Rocket keeps spinning ... ROLL

I have this stupid rocket here I know the heat shield wont work because weight is not enough on the correct side so ignore this. The problem is when I launch this rocket it rolls like I am pressing Q or E but everything I put was symmetrically placed so there is no weight on one side that might be causing it. I am very confused any idea ? 

6229FC1DB57EF7ACC63603A211D2020CE74A59D1

E83ABA9BF6DB3DA4B49D809F61A9EF683C9DDCFF

0576E4017B7046CBAF2928899B8996F7DA2B5C11

Edited by MadMate

@MadMate

Are the fins at the bottom angled at all? That usually causes a roll.

Do you have any trim set? (Press Alt-X and see if the problem goes away)

Also, could you possibly post an image of your rocket in the VAB? It's a bit hard to diagnose a problem with those dark images.

7 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@MadMate

Are the fins at the bottom angled at all? That usually causes a roll.

Do you have any trim set? (Press Alt-X and see if the problem goes away)

Also, could you possibly post an image of your rocket in the VAB? It's a bit hard to diagnose a problem with those dark images.

I put some new pictures. I don't know what you mean by ALT-x in the middle of the flight or what ? cause alt x does nothing on VAB

and yes everything I have put was symmetrically installed if that is what you mean by angle.

Edited by MadMate

Just now, MadMate said:

I put some new pictures. I don't know what you mean by ALT-x in the middle of the flight or what ? cause alt x does nothing on VAB

Alt-X on the pad before you launch, just in case you've accidentally set some trim that's causing the rocket to roll.

And thanks for adding those pics. It doesn't look like you've accidentally angled the fins, but also try removing them and see if that helps :)

Are you using auto struts on those boosters?

Also, tri-lateral (six as well) symmetry has issues because of mathematical rounding. Struts (of either variety) should take care of it though.

Also, you have way too many boosters. :)  While fun, it can exacerbate a problem like this.

I'll go out on a limb here and recall some wisdom from pre-beta KSP, since that's the last time I ran without KJR: Try cross-bracing your boosters to keep them from twisting on the decouplers, as in this random image I found on the internet:
o2gytqU.jpg

I don't know if autostruts have the same effect as well-placed regular struts since I never use them (and frankly hate the enforcement of them on wheels), but it would be an easy test to make.

If all else fails, just give the thing some roll authority and let SAS compensate, steerable fins are probably the simplest option here.

Autostrut. Everything, including between stages. I’ve been fighting such roll whenever I try to pitch or yaw over on liftoff since forever, and only recently discovered how well Grandparent autostrut on everything does at eliminating such troubles.

Using the longer tanks also helps with this, as it reduces the number of joints and thus the flexibility of the craft.

Struts, struts and more stuts. Then when you think youve enough, add some more. I used to get all sorts happening like you during the launch, spinning & rolling and inverting etc. Im a noob too. But stuts sorted out nearly ALL my launch issues. Sometimes my rockets have an element of the Forth Railway bridge about them now, but they fly straight and true. Even with Bob at the helm.

Given the name of the rocket and the parts used, I'm assuming that you are in an early career and have not yet researched General Construction and therefore do not yet have access to either struts or autostruts. If that is the case, try placing another three fins on the thumpers - one apiece and low down. After launching an almost identical (except for the three parachutes which I don't recognize) rocket this helped to stabilize the roll not long after starting the gravity turn.

4 hours ago, mystifeid said:

Given the name of the rocket and the parts used, I'm assuming that you are in an early career and have not yet researched General Construction and therefore do not yet have access to either struts or autostruts. If that is the case, try placing another three fins on the thumpers - one apiece and low down. After launching an almost identical (except for the three parachutes which I don't recognize) rocket this helped to stabilize the roll not long after starting the gravity turn.

Yeah I am very early I have very little parts and I was just messing around making a really fuel/power hungry rocket just to test stuff. I have no idea what struts are and I don't have them.

Thanks everyone for the answer btw.

I have a different question since I am here I wanted to ask. How can I align the pod in VAB so when I launch it on navball A makes it pitch to left D to right and W working as going up on navball. I hope you understand what I mean. I have no way of checking it most of the time since rocket doesn't move most of the time on launching pad. 

And btw I realized most rolls and spins caused by me not activating the t-30 or t-45 engine on launch, lol. I was trying to save fuel but apparently you need that engine to stabilize the rocket and have some control over it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.