FreeThinker

[1.7.3/1.6.1/1.5.1/1.4.5/1.3.1] KSP Interstellar Extended 1.23.8 Support Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Strait_Raider said:

Has anyone been able to get KSPI-E to work with 1.7.2? I got a few errors when I tried to start it up, I was able to update The Extended Filters mod, but I'm still getting errors for Photon Sailor Not Supported, please use 1.7 (Probably safe to ignore?), and KSPI-E is missing (...) Gamedata/WarpPlugin

None of the KSPI-E content comes up as a result. I can't find anywhere to install solely the WarpPlugin, and reinstalling KSPI-E does not fix it.

I'm doing this from a fresh install of KSP and can't figure out what I might be doing wrong. Has anyone seen or overcome this issue?

Most likely you did not install the mod correctly. My guess is that you now have an additional GameData folder within your Gamedata folder, which is not good. Instead the WarpPlugin folder needs to be in the Gamedata folder located in your KSP . The warning message on Photon Sailor can be ignored

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a bug that I think is KSPI with 1.7.2. In my case I can replicate it by creating a ship with a command pod, 2 radial attached fuel tanks, and the LV-N or LANTR. The engine with flicker green / red while I hover over the attachment point. Log file spams this as soon as I drag the engines to the attachment points.

Spoiler

[LOG 19:49:58.069] [KSPI]: ThermalNozzleController - Setup propellant chosenpropellant 0 / 33
[LOG 19:49:58.069] [KSPI]: ThermalNozzleController set propellant name: LqdHydrogen ratio: 1 resourceFlowMode: STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
[LOG 19:49:58.069] [KSPI]: ThermalNozzleController - Setup propellant LqdHydrogen
[LOG 19:49:58.069] [KSPI]: did not find techid extremeRadiators
[LOG 19:49:58.069] [KSPI]: did not find techid exoticRadiators
[LOG 19:49:58.069] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedRadiators
[LOG 19:49:58.069] [KSPI]: did not find techid advHeatManagement
[LOG 19:49:58.069] [KSPI]: found techid heatManagementSystems available
[LOG 19:49:58.071] [KSPI]: detach "NERVA" Solid Core Fission Engine
[LOG 19:49:58.086] [KSPI]: detach "NERVA" Solid Core Fission Engine
[LOG 19:49:58.086] [KSPI]: Found power source localy
[LOG 19:49:58.086] [KSPI]: detach "NERVA" Solid Core Fission Engine
[LOG 19:49:58.086] [KSPI]: detach "NERVA" Solid Core Fission Engine
[LOG 19:49:58.086] [KSPI]: detach "NERVA" Solid Core Fission Engine
[EXC 19:50:44.720] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PartResource].get_Item (Int32 index)
    DictionaryValueList`2[System.Int32,PartResource].At (Int32 index)
    PartResourceList.get_Item (Int32 index)
    Part.OnCopy (.Part original, Boolean asSymCounterpart)
    EditorLogic.createSymmetry (Int32 mode, .Attachment attach)
    EditorLogic.<SetupFSM>m__D ()
    KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM ()
    EditorLogic.Update ()
[LOG 19:50:44.720] [KSPI]: OnStart MSRGC nuclearEngine
[LOG 19:50:44.725] [KSPI]: found 2 valid fuel types
[LOG 19:50:44.725] [KSPI]: grouped them into 2 valid fuel modes
[LOG 19:50:44.725] [KSPI]: did not find techid highPowerElectricalSystems
[LOG 19:50:44.725] [KSPI]: did not find techid highTechElectricalSystems
[LOG 19:50:44.725] [KSPI]: did not find techid experimentalElectrics
[LOG 19:50:44.725] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedElectrics
[LOG 19:50:44.725] [KSPI]: did not find techid Thermal Electric Generator Mk2
[LOG 19:50:44.725] [KSPI]: Found power source localy
[LOG 19:50:44.726] [KSPI]: ThermalNozzleController - start ConnectToThermalSource
[LOG 19:50:44.726] [KSPI]: ThermalNozzleController - BreadthFirstSearchForThermalSource- Found thermal searchResult with distance 0
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: ThermalNozzleController - Indexed 33 fuelmodes
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid highPerformanceFuelSystems
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid highPerformanceFuelSystems
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid highPerformanceFuelSystems
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid highPerformanceFuelSystems
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: found techid start available
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: ThermalNozzleController - Found 14 compatible fuelmodes
 

Also discovered: copy clicking the LV-N will add an engine icon on the stage list, but no extra engine is created. If I instead inline attach the fuel tank and the engine, then try to radial attach the fuel tank it works as 2 way radial, but 3 way radial appears as a single radial attachment (though slowly blinks green as if it's adding and removing the attachment).

scMFAXp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I love Interstellar and have very much enjoyed playing with it in previous versions of KSP. However, with 1.7.2, I've encountered a serious issue.

