[1.7.*] Kerbal Occupation Colors version 1.0

Starwaster

Next update will have an option to enforce the dress code for your Kerbal roster.

QUESTION: There is already an option to automatically assign the Future suit to new hires. Should the dress code enforcement process magically apply to Kerbals in the field? (on assignment on Kerbal in orbit somewhere or visiting another world, etc etc) Or should it only apply to Kerbals who are located at the KSC? (i.e. status = Available)

22 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Next update will have an option to enforce the dress code for your Kerbal roster.

QUESTION: There is already an option to automatically assign the Future suit to new hires. Should the dress code enforcement process magically apply to Kerbals in the field? (on assignment on Kerbal in orbit somewhere or visiting another world, etc etc) Or should it only apply to Kerbals who are located at the KSC? (i.e. status = Available)

I would like the option (retrofit suits).

Hmmm seems that it might not be possible to change suits of Kerbals in the field.... certainly not when they are on EVA which is to be expected. (the suits are actually different Parts...)

But they don't even seem to change when they are inside of a pod.... I think that once recovered that they put on the new suit.

Have to think on this some more and dig deeper...

• 5 weeks later...

New and probably final update

Kerbal Occupation Colors v1.2.0

https://github.com/Starwaster/Kerbal-Occupation-Colors/releases/tag/v1.2.0

• Menu setting to assign Future Suit/colors to current employees. (single time execution. Can be repeated if necessary)
  • Attempt to enforce Future Suit dress code compliance on Kerbals in the field. May not work unless the game is saved and then reloaded after enabling.
  • Added version file for CKAN. (updates are expected to be few or non-existent so max version will be KSP 1.any)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hmm for some reason it's not working on my instance :/ 1.8.1, the mod comes up, the options at the new game is there, but when I eva jeb, the color is the default orange color and not those colors set in the configs. Any idea why this is happening?

Edited by Jiraiyah

8 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

hmm for some reason it's not working on my instance :/ 1.8.1, the mod comes up, the options at the new game is there, but when I eva jeb, the color is the default orange color and not those colors set in the configs. Any idea why this is happening?

Known Issues, first post.

8 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Known Issues, first post.

Oh sorry, didn't read the first post completely, hmm, is it possible to tweak a save game to change the color? if so? can't it be done by code for the mod? Also, it would be nice if you add the color settings to the settings page for the game creation menu i think

hmm,... looking into the save file under ROSTER,  each kerbal has lightR, lightG and lightB attributes for those 4 defaults, I would think it's possible to change it either at the save level or at the loading the game for first time by code and change the values there?

Edited by Jiraiyah

Just now, Jiraiyah said:

Oh sorry, didn't read the first post completely, hmm, is it possible to tweak a save game to change the color? if so? can't it be done by code for the mod? Also, it would be nice if you add the color settings to the settings page for the game creation menu i think

In the settings menu, there is an option to 'enforce dress code compliance...' Toggle that on. (note the description in the menu states it will turn itself off once it has done its work)

Also note that if you have Kerbals on assignment in the field that you must also have the option toggled to 'Apply Dress Code Enforcement to Kerbals on assignment' as well. 

Just now, Starwaster said:

In the settings menu, there is an option to 'enforce dress code compliance...' Toggle that on. (note the description in the menu states it will turn itself off once it has done its work)

Also note that if you have Kerbals on assignment in the field that you must also have the option toggled to 'Apply Dress Code Enforcement to Kerbals on assignment' as well. 

I meant to have option to change the color configs you have in MM patch for example for MKS but in the game setting menu itself

5 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

I meant to have option to change the color configs you have in MM patch for example for MKS but in the game setting menu itself

Oh I see. Sorry, but probably not going to happen. I don't intend to add further features at this point or develop it further other than maintenance for future KSP updates.

The mod is in the Public Domain however. That is its license. If anyone else wants to make an entirely new mod using the code from this one (or just make a new branch with additional features), they are free to do so. 

Edited by Starwaster

6 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Oh I see. Sorry, but probably not going to happen. I don't intend to add further features at this point or develop it further other than maintenance for future KSP updates.

The mod is in the Public Domain however. That is its license. If anyone else wants to make an entirely new mod using the code from this one (or just make a new branch with additional features), they are free to do so. 

no worries, the least I can do then, is using module manager patch on your mod i suppose

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.