[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

Wait, why remove signal rather than revert it to its former self? I fear this is straying too far from what shotgun wanted. Also props on the SSPRx support. Please return signal and could you tell me, if CME is not supported for remotetech, is it now supported with Commnett?

On my system the stock CommNet has not turned back on, I'm using Kerbalism v1.5 on KSP1.4.2? 

With Signals removed I would think the stock KSP CommNet should be reactivated. Or am I missing something.

Also Antenna EC is not simulated anymore :(

Edited by PiezPiedPy

47 minutes ago, PiezPiedPy said:

On my system the stock CommNet has not turned back on, I'm using Kerbalism v1.5 on KSP1.4.2? 

With Signals removed I would think the stock KSP CommNet should be reactivated. Or am I missing something.

Also Antenna EC is not simulated anymore :(

you can change save settings from ESC menu?

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

Wait, why remove signal rather than revert it to its former self? I fear this is straying too far from what shotgun wanted. Also props on the SSPRx support. Please return signal and could you tell me, if CME is not supported for remotetech, is it now supported with Commnett?

nope. the only way it was supported in RemoteTech was a new API method.

2 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Try heading to spacedock.info and locate it there.

Peace.

spacedock appears to be RIP

Will you bring it back, hopefully in a simple way, without all the complexities you initially added. You should make it be that there is actualy difference between high gain and low gain like originally, you can make it work, I liked your initial planning, please don't scrap it, I and many others would love to see the science points on the comm lines heading home.

We BELIEVE  in you

I don't understand that... do I have to turn CommNet on or off?

I always had it on and "Signal" disabled, now as "Signal" is officially gone of course it should be on - but then KSP behaves weird and throws NRE... like I can't zoom the SPC or inside Tracking Station with the mouse wheel...

When I turn CommNet off it's okay.

Could it be because I updated OPM and JX2 antenna?

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmfw16ar2ejt0dv/2018-04-012_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Edited by Gordon Dry

To enable stock CommNet again I had to edit my persistent.sfs file by changing `EnableCommNet` from False to True.

But now Kerbalism is spamming NRE's

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KERBALISM.Monitor.indicator_signal (KERBALISM.Panel p, .Vessel v, KERBALISM.vessel_info vi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KERBALISM.Monitor.render_vessel (KERBALISM.Panel p, .Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KERBALISM.Monitor.update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KERBALISM.Launcher.update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KERBALISM.UI.update (Boolean show_window) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KERBALISM.Kerbalism.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

7 hours ago, N70 said:

I can't reproduce the Commnet NREs on the latest Jenkins builds

Well, I use the latest rls from Spacedock, because why not?

But okay, I'll try that - with CommNet enabled.

btw the dev build included just more files, not only newer ones... still a little chaos in here to find the correct version.

Edited by Gordon Dry

@N70 @Snark With the latest Jenkins build that I downloaded after your reply, which was #62 (now there are #67 and #68), I still have issues ...

CommNet on = okay
VAB = okay

FlightMode = NRE - two different kinds of.

The one kind is the same as mentioned here:

So I guess the "remove the TRACKING entry at all" is not so well when other mods also patch here via Custombarnkit, like SETI.

But also I got these, which are perhaps triggered by JX2 / OPM somehow:

at KERBALISM.Monitor.indicator_signal (KERBALISM.Panel p, .Vessel v, KERBALISM.vessel_info vi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KERBALISM.Monitor.render_vessel (KERBALISM.Panel p, .Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

I will do two things now (the 505th KSP boot this month or so):

1. download Kerbalism Jenkins build #68
  2. disable GameData\JX2Antenna\Patches\jx2_OPM.cfg

Will be back "soon"™

Mod currently incompatible with Stockalike Station Parts Redux..

B9Partswitcher encounters an error while trying to find a "food" container which doesn't exist somehow.

"No tank type named "food" exists"

Have allready downloaded the latest version of B9partswitch but error keep returning

Below is a part of the .LOG file with the actuall error string. (If full errorlog is needed, let me know and ill upload)

