Looking for a stockalike extra-solar system pack

EchoLima

After the announcement of KSP 2, I started getting interested in doing interstellar missions in KSP 1.

What extra-solar system pack/s fit in KSP well? (open-ended question, I'm not looking for anything in particular)

(Bonus: Are there any systems that work with JNSQ?)

Edited by EchoLima
Clarified title

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 10:18 PM, Xt007 said:

I’m prone to outer planets mod mainly because lots of mods (jnsq) have config support for it.  I’d suggest also looking into ksp interstellar extended.

OPM is not a extrasolar pack, it doesn't add another star. And since when does JNSQ have support for it? I skimmed through their github but can't find the patch...

My favorite extrasolar packs were Extrasolar by AndrewDraws and KSS by StarCrusher96, but both are no longer developed. Grannus Expansion Pack is another beutiful mod, still actively developed and excels at being compatilble to almost everything (well, except for JNSQ in terms of visuals), thats why I'm using it right now. So I can recommend that. Its also not that huge, so it won't eat your PC alive.

JNSQ will not add compabillity to any other planet pack, I asked them myself in their thread. (Compabillity is not that much of a deal if you are not using scatterer or EVE anyway, just make sure the pack you are installing keeps enough distance from the bigger JNSQ system)

Edited by Athur Dent

Galaxies Unbound is probably the best one, but it only adds one system. SLIPPIST-1 is another great pack, but it requires Interstellar Consortium in order to not replace the stock system. Other_Worlds is kind of good, but the planets suffer the problem of being super samey and boring. Do be aware that adding any sort of interstellar pack pushes KSP's engine/codebase to its limit, so expect a lot of FPS drops and general weirdness after installing.

On 9/5/2019 at 5:45 PM, EchoLima said:

After the announcement of KSP 2, I started getting interested in doing interstellar missions in KSP 1.

What extra-solar system pack/s fit in KSP well? (open-ended question, I'm not looking for anything in particular)

(Bonus: Are there any systems that work with JNSQ?)

(No. None work with JNSQ. Any that do need to be interstellar-only and preferably made in 2.7x scale like JNSQ is.)

I've been a fan of Extrsaolar for a long time. So go with that. I think it still works.

On 9/6/2019 at 4:18 PM, Xt007 said:

I’m prone to outer planets mod mainly because lots of mods (jnsq) have config support for it.

JNSQ contains its own outer planets and is larger than stock size so there is absolutely no compatibility with OPM. You surely must be referring to GPP which does have support and moves OPM to GPP's red star, Grannus.

20 hours ago, Athur Dent said:

JNSQ will not add compabillity to any other planet pack, I asked them myself in their thread.

JNSQ seeks to set a different standard for how the kerbal universe looks and works: something larger, expansive, semi-realistic and challenging like RSS but still within play-ability for modestly experienced players and for stock parts and where stockalike replica rockets feel right and mostly no longer OP or oversized. Any planet pack that wants JNSQ compatibility needs to see that and step up. We wait to see a decent 2.7x extra system finally appear, one that shares this underlying vision, and not just existing stock-scale ones bragging that they can safely load beside JNSQ.

On 9/19/2019 at 7:09 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

I've been a fan of Extrsaolar for a long time. So go with that. I think it still works.

The downloads are all dead. So it may still work theoretically, but nobody would gain something from it.

Edited by Athur Dent

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.