General Tips for New Players

Hey everyone! I'm not quite a new player (~1100 hours). I still struggle with some projects, including getting larger projects to space, managing stations, and completing missions - both personal and otherwise. Although the KSP wiki is a great tool, I find it's quite vague and difficult to use for new players. I would like some assistance making a (hopefully) all-encapsuleing guide for new players. I am hoping to make this a fairly large project with tips and tricks given by as many members as possible. I might make this a youtube video, I might make this a wiki page. I don't know quite yet. If you would like to help - anywhere from a few tips/tricks to a full blown guide - feel free to comment here or send me a DM for further contact. Again, this is to expand on the tutorials and bring new members a little closer to the rest of the community.

I really hope this goes better than my first attempt at a Mün landing.

One more thing: if you would like to submit art for the guide, feel free to send me a DM. Don't worry, I will credit you if I decide to put it in the guide.

6 hours ago, Skywalket said:

a new player (~1100 hours). I still struggle with some projects

Git gud, noob! (Yes, I'm joking and know I've taken that out of context).

But seriously - Have you thought of looking, or posting, in the 'tutorial' sub-forum?  There are whole books, days of video and other media there.  It can always stand to be rearranged and updated but a 'youtube video' or 'wiki page' is perhaps underestimating the task.  As an example, think of how you'll precis 31 pages of 'tips' from:

(There are more too, but that'll do for a start))

And moving to the Gameplay questions, where as Pecan mentioned, you can find lots of great Questions and Answers, and we have a whole subsection dedicated to tutorials.  Most of your questions can be answered just by browsing through there.  :D

You mention getting larger projects to space, I take to mean LKO and beyond. 

I'm my opinion, the single most useful thing for launching large things into orbit (after moar boosters) is autostrut. It's safe to set this to 'Grandparent' on everything you can, especially everything in your main stack and any other heavy items. (I recall there is a mod that has this as a feature.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.