigh.

Well I do like GalCiv 2 and that's at least one company that I can think of that got the poophole. Brad Wardell or whatever his name is is a finicky git at times.

EDIT - And poophole is not an improvement over the UK version of ass moderators. Just as bad really.

Edited by AlphaAsh

13 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

I'm not a lawyer, but trademark infringement is only trademark infringement when there's a "chance of confusion." Ie. a game company named 
"spacedock" will have reasonable rights to the name, a record company named "spacedock" won't (as the spacedock site, obviously, is not for selling music).

Of course you'd need to spend disproportionate amounts of cash to defend against that, so changing the name is easier... Sigh.

18 minutes ago, VITAS said:

Important News:

We just had a meeting because we recieved a letter stating that the name Spacedock is a registered trademark and we have to change it imidiatly.

So we just renamed Spacedock to PizzaDock until we come up with a better name for it.

@Kerbart, you might want to check the Month and Day today...

5 hours ago, VITAS said:

Important News:

The sad thing about copyright law is that I can see this actually happening.