Spoiler

[LOG 17:48:02.565] PartLoader: Part 'SSTL/Parts/300S1/300S1/sstl-300S1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 17:48:02.601] DragCubeSystem: Part 'sstl-300S1' has defined a procedural drag cube setup
[LOG 17:48:02.616] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SSTL/Parts/300S1/300S1_decoupler/sstl-300S1-decoupler'
[LOG 17:48:02.677] PartLoader: Part 'SSTL/Parts/300S1/300S1_decoupler/sstl-300S1-decoupler' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 17:48:02.699] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'sstl-300S1-decoupler'
[LOG 17:48:02.744] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Containers/sspx-cargo-container-25-1/sspx-cargo-container-25-1'
[WRN 17:48:02.775] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[ERR 17:48:02.776] Module ModuleB9PartSwitch threw during OnLoad: B9PartSwitch.HandledFatalException: Fatal exception while attempting to load fields for B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No tank type named 'Food' exists
  at B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.GetTankType (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.TankTypeValueParser.Parse (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataMappers.ValueScalarMapper.Load (System.Object& fieldValue, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataField.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataList.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at B9PartSwitch.FatalErrorHandler.HandleFatalError (B9PartSwitch.FatalException exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataList.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataObjectExtensions.LoadFields (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Parsers.NodeObjectWrapper.Load (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataMappers.NodeListMapper.Load (System.Object& fieldValue, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataField.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[LOG 17:48:02.815] PartLoader: Part 'StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Containers/sspx-cargo-container-25-1/sspx-cargo-container-25-1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 17:48:02.841] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'sspx-cargo-container-25-1'
[EXC 17:48:02.869] InvalidOperationException: Cannot get volume before parent has been linked!
    B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.get_TotalVolume ()
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.GetInfo ()
    PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
    PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

Hoping for some help!

Cheers

Just now, dxeh said:

Mod currently incompatible with Stockalike Station Parts Redux..

B9Partswitcher encounters an error while trying to find a "food" container which doesn't exist somehow.

"No tank type named "food" exists"

Have allready downloaded the latest version of B9partswitch but error keep returning

Below is a part of the .LOG file with the actuall error string. (If full errorlog is needed, let me know and ill upload)

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 17:48:02.565] PartLoader: Part 'SSTL/Parts/300S1/300S1/sstl-300S1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 17:48:02.601] DragCubeSystem: Part 'sstl-300S1' has defined a procedural drag cube setup
[LOG 17:48:02.616] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SSTL/Parts/300S1/300S1_decoupler/sstl-300S1-decoupler'
[LOG 17:48:02.677] PartLoader: Part 'SSTL/Parts/300S1/300S1_decoupler/sstl-300S1-decoupler' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 17:48:02.699] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'sstl-300S1-decoupler'
[LOG 17:48:02.744] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Containers/sspx-cargo-container-25-1/sspx-cargo-container-25-1'
[WRN 17:48:02.775] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[ERR 17:48:02.776] Module ModuleB9PartSwitch threw during OnLoad: B9PartSwitch.HandledFatalException: Fatal exception while attempting to load fields for B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No tank type named 'Food' exists
  at B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.GetTankType (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.TankTypeValueParser.Parse (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataMappers.ValueScalarMapper.Load (System.Object& fieldValue, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at B9PartSwitch.FatalErrorHandler.HandleFatalError (B9PartSwitch.FatalException exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataObjectExtensions.LoadFields (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Parsers.NodeObjectWrapper.Load (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataMappers.NodeListMapper.Load (System.Object& fieldValue, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[LOG 17:48:02.815] PartLoader: Part 'StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Containers/sspx-cargo-container-25-1/sspx-cargo-container-25-1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 17:48:02.841] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'sspx-cargo-container-25-1'
[EXC 17:48:02.869] InvalidOperationException: Cannot get volume before parent has been linked!
    B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.get_TotalVolume ()
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.GetInfo ()
    PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
    PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

Hoping for some help!

Cheers

Wait for 1.5.1

@N70

After disabling the patch
GameData\JX2Antenna\Patches\jx2_OPM.cfg.disabled

the JX2 related issue is gone, only the Kerbalism related is left for me:

(Filename:  Line: -1)

as soon as I'm on the launchpad.

@N70 Could it perhaps be that you somehow made RemoteTech a dependency and that Kerbalism will not work with just CommNet on and without RemoteTech?

It does not throw exceptions with CommNet off but CommNet off is - well - unlikely the way it should be... :P

3 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@N70 Could it perhaps be that you somehow made RemoteTech a dependency and that Kerbalism will not work with just CommNet on and without RemoteTech?

It does not throw exceptions with CommNet off but CommNet off is - well - unlikely the way it should be... :P

no, all remotetech stuff is done with reflection

@N70 Is there something that I could do to help get this great mode compatible for the planets that @StarCrusher96 and his team are making for Kerbal Star System?  Never tried modding anything, but willing to help if needed. It could also be that they are already doing something at KSS that I am not aware of too.