Jump to content

[1.8.1-1.11]R-T-B's Kopernicus Unified "Bleeding Edge" Branch


Recommended Posts

Kopernicus (Bleeding Edge) is displaying a message in the main menu: Kopernicus wasn't able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. I'm trying to use RSS with 2k textures in version 1.10.1 . Here's the KSP.log. https://mega.nz/file/hK5DXC6J#_a3MbLaEhAvV0B6jKnxS7FpCypfwdNEVkh14tb-icsg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kopernicus (Bleeding Edge) is displaying a message in the main menu: Kopernicus wasn't able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. I'm trying to use RSS with 2k textures in version 1.10.1 . Here's the KSP.log. https://mega.nz/file/hK5DXC6J#_a3MbLaEhAvV0B6jKnxS7FpCypfwdNEVkh14tb-icsg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2020 at 11:34 PM, Juba said:

Hey @R-T-B

I am using the 1101 version and I am getting this message from B9 Part switch.

DyxYIUB.png

At first I thought it from Near Future Solar or KSPIE but after reading here and there it seems Kopernicus causing it.

KSP Log file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YAuABIWLElWrNncxwpVTSIbQr6DttUlW/view?usp=sharing

@Juba, Could you try testing your game with Near Future and Kopernicus, but exclude Interstellar and see if you still get the errors? I suspect that it is a combination of the three that is producing the error. Should be a "relatively" easy fix if that is the issue.

Edited by hemeac
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hemeac said:

@Juba, Could you try testing your game with Near Future and Kopernicus, but exclude Interstellar and see if you still get the errors? I suspect that it is a combination of the three that is producing the error. Should be a "relatively" easy fix if that is the issue.

Well I did and the message went away.. huh!

Here is the new log file if you need it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I4pyyWrtK7HBE8txqD4KLWQQRUBdWGKd/view?usp=sharing

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Juba said:

Well I did and the message went away.. huh!

Here is the new log file if you need it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I4pyyWrtK7HBE8txqD4KLWQQRUBdWGKd/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for reporting, this appears to be an issue with a patch in Kopernicus, it is occurring as it appears that Interstellar is adding is open solar panel code to parts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hemeac said:

Thanks for reporting, this appears to be an issue with a patch in Kopernicus, it is occurring as it appears that Interstellar is adding is open solar panel code to parts.

Yep, I've had the same error, and it didn't always do this.  It started a couple updates ago I guess but I had just noticed it last week lol.  I wonder if it's something that happened after the last patch for interstellar extended?  Anyway, is there a quick dirty cfg that might force one or the other solar panel codes to sit in the back and play nice when they detect each other?  I'm not worried one way or other honestly, as you guys will get it done when you can.  Just curious if that might make life easier for you. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

@StoneWolfPC, it was different a few versions ago and was changed to solve another problem with  JNSQ and BDB.  Looks like that introduced an issue with KSPIE.  As an untested hot-patch, you could try changing line 42 of Kopernicus/Config/SolarPanels.cfg to @name = KopernicusSolarPanels.  That may not be the final solution as will need to test through combinations of mods in which this patch has created issues in the past

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for looking into this @hemeac, feel free to make a pull request or ping me if you figure it out.  I'm neck deep in the new comet system I'm writing for us, which should come out this weekend, hence my recent silence (busy busy busy lol).

Also, the "quick and dirty" fix to go with single solar panel code if you are in a single star system (and thus avoid the pitfalls of mod compatability with our multistar code), is to delete Kopernicus/Config/SolarPanels.cfg.  There are other ways to attain the same effect, but that is the easiest one to explain.

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hemeac said:

As an untested hot-patch, you could try changing line 42 of Kopernicus/Config/SolarPanels.cfg to @name = KopernicusSolarPanels.  That may not be the final solution as will need to test through combinations of mods in which this patch has created issues in the past

Made the change, No more B9 Warning message, Everything seems fine for now.

