If there is music in the game, where are the music files?

Chel

Hi. I've been wondering about the music that plays in KSP. If there's music, there must be a folder for it or something, right? Does anyone know how to find that folder? I know that all the music can be found on youtube (mostly from Kevin Macleod), but I'm just trying to find like the music folder in the game files. 

- Cat

3 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

And where can I find the asset bundles?

They're called squadcore.ksp and squadcorefx.ksp and are under KSP/GameData/Squad. I think they're locked to the average user, because they contain stuff like the UI and most of the code that probably wouldn't be a good idea to mess around with.

Just now, RealKerbal3x said:

They're called squadcore.ksp and squadcorefx.ksp and are under KSP/GameData/Squad. I think they're locked to the average user, because they contain stuff like the UI and most of the code that probably wouldn't be a good idea to mess around with.

How do you know this... aren't you an average user too? :ph34r:

When I go into my Squad folder, all I see is

Agencies

Contracts

Experience

Flags

FX

Parts

Props

Resources

Sounds

Source

Spaces 

Strategies

I don't see those two .ksp files

10 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

When I go into my Squad folder, all I see is

Agencies

Contracts

Experience

Flags

FX

Parts

Props

Resources

Sounds

Source

Spaces 

Strategies

I don't see those two .ksp files

Might be because you're on a really old version of KSP (1.0.0 IIRC?)

3 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Might be because you're on a really old version of KSP (1.0.0 IIRC?)

Ye. Now we have a challenge.... finding the music files before they were moved somewhere else....

2 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Ye. Now we have a challenge.... finding the music files before they were moved somewhere else....

You could try looking in the Sounds folder...but in my 1.6.1 install that just has a load of sound effects never used in the game.

Just now, RealKerbal3x said:

You could try looking in the Sounds folder...but in my 1.6.1 install that just has a load of sound effects never used in the game.

I looked there. I too, found some sounds not in the game (probably from mods)

1 minute ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I looked there. I too, found some sounds not in the game (probably from mods)

I think they were actually made by Harvester (or one of the other early KSP devs) but for whatever reason they never made it in. I don't think a mod would put things into the Squad folder.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

1 minute ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I think they were actually made by Harvester (or one of the other early KSP devs) but for whatever reason they never made it in. I don't think a mod would put things into the Squad folder.

Well I found maybachHL230_run in the sounds folder in the Squad folder, and that's from a tank mod I used to use

Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Well I found maybachHL230_run in the sounds folder in the Squad folder, and that's from a tank mod I used to use

Weird. Well, maybe I should let someone with a bit more knowledge about KSP's innards post here now :P

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.