Add a "mark obsolete" option to ship designs

So when going through designing ships, it's possible that one design goes through several revisions, and is saved several times for each revision. Or, with career mode early designs that made great accomplishments are no longer competitive with more current designs and technology. The end result though, is that the load ships box starts getting full..

You may not want to just click delete on said designs, for reasons of nostalgia or practicality (you may find out changes screwed something up), which is where you have the in game option to mark a ship obsolete, in which case it doesn't show in the load ships screen as default, unless you click a tick box that has "show obsolete designs" as an option, in which case they all get listed.

End result, makes ship loading screen a little less cluttered, and allows for retaining older models for various reasons without messing around outside the game or deleting designs.

1 hour ago, KerikBalm said:

Eh, I can kind of support this, +1

I'm there too.  I can't argue against it, and I'd probably use it, but I'd rather see folders in the load menu first.  That way I could make an obsolete folder and drop those there.   Building multiple stations in a dozen launches each tends to clutter up the folder.   I could delete them, but sometimes I will use that design again on another vessel, so I keep them around. 

On 4/7/2018 at 8:53 PM, Richy teh space man said:

End result, makes ship loading screen a little less cluttered, and allows for retaining older models for various reasons without messing around outside the game or deleting designs.

I'm assuming you know about sub-assemblies here, as that's half of my "clutter:"
Even my boosters end up obsolete at some point. Knee-jerk reaction? Nah, because:

18 hours ago, Gargamel said:

I could delete them, but sometimes I will use that design again on another vessel, so I keep them around. 

3 hours ago, Cavscout74 said:

generally I cut & paste old designs out of the current career

True story. A boring story, but very, very true. It's all about redundancy... Weeeelll... most of the time:confused:
Write it down or something though, I wouldn't want an obsolete anything unless it's designed to be. Make monuments of them if you must, but keep pushing to create new and more powerful explo-- uh, ahem... Nostalgia. Yes. :cool:

I don't think this one worth Squad or mod-maker efforts when I can just as quickly make a mess of folders and name them SCRAPYARD WOES to achieve the same end (and time taken.) I'd rather see either one working on something bigger and better to destro-- I mean... Oh, you get the idea!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.