[1.4.3 <= KSP <= 1.12.5] KSP Recall - 0.4.1.0- 2024-0407

Lisias

5 hours ago, Lisias said:

Yes, known bug. Created by a 3rd party.  :)

Work In Progress (RealLife™ and DayJob© stroke again). https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KSP-Recall/issues/73

The problem is that, somehow, the "original" part is not getting its data refreshed by KSP-Recall on the right time and ends up "stuck" with old data - the current work around for the issue is to take a new part from the Menu instead (as new parts don't have old values to linger).

OR...

Deactivate BetterEditorUndoRedo on KSPCF, that somehow is involved with the problem.

Oh. Yes I see I've tugged on a thread that's been tugged on before. A very long one after googling more (I'll spare the context) :o

I guess KSPCF is the config file `settings.cfg` or it is the KSP Community Fixes mod (which contains BetterEditorUndoRedo fix if TweakScale not installed)

Either way I have that mod on my list but I also have TweakScale so not sure it can fix it. I'll live with it I guess.

2 hours ago, kspkat said:

Either way I have that mod on my list but I also have TweakScale so not sure it can fix it. I'll live with it I guess.

Not forever. I think I have a way to make the whole process more resilient - but I want to work on it with time to spare to prevent regressions on the field. Everything that involves KSP-Recall is terribly critical, I can ruin a savegame if I don't be careful enough!

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

ANNOUNCE

KSP Recall 0.4.0.3 on the Wild, featuring:

• Closes issues:
    • #72 Fix the Sanity Check report
    • #68 Add an option to to not show the KSP-Recall entries on the PAW

KeepWalking.jpg

— — — — — 

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching manual installers and users of KSP-AVC first. Right Now.
  • CurseForge. Right Now.
  • SpaceDock. Right Now.
Edited by Lisias
The image didn't kicked in...

Posted (edited)

ANNOUNCE

KSP Recall 0.4.0.4

• Restores the presence of the PAW’s entries, setting them to be shown by default from now on. A patch can turn them off. 
  • Closes issues:
    • #74 Restore the KSP-Recall buttons on the PAW

In 0.4.0.3, I removed the KSP-Recall "debugging" PAW entries by default, as I was advised that these entries were cluttering the PAW and, well, I wasn't aware that they would be still needed in wild.

My bad.

This release bring them back to be shown by default, and a MM patch against KSP-Recall.cfg can be issued to turn them off.

KeepWalking.jpg

— — — — — 

• CurseForge. Right Now.
  • SpaceDock. Right Now.
Edited by Lisias
Adding an explanation. We use the Forum for a reason. :)

On 3/27/2024 at 11:01 PM, Lisias said:

I was advised that these entries were cluttering the PAW

Well, I wish they weren't there in the flight PAWs. I don't remember seeing them there before. They're only needed in the editor right?

8 minutes ago, Krazy1 said:

Well, I wish they weren't there in the flight PAWs. I don't remember seeing them there before. They're only needed in the editor right?

Nope. They are needed at Flight time too, because the PartModules are used at flight the same. Even the AttachedOnEditor - you will eventually Revert To Editor, and then this thing will be active. The ones that handle resources are specially relevant at the end of the flight.

However, you can write a MM patch to hide then, if you are sure you won't ever see the need to deactivate them punctually to debug problems at runtime (as it was happening with the fellow Kerbonaut I linked above).

Spoiler
@KSP-Recall
{
    %PawEntries = false
}

7 hours ago, Lisias said:

deactivate them punctually to debug problems at runtime (as it was happening with the fellow Kerbonaut I linked above).

Fellow Kerbonaut's statement is vague: There was a bug where the parts would stay in their old location if you attempted to move them.

Is this detaching/ attaching parts when building in the editor? or moving inventory parts in flight? or EVA construction?
They mentioned a button... I don't see any button, just text (in flight, didn't check editor). 

9 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Fellow Kerbonaut's statement is vague: There was a bug where the parts would stay in their old location if you attempted to move them.

Is this detaching/ attaching parts when building in the editor? or moving inventory parts in flight? or EVA construction?
They mentioned a button... I don't see any button, just text (in flight, didn't check editor). 

No that vague if you know the context.

Editor have a bug, and I worked around it using a PartModule on KSP-Recall. Then KSPCF implemented BetterEditorUndoRedo, that changed the order (or time) in which some internal events happens in Editor, and this screwed that PartModule that started to be feed with the values too early (before the values were effectively applied), and never realizes the part's position had changed.