When spawning test vehicles and power stations on the runway, either the craft doesn't spawn, or its silhouette appears filled with what seems to be the Kerbin sky. Its something I've experienced with both a modded game and a clean install with only the contents of the Interstellar download. I've included some pictures and videos of the issue, along with the contents of my Game Data folder (there is a video of the loading onto the runway in the link provided). https://imgur.com/a/9udQki9 

It could just be an incredibly dumb mistake on my end, but I'd appreciate any input or suggestions on how to resolve the issue.

 

Spoiler

rw6i8n0.jpg

aqrKcuF.jpg

DfjeTss.jpg

P314UAT.png

BK6PDQX.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, RiskyRe-entry said:

Hi, I love Interstellar and have very much enjoyed playing with it in previous versions of KSP. However, with 1.7.2, I've encountered a serious issue.

When spawning test vehicles and power stations on the runway, either the craft doesn't spawn, or its silhouette appears filled with what seems to be the Kerbin sky. Its something I've experienced with both a modded game and a clean install with only the contents of the Interstellar download. I've included some pictures and videos of the issue, along with the contents of my Game Data folder (there is a video of the loading onto the runway in the link provided). https://imgur.com/a/9udQki9 

It could just be an incredibly dumb mistake on my end, but I'd appreciate any input or suggestions on how to resolve the issue.

 

  Hide contents

rw6i8n0.jpg

aqrKcuF.jpg

DfjeTss.jpg

P314UAT.png

BK6PDQX.jpg

Obviously some divide by zerro happened somewehere but I need the log to determe what it might be.

On 6/23/2019 at 10:02 AM, Babalas said:

Got a bug that I think is KSPI with 1.7.2. In my case I can replicate it by creating a ship with a command pod, 2 radial attached fuel tanks, and the LV-N or LANTR. The engine with flicker green / red while I hover over the attachment point. Log file spams this as soon as I drag the engines to the attachment points.

  Hide contents

[LOG 19:49:58.069] [KSPI]: ThermalNozzleController - Setup propellant chosenpropellant 0 / 33
[LOG 19:49:58.069] [KSPI]: ThermalNozzleController set propellant name: LqdHydrogen ratio: 1 resourceFlowMode: STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
[LOG 19:49:58.069] [KSPI]: ThermalNozzleController - Setup propellant LqdHydrogen
[LOG 19:49:58.069] [KSPI]: did not find techid extremeRadiators
[LOG 19:49:58.069] [KSPI]: did not find techid exoticRadiators
[LOG 19:49:58.069] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedRadiators
[LOG 19:49:58.069] [KSPI]: did not find techid advHeatManagement
[LOG 19:49:58.069] [KSPI]: found techid heatManagementSystems available
[LOG 19:49:58.071] [KSPI]: detach "NERVA" Solid Core Fission Engine
[LOG 19:49:58.086] [KSPI]: detach "NERVA" Solid Core Fission Engine
[LOG 19:49:58.086] [KSPI]: Found power source localy
[LOG 19:49:58.086] [KSPI]: detach "NERVA" Solid Core Fission Engine
[LOG 19:49:58.086] [KSPI]: detach "NERVA" Solid Core Fission Engine
[LOG 19:49:58.086] [KSPI]: detach "NERVA" Solid Core Fission Engine
[EXC 19:50:44.720] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PartResource].get_Item (Int32 index)
    DictionaryValueList`2[System.Int32,PartResource].At (Int32 index)
    PartResourceList.get_Item (Int32 index)
    Part.OnCopy (.Part original, Boolean asSymCounterpart)
    EditorLogic.createSymmetry (Int32 mode, .Attachment attach)
    EditorLogic.<SetupFSM>m__D ()
    KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM ()
    EditorLogic.Update ()
[LOG 19:50:44.720] [KSPI]: OnStart MSRGC nuclearEngine
[LOG 19:50:44.725] [KSPI]: found 2 valid fuel types
[LOG 19:50:44.725] [KSPI]: grouped them into 2 valid fuel modes
[LOG 19:50:44.725] [KSPI]: did not find techid highPowerElectricalSystems
[LOG 19:50:44.725] [KSPI]: did not find techid highTechElectricalSystems
[LOG 19:50:44.725] [KSPI]: did not find techid experimentalElectrics
[LOG 19:50:44.725] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedElectrics
[LOG 19:50:44.725] [KSPI]: did not find techid Thermal Electric Generator Mk2
[LOG 19:50:44.725] [KSPI]: Found power source localy
[LOG 19:50:44.726] [KSPI]: ThermalNozzleController - start ConnectToThermalSource
[LOG 19:50:44.726] [KSPI]: ThermalNozzleController - BreadthFirstSearchForThermalSource- Found thermal searchResult with distance 0
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: ThermalNozzleController - Indexed 33 fuelmodes
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid highPerformanceFuelSystems
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid highPerformanceFuelSystems
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid highPerformanceFuelSystems
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid highPerformanceFuelSystems
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: did not find techid specializedFuelStorage
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: found techid start available
[LOG 19:50:44.727] [KSPI]: ThermalNozzleController - Found 14 compatible fuelmodes
 

