SpaceX-ish Dream Thread

Ultimate Steve

This probably doesn't belong here, but I don't know where else it would go and I want to share it.

So I had this weird dream last night. I don't remember how it started, all I know is that I was travelling through countries. One day, however, this gigantic spaceship that looks like BFR (but is way bigger on the inside and has slightly larger delta wings) appears (but without the booster, and it has VTOL and is launched at a 45 degree angle) and the public is invited onboard (for free!) for the first point to point test flights. So naturally, I go, I think I went from France to Peru. The aisles were in groups of 2-3-2 with lots of windows and a surprising amount of room per seat.

Also SpaceX invented artificial gravity and it's only disabled in the very front of the ship. And the crew compartment was surprisingly long. And the engines were RS-25's. And the landing was horizontal-ish in a cradle. And you're free to walk around once you're in space.

This system (more than one BFR) was available for free for one day, and there was only one failure, a forward cabin depressurization that did not result in any fatalities. And then the spaceships disappear. I went to the headquarters of some big business, navigated a complex array of elevators and floors (actually it was just 1 elevator but it was really weird) and got to the desk of this old bald guy. I asked him when this would be back online (with payment though) and he said "these things never work, I'd give it 8 years" and I was like "Bro, it did work, didn't you see it? I was in space 3 times!" and he was like "optimism is evil, get out of my office."

Also it's a bit weird when people you know IRL show up in your dreams despite you not thinking about them that much, I sat next to a loose friend I met recently on one of my point to point hops.

Yeah it's not SpaceX related that much, but the point is that I had a dream about BFR.

54 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

This probably doesn't belong here, but I don't know where else it would go and I want to share it.

So I had this weird dream last night. I don't remember how it started, all I know is that I was travelling through countries. One day, however, this gigantic spaceship that looks like BFR (but is way bigger on the inside and has slightly larger delta wings) appears (but without the booster, and it has VTOL and is launched at a 45 degree angle) and the public is invited onboard (for free!) for the first point to point test flights. So naturally, I go, I think I went from France to Peru. The aisles were in groups of 2-3-2 with lots of windows and a surprising amount of room per seat.

Also SpaceX invented artificial gravity and it's only disabled in the very front of the ship. And the crew compartment was surprisingly long. And the engines were RS-25's. And the landing was horizontal-ish in a cradle. And you're free to walk around once you're in space.

This system (more than one BFR) was available for free for one day, and there was only one failure, a forward cabin depressurization that did not result in any fatalities. And then the spaceships disappear. I went to the headquarters of some big business, navigated a complex array of elevators and floors (actually it was just 1 elevator but it was really weird) and got to the desk of this old bald guy. I asked him when this would be back online (with payment though) and he said "these things never work, I'd give it 8 years" and I was like "Bro, it did work, didn't you see it? I was in space 3 times!" and he was like "optimism is evil, get out of my office."

Also it's a bit weird when people you know IRL show up in your dreams despite you not thinking about them that much, I sat next to a loose friend I met recently on one of my point to point hops.

Yeah it's not SpaceX related that much, but the point is that I had a dream about BFR.

I hope most of your dream becomes a reality :wink:

I once dreamt i was in a joint Soviet-US space station, wich is not related to the topic of the thread at all.

2 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

In real life, i guess the abort mode would be to decouple the bfs and fire all 6 engines.

Certainly better than spinning it up and walking on the walls to parachute out the hatch.

Just now, cubinator said:

Certainly better than spinning it up and walking on the walls to parachute out the hatch.

So, like this but with parachutes?

https://g.redditmedia.com/ZQ42T7AwHqNR54pDWr1IwYjM4ZewD-bCc9rEJ_gPSbw.gif?fm=mp4&mp4-fragmented=false&s=d2893c316d39b870479b6a3f12cd1f3c

On 7/24/2018 at 2:43 AM, magnemoe said:

LOL, I would probably have woken up, remember i woke from an dream because it broke suspension of disbelief once. 
Yes I was probably almost awake but that was weird :) 

One dream of mine broke suspension of disbelief because there were four modules on the ISS that formed a loop. I thought, That's not how the ISS is layed out!

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.