I cheated to get to another star system, Solar panels recognized the new star and it seems everything working fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hemeac said:

@StoneWolfPC, it was different a few versions ago and was changed to solve another problem with  JNSQ and BDB.  Looks like that introduced an issue with KSPIE.  As an untested hot-patch, you could try changing line 42 of Kopernicus/Config/SolarPanels.cfg to @name = KopernicusSolarPanels.  That may not be the final solution as will need to test through combinations of mods in which this patch has created issues in the past

Thanks, I'll try that!  Besides seeing a message warning me, I haven't noticed any odd behavior.  I'm no modder or coder so beyond something simple that's explained like you did I would be absolutely lost lol. 

7 hours ago, R-T-B said:

Thanks for looking into this @hemeac, feel free to make a pull request or ping me if you figure it out.  I'm neck deep in the new comet system I'm writing for us, which should come out this weekend, hence my recent silence (busy busy busy lol).

Also, the "quick and dirty" fix to go with single solar panel code if you are in a single star system (and thus avoid the pitfalls of mod compatability with our multistar code), is to delete Kopernicus/Config/SolarPanels.cfg.  There are other ways to attain the same effect, but that is the easiest one to explain.

WOOHOO!  Take your time!  I'm certainly excited for that though!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a test this evening and that seems to do the trick and have sent the patch to @R-T-B to review.  It came down to the fact that the Kopernicus patch looks to ensure that B9 switch in the Near Future Solar parts can find the kopernicus solar module, but was defined too broadly so would flag any module that has SolarPanel in it's name.  It turns out that KSPIE adds a module to all solar panels called FNSolarPanelWasteHeatModule.  B9 didn't know which module to patch so it threw an exception and you got the popups.  I am not sure what would happen in that situation as I didn't test, but I am guessing you would always get the default advanced charge rate and the basic and concentrated variants would still default to the same values.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hemeac said:

I did a test this evening and that seems to do the trick and have sent the patch to @R-T-B to review.  It came down to the fact that the Kopernicus patch looks to ensure that B9 switch in the Near Future Solar parts can find the kopernicus solar module, but was defined too broadly so would flag any module that has SolarPanel in it's name.  It turns out that KSPIE adds a module to all solar panels called FNSolarPanelWasteHeatModule.  B9 didn't know which module to patch so it threw an exception and you got the popups.  I am not sure what would happen in that situation as I didn't test, but I am guessing you would always get the default advanced charge rate and the basic and concentrated variants would still default to the same values.

I didn't notice if it still left a wasteheat management on the solar panels with the cfg edit but it did work.  I'll check more in a little bit!  Thanks guys for the fix.  I only wish I had you alls knowledge!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2020 at 6:15 AM, hemeac said:

I did a test this evening and that seems to do the trick and have sent the patch to @R-T-B to review.  It came down to the fact that the Kopernicus patch looks to ensure that B9 switch in the Near Future Solar parts can find the kopernicus solar module, but was defined too broadly so would flag any module that has SolarPanel in it's name.  It turns out that KSPIE adds a module to all solar panels called FNSolarPanelWasteHeatModule.  B9 didn't know which module to patch so it threw an exception and you got the popups.  I am not sure what would happen in that situation as I didn't test, but I am guessing you would always get the default advanced charge rate and the basic and concentrated variants would still default to the same values.

To be clear, the solar panel config files are basically your baby right now, lol.  I can't claim credit for much of what's left.  Very strong thanks for your efforts.  They are giving me much needed time to focus on other things in the actual dll.

On that note, new release:

@R-T-B R-T-B released this 19 minutes ago

This is R-T-B's "Bleeding Edge" branch of Kopernicus, intended to support the latest features, KSP editions, and also the latest bugs. Please keep in mind this branch may be more buggy than Prestja's mainline Kopernicus branch, but it also supports more KSP versions and has more features implemented for testing reasons. Many features that make it into mainline Kopernicus are born, tested, and trialed by fire here.

This is release 44. It contains the following changes:

1.) Solarpanel.cfg fixes to support more third party solar panels with less work.  It should fix a lot of B9Partswitch errors.

2.) Fixes for the colliders on land scatters (due to a small bug in the distance-culling system). These fixes may slightly impact performance, but it should not be significant. If you have performance issues, you can always lower the culling distance in Kopernicus_Config.cfg.

