Patched Conics Going Crazy around Jool

https://imgur.com/a/iCzL2r0

Like the title says patched conics going crazy around Jool. I set it to 2 or 6 and still crazy. Its making setting up maneuvers difficult. Its causing lag when calculating. Worst its crashing KSP every time I switch away from a probe with a maneuver node on intercept with Jool.

Verified files on Steam. Only have one mod, alarm clock, which I deleted with no improvement.

Suggestions?

I'm not 100% sure why it would cause crashing, but it seems fairly typical. I can't tell 100% from the video but is that flashing orbit line in Jool's SOI maybe the 2nd pass through the system? It kind of looks like you have a Jool encounter that exits Jool, goes around the Sun one more time, and then re-enters Jool's SOI years later. If that's the case, then basically you can ignore it.

As you have a Jool encounter, you can with confidence time warp out of Kerbin's SOI and then you should have a bit more stable orbit lines, and then you can use a maneuver node on your trip out (I like to do it a bit out past Duna's orbit) to fine tune your Jool encounter. No need to plan it before you've even left Kerbin's SOI.

26 minutes ago, Fierce Wolf said:

Try disabling "closer approach markers always visible" in the options

Okay, but thats EXTREMELY useful.

I'll report back when I get a chance.

10 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I'm not 100% sure why it would cause crashing, but it seems fairly typical. I can't tell 100% from the video but is that flashing orbit line in Jool's SOI maybe the 2nd pass through the system? It kind of looks like you have a Jool encounter that exits Jool, goes around the Sun one more time, and then re-enters Jool's SOI years later. If that's the case, then basically you can ignore it.

As you have a Jool encounter, you can with confidence time warp out of Kerbin's SOI and then you should have a bit more stable orbit lines, and then you can use a maneuver node on your trip out (I like to do it a bit out past Duna's orbit) to fine tune your Jool encounter. No need to plan it before you've even left Kerbin's SOI.

I'll also check about setting the manuver up when I leave Kerbin SOI.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.