Also discovered: copy clicking the LV-N will add an engine icon on the stage list, but no extra engine is created. If I instead inline attach the fuel tank and the engine, then try to radial attach the fuel tank it works as 2 way radial, but 3 way radial appears as a single radial attachment (though slowly blinks green as if it's adding and removing the attachment).

 

What techtree are you using?

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Obviously some divide by zerro happened somewehere but I need the low to determe what it might be.

What techtree are you using?

Community Tech Tree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Obviously some divide by zerro happened somewehere but I need the low to determe what it might be.

What techtree are you using?

Yes, going back through the log there appears to be some divide by zero, infinities, NaN floating point numbers, and illegal values. My limited (but slowly growing) knowledge of code betrays me but I've provided a link to the log on Dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/meg9qrm638xktgm/KSP.log?dl=0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found a bug, something goes wrong when adjusting the size of an exhaust connected to a reactor.

(pay attention to the thrust)

1) Newly made, nothing wrong here

iqWZa38.jpg

 

2) After changing the scale and going back to the original:

V0z36a6.jpg

The thrust in the engine pop-up remained the same however actual thrust is a lot higher

 

3) Also, weird stuff happens when removing and reattaching the engine

BEFORE

8BH4aGP.jpg

AFTER

rpc5HGx.jpg

Doesn't look normal for a molten salt reactor and a tiny engine to have a thrust this high.

Changing the size of the reactor also creates inconsistencies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RiskyRe-entry said:

Yes, going back through the log there appears to be some divide by zero, infinities, NaN floating point numbers, and illegal values. My limited (but slowly growing) knowledge of code betrays me but I've provided a link to the log on Dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/meg9qrm638xktgm/KSP.log?dl=0

Mmm the log is inclonclusive. I suggest you try to reproduce the bug and then remove part until the problem no longer occurs. The reverse is also possible. Start small and add more parts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Mmm the log is inclonclusive. I suggest you try to reproduce the bug and then remove part until the problem no longer occurs. The reverse is also possible. Start small and add more parts

That's what I figured, I spent a lot of time reading the log but figured I was just missing something (good news is the programming courses I've been taking haven't failed me completely). I started again with a clean install and will do some testing. Hopefully it was just a random occurrence b/c I've played with Interstellar many times in past versions without any issues. If I can identify the cause, I shall let you know. 

Thanks for the quick responses and the help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Mmm the log is inclonclusive. I suggest you try to reproduce the bug and then remove part until the problem no longer occurs. The reverse is also possible. Start small and add more parts

After some testing (creating the same basic craft and changing the reactor), it seems to be the Pebble Bed reactor causing the problems. I tested almost every reactor (pictures below) using the same design and the Pebble Bed reactor was the only to cause the issue. I'm not sure why the Pebble Bed would cause this, but the issue occurs every time I try to load onto the runway. https://imgur.com/a/NPkAwjH

Spoiler

7z4AfHy.png

QGCaks1.png

ecl0gn9.png

TIJ3w4Z.png

jRkrbC6.png

31aZKnf.png

X5GuMSX.png

6OuNIMp.png

MzGlNV7.png

EZ0VzyJ.png

B82SS5H.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else seen this bug. I cant get rid of these shrouds on the interstellar liquid rockets. These shrouds don't look like they are models from the interstellar mod as they are fairly bigger than the diameter of the rocket. Also it appears that I have multiple instances of the shrouds as evidenced by z-fighting on the texture. Nothing I have searched online even mentions this issue.

https://imgur.com/a/u5bkOi3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure where to post this issue but I figured I'd start here. I seem to have an issue with my atmo engines overheating. My craft is using Squads Sabre and a modded SCRAM jet with both over heating at Mach 3+.

