My Ike base is getting krakened, what can I do?

I have a mobile drilling base on Ike. It has always been slightly wonky when I switch to it. But now, everytime I take control (via the tracking station or by switiching from another vessel) it explodes and the remains fly into the night sky. Is there anything I can do to recover control of it?

18 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

I'm not on my normal computer, so I don't have the link handy, nor do I remember the name of the mod, but there is a mod that will ease your landed bases and rovers into existence when loading them.    World Stabilizer I think? 

Its also some cheat commands like pause on unpack and ignore crash damage who can help. 

In my experience it tend to be landing legs / wheels who mess up.
Your station get heavier as it mines and this push legs down and weird stuff happens. 

Other issue might be thermal but that should show up on log and also tend to be an issue then loading because you land an craft nearby. 

So, I loaded it on my laptop (which has a much faster CPU) and managed to load the save without problem. The desktop is often challenged with the game's physics computation, and I landed the base originally when I was on my laptop.

Anyway, I stopped and retracted the drills but am still unable to open it on my desktop. It's weird, but I guess I'll just leave the base alone when I'm on the desktop.

P.S.: I have no mods installed.

Different terrain-quality settings (under 'Graphics' options) make the shape of the land different (especially around the Island Landing Strip). 
A craft that was on the surface with one setting could end up partially underground with another setting.  KSP seems to try to account for this by storing both the craft's altitude and height above terrain, and does better after some trouble in 1.3,  but does not do a perfect job.

Try using auto-struts by going to the settings and turning on advance tweakables. When you have done that, just right click on any part in any two editors or even in flight and you will find an option which says Autostrut:Disabled click on the blue button and choose any of these options: Heaviest part, root part, parent part and grandparent part. This option adds tiny invisible struts to your vessels and helps to reinforce the joints. Try KerbalJointReinforcement also like how Rafael acevedo said both of them should work

Edited by Nigel Cardozo

• 4 weeks later...

So, after the problem returned and affects my laptop now as well, I found that I can fix the problem by tweaking the savegame.

By editing the savegame.sfs, finding the Vesselname and changing the alt property from 9390.4182395086682 to 9392 I could load the base. It fell down a bit, but that isn't such an issue on Ike.

This is a temporary fix, as it problably surfaces again when I save/load the base the next time (no pun intended). I'd really like Squad to fix this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.