Gordon Dry

Please remove "email protected" from MM patch snippets

@Snark I just recognized that adding MM patches into code blocks makes it say "email protected" when it finds a @

Really?

I ping you because I need a coffee and actually don't know who to ask ...

see

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/117992-14x-smurff-simple-module-adjustments-for-real-ish-fuel-mass-fractions-180-02018-mar-21/&do=findComment&comment=3413346

Are you sure it's not your browser?  I'm not seeing anything about "email protected" in that post, except for what you added.

Moving to Kerbal Network, because this is about the forum software.

44 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

I just recognized that adding MM patches into code blocks makes it say "email protected" when it finds a @

Really?

Can you clarify exactly what you mean?  I have no idea what you're talking about-- I go to the post that you link, and I see that you inserted a comment,

40 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

sorry for the dumb email protected thingie, it's the board software

...but other than that, I see nothing at all amiss and I see your MM config pasted exactly as one would expect.

Based on your comments in this message, I'm guessing that you've run into some problem where some software somewhere is seeing @ signs and somehow getting overeager in trying to keep email addresses out of messages, or something?  That's just a guess, though, because I've never observed the behavior myself.  Nor have I heard anyone else complain of this problem.

It's always possible, of course, that there's been some sort of recent forum update that did something, and you just happen to be the first person bitten by it.  Additional details would help.

@Snark it seems only to happen after editing a post in this case:
RddoEHX.png

Just opening the site with the post does not have this issue...

37 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Snark it seems only to happen after editing a post in this case:
RddoEHX.png

Just opening the site with the post does not have this issue...

Try clicking the link. If it's similar to one I saw recently, it might take you to an explanation from your own ISP...

Ahh, it's not an ISP, but some third party service that may have been hired by SQUAD: "The website from which you got to this page is protected by Cloudflare."

11 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Ahh, it's not an ISP, but some third party service that may have been hired by SQUAD

Shouldn't the things inside a "code block" be exempted from running ?

Either CloudFlare is too cautious (well, it's the standard) or the WYSIWYG editor (and poster) isn't doing the isolation properly.