To fix the issue I've used radiators, heat exchanges and Pre-coolers with no change real change in how fast the engines overheat. The SCRAM jet doesn't even get turned on till Mach 4 and when it does they instantly overheat.

Image of the craft in question

I've used this setup before on previous versions of KSP with no real problems (assuming I use the Pre-coolers), so i'm kind of stumped on what to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@RiskyRe-entry I can confirm the problem. It appears the problem only occurs when a thermal power generator is connected to the pebblebed. Now we need to knoe know when it was introduced

Edit: Alright, I know know that it is caused by the stock ModuleGenerator on the Thermal Power Generator

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In line phased array appears not to be relaying in relay mode. Registers receipt from reactor, but no other objects register it. Spot size is well more than required to be seen by the other objects and a smaller similar design sat using the regular phased array with a smaller relay aperture was detected. Verified wavelengths are all set correctly at the same long IR setting. Made many geosats like this before, first time one was not seen at all by other vessels with relay active.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

In line phased array appears not to be relaying in relay mode. Registers receipt from reactor, but no other objects register it. Spot size is well more than required to be seen by the other objects and a smaller similar design sat using the regular phased array with a smaller relay aperture was detected. Verified wavelengths are all set correctly at the same long IR setting. Made many geosats like this before, first time one was not seen at all by other vessels with relay active.

FreeThinker previously mentioned "relaying is currently broken but you can retransmit beamed power while having line of sight" and that "relaying will be fixed next release." 

 

6 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

@RiskyRe-entry I can confirm the problem. It appears the problem only occurs when a thermal power generator is connected to the pebblebed. Now we need to knoe know when it was introduced

Edit: Alright, I know know that it is caused by the stock ModuleGenerator on the Thermal Power Generator

That's great you could identify the cause of the issue. Otherwise, I am having no problems running KSP with Interstellar. Thanks again for the help and reigniting my interest in KSP with this incredibly in-depth addition to the gameplay. Let me know if there is any more testing I can do, always happy to help! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

In line phased array appears not to be relaying in relay mode. Registers receipt from reactor, but no other objects register it. Spot size is well more than required to be seen by the other objects and a smaller similar design sat using the regular phased array with a smaller relay aperture was detected. Verified wavelengths are all set correctly at the same long IR setting. Made many geosats like this before, first time one was not seen at all by other vessels with relay active.

Relay should be fixed next release thanks to @TheRag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the Community Tech Tree or this mod, however I've noticed that in recent versions the Positron Antimatter Thermal Reactor does not appear in the tech tree, and even using the "all technology" cheat will not make it available, meaning that I could not launch any of my previous ships that were equipped with the reactor (and, being relatively small and easy-to-use, nearly all of my warpships used them).

Taking a look at the config file, I noticed that it had its tech requirements hidden. I managed to work around it by simply changing the tech requirements and deleting the "TechHidden = True" line.

Still, it was confusing for a bit.

 

Is this intentional? I've noticed that none of the wikis or guides that I can find for KSPI-E have any mention of positrons - the reactors, containment of them, how to collect/produce them. I'm not sure if this is because they're new and not fully implemented, or what.

Edited by Raptor22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@FreeThinker first off I want to say thank you for your continued and timely maintenance of this mod - I've been using it since even before you took it over and it's one of my must-haves and likely always will be :)

That said I'm seeing some odd heat behavior (still):

1. stock heat limits on radiators and KSPIE heat limits on radiators are not in sync - stock limits are much lower.  while parts don't explode until the KSPIE limits are hit, the fire effect in space is a little disconcerting and it always looks like my ships are burning to death after charging to orbit, even though they are not.
2. things don't cool down properly for some reason, unless in timewarp... ie the plane will be at the stock-heat-max (or higher) and will show a +0K delta on the critical temperature mod gauge... until you accelerate time past 10x and then it'll cool off.  very odd.
3. accidentally launched a spaceplane last night with 4x 1.25m positron reactors and 4x thermal ramjet nozzles.. and I forgot to put ANY radiators on.  Wasn't using a generator, to save weight, and the mk2 cargo bay acts as somewhat of a radiator but.. there was *no heat*.  adding radiators makes them heat up badly and show the fire effects described above, but without any radiators there didn't seem to be a heat problem at all, and that was just .. weird.

