A Simple Request: The ability to create folders inside the save tab

Like the title says, I would like to be able to make folders inside the save craft tab. 

This is mostly so I can save multiple versions of a craft to one place and to have it neat. 

So let's say I make a rocket called the Titan. Let's say I create six of them. Titan I, Titan II, Titan III, Titan IIIB, Titan IV, Titan V. I would like to place all Titans in a Titan folder so that I can click the folder and be able to see them easily sorted by themselves. 

And this also extends to the sub assembly tab as well.

Edited by GoldForest

18 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Like the title says, I would like to be able to make folders inside the save craft tab. 

This is mostly so I can save multiple versions of a craft to one place and to have it neat. 

So let's say I make a rocket called the Titan. Let's say I create six of them. Titan I, Titan II, Titan III, Titan IIIB, Titan IV, Titan V. I would like to place all Titans in a Titan folder so that I can click the folder and be able to see them easily sorted by themselves. 

And this also extends to the sub assembly tab as well.

FYI, the sub assembly tab sort of has this.  You can create custom sub-categories, give each an icon from the list, and add your assemblies to the sub-category you choose.  It's only one level deep, but I find it useful.

I recommend checking out the Craft Manager mod. It lets you organize all your stuff, both crafts and subassemblies, with tagging and filtering. It's an absolute lifesaver if you have lots of saved designs. The only issue with it that I've noticed is that it does not work together with KSP's subassembly categories @Skorj mentioned: if you tag an existing subassembly saved in a category, it's removed from the category.

Edited by Fraktal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.