The user managed to workaround the problem by deactivating the PartModule. Ideally, the user also should had reached me asking why this was happening, so I could investigate the problem. KSPCF deactivates BetterEditorUndoRedo when KSP-Recall's affected PartModule is active, so my best guess is that there's something else on his rig mangling with that order of events that ended up screwing KSP-Recall. But...

In a way or another, the feature is back, but is can be easily deactivated by a MM patch.

Unless we are talking different things, most Text in the PAW have a widget associated (most of the time, a button) at the left.

h4I1JPo.jpg

7 hours ago, Lisias said:

Unless we are talking different things,

Here's what I'm seeing in flight:

5Hwn9hv.png

10 hours ago, Lisias said:

easily deactivated by a MM patch

Should be easy once I find how to make a patch. I haven't done that before.

1 hour ago, Krazy1 said:

Should be easy once I find how to make a patch. I haven't done that before.

In a text editor create a new blank file and copy in the following:

@KSP-Recall:FINAL
{
	@PawEntries = false
}

Inside your <KSP>/GameData folder create a new folder (you could call it anything you want that doesn't clash with the name of any mod - I suggest Z_MyPatches). Save your text file into that folder with a .cfg file extension. The filename can be anything e.g. KSPRecallNoPAW.cfg

To learn more about ModuleManager patching, have a look at:

Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2024 at 2:45 AM, Krazy1 said:

Here's what I'm seeing in flight:

5Hwn9hv.png

Damn, something is screwing up with your KSP!!! [Edit: yes, and it was me]

This is what is being shown on mine:

On Editor:

LdaKhCu.png

On Flight:

QqEj8GM.png

Do you have KSPCF installed? [EDIT: Just installed KSPCF and nothing wrong happens. KSPCF may, at worst, be just the trigger or the enabler, the root cause is something else]

=== == = POST EDIT

I opened a ticked on KSP-Recall to investigate this issue!!!

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KSP-Recall/issues/75

@Krazy1, can you please share your CKAN Export and KSP.log where the problem happens?

--- -- - POST EDIT

Found the problem, my fault. Fixing it.

Edited by Lisias
POST EDIT

ANNOUNCE

KSP Recall 0.4.0.5

• I overreacted while restoring the PAW’s entries, and ended up allowing some entries to be shown when they shouldn’t. Fixing it.
  • Properly implemented what I intended to be the DebugMode at first place.
  • Closes issues:
    • #76 Implement the PAW’s DebugMode properly
    • #75 0.4.0.4 is screwing PAW

In 0.4.0.4, I restored the KSP-Recall "debugging" PAW entries, but did a shoddy work on it. Implementing the features (both of them) properly.

My bad².

KeepWalking.jpg

— — — — — 

• CurseForge. Right Now.
  • SpaceDock. Right Now.

Slightly off-the-topic, but I had a problem with KSP-Recall that took me a while to figure out (and that was entirely my own idiocy). Anyone want to yell at me, best tag me. I swear that's not a double entendre (or is it?:sticktongue:).

To begin with, @Lisias, please allow me a suggestion: clear up the folder structure in the "Extras" folder. As of the most recent version I grabbed off of SpaceDock today, it's a bit unclear where to chuck that stuff. Couldn't find it in the readme, either (but I'm half blind, so I might have overlooked it).

Unable to discern the proper folder structure from the "Extras" folder, I had just chucked _LOCAL into \GameData\
With the result that any ship outside any planet SOI would overheat and explode. Some parts at first, and upon loading a vessel for the second time, all parts would all overheat, would all explode, all at once.
I've collected a few logfiles (sorry, overlooked EDU logs I'm afraid), and video. Putting them all in a spoiler here since I don't think it will be all that relevant, I'm leaving this here just in case.