 

let me know what if any additional info would be helpful here.  I pretty much have based my entire space program around the positron+thermal ramjet/turbojet, and the plasma beam core antimatter + charged particle gen + plasma nozzle, and of course kerbsteins and alcubierre drives.. haven't used the lower level reactors in a while, so not sure if this problem extends to those.

 

ADDITIONAL: the ckan metadata appears to be wrong for 1.21.11.0 - it's showing as compatible with 1.3.1 not 1.7.2 ... and when I start KSP I get another message saying that this is in fact the version for 1.3.1 not 1.7.2.. never had this issue before.  not going to load any saves for now though :)

Edited by ss8913
fixed version number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

ADDITIONAL: the ckan metadata appears to be wrong for 1.21.11.0 - it's showing as compatible with 1.3.1 not 1.7.2 ... and when I start KSP I get another message saying that this is in fact the version for 1.3.1 not 1.7.2.. never had this issue before.  not going to load any saves for now though :)

Weid at spacedock I don't see any problem. Perfaps its an update isse. What about now?

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Weid at spacedock I don't see any problem

spacedock has 1.21.11.4, ckan is still showing .0 - maybe that's it, ckan just hasn't picked it up from spacedock yet.  I'll wait a bit and see if it resolves, else I'll manually install .4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

spacedock has 1.21.11.4, ckan is still showing .0 - maybe that's it, ckan just hasn't picked it up from spacedock yet.  I'll wait a bit and see if it resolves, else I'll manually install .4

If the problem persist, please also report the issue at

 

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

@FreeThinker versions and ckan aside, any ideas on the heat issues?

I don't yet fully understand the problem. Stock heat are KSPIE wasteheat are independent except for radiator visual display where it simply takes the max.

4 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the Community Tech Tree or this mod, however I've noticed that in recent versions the Positron Antimatter Thermal Reactor does not appear in the tech tree, and even using the "all technology" cheat will not make it available, meaning that I could not launch any of my previous ships that were equipped with the reactor (and, being relatively small and easy-to-use, nearly all of my warpships used them).

Taking a look at the config file, I noticed that it had its tech requirements hidden. I managed to work around it by simply changing the tech requirements and deleting the "TechHidden = True" line.

Still, it was confusing for a bit.

 

Is this intentional? I've noticed that none of the wikis or guides that I can find for KSPI-E have any mention of positrons - the reactors, containment of them, how to collect/produce them. I'm not sure if this is because they're new and not fully implemented, or what.

The Positron Antimatter is now a Thermal Antimatter Reactor which accept any source of antimatter (Positrons, Antimatter or AntiHydrogen) and can only connect to thermal nozzle, ramjet and turbojet. For Plasma and Charged Power propusion you need to use the Beam Core Antimatter reactor and connect it to either a plasma or magnetic nozzle.

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

I don't yet fully understand the problem. Stock heat are KSPIE wasteheat are independent except for radiator visual display where it simply takes the max.

The Positron Antimatter is now a Thermal Antimatter Reactor which accept any source of antimatter (Positrons, Antimatter or AntiHydrogen) and can only connect to thermal nozzle, ramjet and turbojet. For Plasma and Charged Power propusion you need to use the Beam Core Antimatter reactor and connect it to either a plasma or magnetic nozzle.

if you right click a radiator, it shows a part temp, core temp, then another part temp, another core temp, and then  *also* wasteheat.  that's the weird thing is they have two different max limits set and the lower limit drives the visual effect, the higher limit drives the actual effect.. i'll send a screenshot soon. 
As for the reactors yeah I know how they work, and they are working.. was just telling you which reactors I was using in case you wanted to try to replicate it.  The last issue with the "craft doesn't get  hot if you don't put any radiators on it" is still weird though.  put radiators on the same craft and they get super super hot.. where's the heat going on the version with no radiators?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.