What is something cool you've found in an thrift shop?

LandBoatBuick

i tend to stick to the dumpster behind the thrift shop. so far the best thing i salvaged was a mechanical keyboard, it had 3 missing keycaps so obviously they threw it away. i could order keycaps but because of the wanky nature of mechanical keyboard people they tend to be expensive, so i just printed some replacements. they since put a chain on the thing because hell forbid anyone get anything for free in america. 

Edited by Nuke

I once found one of those chocolate fountain things for $5 we got it as a gift for our families yearly "games" a family reunion where we play old amusement park type games and buy each other the most annoying gifts we can

one time the was a plastic rotten apple core that when recived would be put back in the gift pile the next year

I have a friend who delights in giving oddball presents.  Last year he got my wife a couple of polished coprolites (fossilised dinosaur poo) for her birthday.  In a thrift shop my wife found the ideal present for him, a set of bagpipes!

I got an FAA Approved Airplane Seat Belt Extender/Demonstrator for $6 bucks at Salvation Army once.

I adapted it and use on my Sim-Pit for a seat belt - it really helps prevent slouching and bad posture.

Lots of things on my Sim Pit came from Thrift Stores and other similar pot luck sources

See here:

tumblr_p0las6saok1smy77xo2_r1_1280.jpg

Things found in thrift stores include the power distributor, that plate where the SpaceNavigator is mounted, a bracket which props up the main monitor to keep it vertical and a bunch of other bits and pieces (mainly junk) which have been assembled in various creative ways

Edited by Moach

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.