[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

573 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

12 hours ago, mmamh2008 said:

My gamedata folder : https://imgur.com/a/Nt25LTm

ooh one other thing I didn't see on reddit - you shouldn't have a BoulderCo folder at all. BoulderCo are the "default" Eve/scatterer configs to use for stock when there are no specific configs for your system. But KSRSS comes with its own configs. That's not gonna fix everything but it's a good step.

edit:

after looking closely at your mod list, and finally getting my jaw off the floor, i'm guessing that your startup times are like 15-20 mins? :)  You're gonna hate restarting a bunch. Here's what I would do for the KSRSS issue with missing planets: I'd make a new copy of KSP and only put Kopernicus, its dependency and KSRSS. It'll start up super fast and you can make sure that your copy of KSRSS isn't somehow borked. Otherwise the only other explanation for missing planets I can think of is not zooming out far enough in the tracking station, since you did mention the farthest 3 :P

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

13 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

ooh one other thing I didn't see on reddit - you shouldn't have a BoulderCo folder at all. BoulderCo are the "default" Eve/scatterer configs to use for stock when there are no specific configs for your system. But KSRSS comes with its own configs. That's not gonna fix everything but it's a good step.

edit:

after looking closely at your mod list, and finally getting my jaw off the floor, i'm guessing that your startup times are like 15-20 mins? :)  You're gonna hate restarting a bunch. Here's what I would do for the KSRSS issue with missing planets: I'd make a new copy of KSP and only put Kopernicus, its dependency and KSRSS. It'll start up super fast and you can make sure that your copy of KSRSS isn't somehow borked. Otherwise the only other explanation for missing planets I can think of is not zooming out far enough in the tracking station, since you did mention the farthest 3 :P

I'll try what you said , KSP takes 30-40 mins to start , No , ceres isn't even there , I zoom far enough to see any planet there .

edit : I found 800 files missing somehow , i'll try to open it again.

Edited by mmamh2008

2 minutes ago, Jackloker173 said:

Yeah... It don't work

Sorry , I don't know.....

15 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

That's not gonna fix everything but it's a good step.

So I got good new pictures , but still no hope , Here they are : https://imgur.com/a/912dmez

I'll try this :

I'd make a new copy of KSP and only put Kopernicus, its dependency and KSRSS.

19 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

edit:

So , I have both good news and bad news , The good is that the planets are back , but the bad is that the earth is still dark , so the problem isn't in scatterer , Here is the image : https://imgur.com/a/PVQVmMy

Edited by mmamh2008

6 minutes ago, mmamh2008 said:

So , I have both good news and bad news , The good is that the planets are back , but the bad is that the earth is still dark , so the problem isn't in scatterer , Here is the image : https://imgur.com/a/PVQVmMy

ooh some changes! Do you have the log file from the install that created that screenshot? 

31 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Do you have the log file from the install that created that screenshot

I want to tell you ..... that ...... This is the same Install , So mods are making the planet deleting problem.

1 hour ago, mmamh2008 said:

I want to tell you ..... that ...... This is the same Install , So mods are making the planet deleting problem.

yeah totally agree.  now that you know that ksrss can load everything correctly, the list of mods that could be conflicting has to be really small, even though you have a billion mods. Interfering with the solar system isn't something a parts mod or most QoL mods are gonna do, so it's gotta be something somewhat solar system-related.

a couple other things i noticed ... do you need to be on 1.12.0? I don't think anything you're experiencing here is directly tied to that, just wondering. Also your MM version is old, and that one you should probably update to 4.2.1. I can't see anything related to that weird shadowing. But, I also don't know how to tell the Kopernicus build from log files. There's a .version file in the Kopernicus/Plugins folder. If you're not on the latest build there, that's a pretty easy one to update.

43 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

yeah totally agree.  now that you know that ksrss can load everything correctly, the list of mods that could be conflicting has to be really small, even though you have a billion mods. Interfering with the solar system isn't something a parts mod or most QoL mods are gonna do, so it's gotta be something somewhat solar system-related.

a couple other things i noticed ... do you need to be on 1.12.0? I don't think anything you're experiencing here is directly tied to that, just wondering. Also your MM version is old, and that one you should probably update to 4.2.1. I can't see anything related to that weird shadowing. But, I also don't know how to tell the Kopernicus build from log files. There's a .version file in the Kopernicus/Plugins folder. If you're not on the latest build there, that's a pretty easy one to update.

I use 1.12.0 because it covers most mods , I'll update the MM patch , Kopernicus is on the latest version , but i'll also check

And , I'm on the latest version ...

Edited by mmamh2008

1 hour ago, mmamh2008 said:

I use 1.12.0 because it covers most mods , I'll update the MM patch , Kopernicus is on the latest version , but i'll also check

And , I'm on the latest version ...

so that bankrupts my idea vault. a quick trip through this thread will show i've had difficulties of my own. still 100% worth it for me, but i don't have this issue. I guess in your position, I would see if adding eve+scatterer actually fixes anything. Another thing I would try separately or maybe first idk - would be to install SigmaDimensions so that the 2.5 configs kick in, and see if something about the scaling changes how it works. idk if you're interesting in that scale. aside from these pretty lame ideas I'm stumped.

so that bankrupts my idea vault. a quick trip through this thread will show i've had difficulties of my own. still 100% worth it for me, but i don't have this issue. I guess in your position, I would see if adding eve+scatterer actually fixes anything. Another thing I would try separately or maybe first idk - would be to install SigmaDimensions so that the 2.5 configs kick in, and see if something about the scaling changes how it works. idk if you're interesting in that scale. aside from these pretty lame ideas I'm stumped.

I'll try sigma + eve and scatterer , The shadow problem only happens on earth , When I try any other celestial body it doesn't happen , It looks normal.

8 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

Is there any way to get 24-hour days and 365-day years?

kronometer maybe ?

In the settings you can find kerbin day , switch it off , and it works

Edit : so I have news , the earth is now half dark ( imgur refuses to upload the image ) , So I made the space center disappear inside the dark to see what will happen , It works as normal and the sun is there , What should I do now ? LOL

Some tests later :

Nothing new , the earth has the main problem , which I can investigate If I found the cache file , images : https://imgur.com/a/TmrNON0

( sorry for typo )

Breaking news : KSRSS cache folder isn't there and the police is searching for the thief that took it.

Edited by mmamh2008

4 hours ago, mmamh2008 said:

kronometer maybe ?

I have Kronometer installed, it has the weird 7.5 hour days and the 600 day years. If I uninstall Kronometer and turn off Kerbin days in the settings, would that make the days/years accurate, and would it make the orbits/rotation periods of hte other planets accurate too?

1 minute ago, TaintedLion said:

I have Kronometer installed, it has the weird 7.5 hour days and the 600 day years. If I uninstall Kronometer and turn off Kerbin days in the settings, would that make the days/years accurate, and would it make the orbits/rotation periods of hte other planets accurate too?

maybe , try it