Known Bugs:

1.) Solar flux (heat) is not applied to the vessel if you are orbiting a non-center/root star. EC generation still works on solar panels, though. This is a (very) old bug we are just now being made aware of and is mostly applicable to complex systems with multiple stars. We hope to fix it by next release.  I won't judge you if you attempt to land on stars with this but you probably shouldn't.

Please download the right output zip for your version. "191" zips are for 1.9.1, "1101" for 1.10.1, etc.

Thanks and as always, report bugs!

-RTB

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

To be clear, the solar panel config files are basically your baby right now, lol.  I can't claim credit for much of what's left.  Very strong thanks for your efforts.  They are giving me much needed time to focus on other things in the actual dll.

Having introduced the bug, I felt obliged to try and actually fix the issue.  Hopefully this will be the final pass,

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, hemeac said:

Having introduced the bug, I felt obliged to try and actually fix the issue.  Hopefully this will be the final pass,

The initial config I made worked in far less scenarios than what you've provided, so no worries.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A wild hotfix just appeared, for some logspam issues:

@R-T-B R-T-B released this 4 minutes ago

This is R-T-B's "Bleeding Edge" branch of Kopernicus, intended to support the latest features, KSP editions, and also the latest bugs. Please keep in mind this branch may be more buggy than Prestja's mainline Kopernicus branch, but it also supports more KSP versions and has more features implemented for testing reasons. Many features that make it into mainline Kopernicus are born, tested, and trialed by fire here.

This is release 45. It contains the following changes:

1.) Bugfix for some logspam relating to meshes, updating is advisable.

Known Bugs:

1.) Solar flux (heat) is not applied to the vessel if you are orbiting a non-center/root star. EC generation still works on solar panels, though. This is an old bug we are just now being made aware of and is mostly applicable to complex systems with multiple stars. We hope to fix it by next release.

Please download the right output zip for your version. "191" zips are for 1.9.1, "1101" for 1.10.1, etc.

Thanks and as always, report bugs!

-RTB

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites

An update on the comet system that is holding up 1.10.1 stable release, and on the new bug that's surfaced (bolded above) that is now taking priority and slowing down it's implementation:

The comet system is 50% done, approximately.  It's going to be a very high quality product upon release and will mark the first time 1.10.1 can be up for consideration to be promoted to a "stable" build on CKAN.  Unfortunately, that is now on hold as I have been made aware of a bug with our multistar implementation, particularly with vessel heating.  ECs work fine, but vessels do not heat up on non-root stars.  They don't even burn on extremely close orbits, being perfectly happy to be 50m from the literal surface of the sun.  This is obviously, not ideal.

We looked into a quick fix for this, only to find the problem is quite deep rooted in how multistar works, and basically requiring a rewrite of the system.  Basically, it's a complex problem to tackle, and it's taking all of our resources away from the comet system at the moment.  I expect to have it done by next weekend though, and then we will be back full steam ahead for the proper comet implmentation.

If you asked me now when "1.10.1 stable" would be here, I'd estimate 2-3 weeks (no commitments of course).  Sorry for the delays, but a big bug like that can't be ignored.  It is being worked on.  The multistar heat bug will probably be fixed within 1 week (with a likely 1 week testing period following)  for comparison.  It is complex indeed (nearly as complex as the comet system), but NOT insurmountable.

Thank you again for your patience.  Rest assured, work continues, but there may be a lull in releases for a bit while we work on this.  If you try to land on a star in the meantime, that's on you, not us (just for the record).