Spoiler

The video illustrates the problem that had manifested when I misplaced the _LOCAL folder, ca. 0.4.0.4

In the days since, which included the updated and repeated misplacement of _LOCAL, KSP.log bloated to 1.4 Jiggabytes. But that's mostly repeates, it zips to 21 MB and change. It was requested in the thread whence I had asked for help, so I'm leaving it here, also: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z9I_8Mo1Zp2SK6Z3sC98hYWA31r5tjEV/view?usp=drive_link
The Player.log that went with that appears to be 2.2GB, which I only just noticed on Google Drive. Will .zip if requested, I'm sure it will shrink: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XuEjyn-g5HXVnHTLLKJGIrl1sA4t8GMx/view?usp=drive_link

Today, I went through all the versions of Recall since 0.4.0.1 to see where the explosions began.
Boot game, load save, visit ships, observe (no) explosions, quit game in the proper manner, copy the logs on the side.
I saved the relevant player.log, player-previous.log, ksp.log, and the contents of \Kerbal Space Program\Logs\, that being the KSP-AVC.log, ZeroMiniAVC.log,  the ModuleManager logs, and the SpaceTux logs. Again, forgot ExceptionDetectorUpdate logs, sorry.

Obviously, no one asked for these, but I had already collected them for the thread whence I had begged for help. So anyone keen on looking into my mess, here they are.
Yes, I obviously am using way too many mods. Yes, DeepFreeze is bugging silly on me. Frankly, it's a miracle all of those mods play together at all.

Logs for no explosions with Recall 0.4.0.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RbSQ8AWKbcuNviKYogvEaAmq6wzOvPJq/view?usp=drive_link
Logs for no explosions with Recall 0.4.0.4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AzvmeYlk4HESBZekDrtHwFs4UcteP-MD/view?usp=drive_link
Logs for no explosions with Recall 0.4.0.5 and NO _LOCAL Folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kgxx0HLZq3TdJBFQi5_SUITqAVjV4-HH/view?usp=drive_link
Logs for explosions with Recall 0.4.0.5 and the _LOCAL folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rykQA2XF434e9QcUIYXNRfI93So_umE-/view?usp=drive_link

While I haven't had other troubles with Recall, it's mostly there because I'm an inveterate TweakScale abuser, and having been a little unhappy with that, I'm giving TS Rescaled a whirl right now.
If further testing of my particular issues with my misuse of Recall are desired, let me know, maybe I can fit it in.

2 minutes ago, DerGolgo said:

To begin with, @Lisias, please allow me a suggestion: clear up the folder structure in the "Extras" folder. As of the most recent version I grabbed off of SpaceDock today, it's a bit unclear where to chuck that stuff. Couldn't find it in the readme, either (but I'm half blind, so I might have overlooked it).

The install instructions are available on the very same zip file, as well in the repository:

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KSP-Recall/blob/master/INSTALL.md

The Extras folder contains examples and since they are not rarely specific for a certain KSP Recall version, publishing them separately is the same as not publishing them at all.

Each one of that files have a header with instructions about how to proceed, but virtually all the time I end up recommending installing them when giving support.

For example:

// This patch activates the fix that correctly initialise the Attachment Nodes
// of every Procedural Part on the rig, disregarding the current criteria
// implemented on ModuleManagerSupport.cs file.
//
// Of course, it can be adapted to force the deactivation of the feature, by
// shoving `false` on the value.
//
// If needed, copy this file to GameData/__LOCAL/KSP-Recall subdirectory.
//

On a side note, manual installing usually involve reading the instructions about how to install things. Perhaps you would prefer to use a automatic installer?

Cheers!

58 minutes ago, Lisias said:

On a side note, manual installing usually involve reading the instructions about how to install things. Perhaps you would prefer to use a automatic installer?

Thank you. I do generally read the instructions.
However, I am visually handicapped. Sometimes, I miss stuff.

41 minutes ago, DerGolgo said:

Thank you. I do generally read the instructions.
However, I am visually handicapped. Sometimes, I miss stuff.

Sorry to hear about it.

Please consider an automatic installing tool. It will really help you.

Posted (edited)

ANNOUNCE

KSP Recall 0.4.1.0

• Reworks AttachedOnEditor to be resilient a changes made by Monkey Patching inside Editor that changes the order in which some internal Editor events happen.
    • Closes issues:
      • #73 Understand why BetterEditorUndoRedo ended up screwing AttachedOnEditor indirectly

Some Monkey Patching from 3rd parties ended up changing the order in which some internal Editor events happens, and AtachedOnEditor was relying on that specific order to correctly work. This release makes the Message Exchange between clients (as TweakScale, besides I doubling someone else uses it) resilient to that changes at the cost of being somewhat less efficient, as all the data need to be send on the Message now (serialized). Since this thing runs on Editor, performance is not at premium as in Flight, so it's an acceptable trade off.

— — — — — 

• CurseForge. Right Now.
  • SpaceDock. Right Now.
Edited by Lisias
All your Distribution Channels are belong to us.