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kopernicus (Bleeding Edge) is displaying a message in the main menu: Kopernicus wasn't able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. I'm trying to use RSS with 2k textures in version 1.10.1 . Here's the KSP.log. https://mega.nz/file/hK5DXC6J#_a3MbLaEhAvV0B6jKnxS7FpCypfwdNEVkh14tb-icsg

Link to post
Share on other sites

So i made a config for a new planet but i cant load the planet

The config

Spoiler

@Kopernicus : AFTER [Kopernicus]
{
    Body
    {
        name = Jegle
        cacheFile = FFX planet pack/Cache/Jegle.bin
        Template
        {
            name = Ike
            removeAllPQSMods = true
        }
        Properties
        {
            descriptin = The first planet to be discover with the telescope.
            radius = 560000
            geeASL = 0.9
            isHomeWorld = false
            tidiallyLocked = false
            rotationPeriod = 18000
            timewarpAltitudeLimits = 0 5000 5000 10000 15000 30000 60000
            ScienceValues
            {
                landedDataVaulue = 7
                splashedDataVaule = 1
                flyingLowDataVaule = 1
                flyingHighDataVaule = 1
                inSpaceLowDataVaule = 6
                inSpaceHighDataVaule = 5
                recoveryValue = 5
                flyingAltitudeThershold = 30000
                spaceAltitudeThershold = 420000
            }
        }
        Orbit
        {
            referenceBody = Sun
            semiMajorAxis = 42000000000
            inclination = 4
            eccentricity = 0.05
            longitudeOfAscendingNode = 435
            argumentOfPeriapsis = 12
            meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 21
            epoch = 56
            color = 0.2,0.6,0.3,1.0
        }
        PQS
        {
            Mods
            {
                VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute
                {
                    name = HeightMod1
                    seed = 672
                    deformity = 6000
                    octaves = 3
                    persistence = 0.5
                    frequency = 1
                    enabled = true
                    order = 1
                }
                VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute
                {
                    name = HeightMod2
                    seed = 8762
                    deformity = 3000
                    octaves = 3
                    persistence = 0.5
                    frequency = 1
                    enabled = true
                    order = 2
                }
                VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute
                {
                    name = HeightMod3
                    seed = 563
                    deformity = 1500
                    octaves = 3
                    persistence = 0.5
                    frequency = 1
                    enabled = true
                    order = 3
                }
                HeightColorMap
                {
                    blend = 0.5
                    enabled = true
                    order = 10 //make this number higher than the HeightMods
                    LandClasses
                    {
                        Class
                        {
                            name = Base
                            altitudeStart = 0
                            altitudeEnd = 0.1
                            color = 0.5,0.2,0.1,1.0
                            lerpToNext = true
                        }
                        Class
                        {
                            name = Low
                            altitudeStart = 0.1
                            altitudeEnd = 0.6
                            color = 0.6,0.3,0.1,1.0
                            lerpToNext = true
                        }
                        Class
                        {
                            name = Mid
                            altitudeStart = 0.6
                            altitudeEnd = 0.8
                            color = 0.8,0.5,0.2,1.0
                            lerpToNext = true
                        }
                        Class
                        {
                            name = High
                            altitudeStart = 0.8
                            altitudeEnd = 2
                            color = 1.0,1.0,1.0,0.8
                            lerpToNext = false
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

I have kopernicus and kitopia bleeding edge

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2020 at 3:35 AM, ffx said:

        cacheFile = FFX planet pack/Cache/Jegle.bin

filepaths data can't recognize the "Spaces" you putted in for some reason ,so ,remove all the space you putted in the Filepath ,it should look like this:

cacheFile = FFXplanetpack/Cache/Jegle.bin

also,since your planet doesn't have an atmosphere:

change this:

On 11/4/2020 at 3:35 AM, ffx said:

                flyingAltitudeThershold = 30000

to this:

                flyingAltitudeThreshold = 0

 

Edited by Dat Kerbal Dude
stopid grammatical errors >:(
Link to post
Share on other sites

what is this log

Spoiler

//=============================================================================================================================================//
//=====  RTB's Unified Bleeding-Edge Kopernicus 1.10.1-45 - (BuildDate: 01.11.2020 04:42:33; AssemblyHash: bBBkiL/cIPHY12x53Wzjulgy0So=)  =====//
//=============================================================================================================================================//
[LOG 11:40:02]: Logger "Kopernicus" was created
[LOG 11:40:02]: Injector.OnDestroy(): Complete

 

Edited by ffx
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...