Official v0.17 Release thread

Capt'n Skunky

Well, I did a fly by of Duna and back to Kerbin :). Unfortunately, I had to go back to Kerbin the hard way - with a lot of patience.

Dunno what I'll do next, perhaps fly bys of other planets, perhaps landing and taking off from Duna.

The physics is much improved. Missed those new separation motors - should try to remember to use them for future craft. You can still blow up your ship if you're not careful.

Going outside of Kerbin's orbit works great now, the "kracken" seems to be gone.

Looking great so far! Can't wait to do more - perhaps over the weekend.

I had heard the space kraken would be conquered in .17

Every time I've gone beyond Kerbin SoI my ships have been torn apart by warping, worse than it's ever been in any previous versions :(

I'm just about incapable of getting to any of the planets, so I've been satisfying myself with IVAs until I can figure it out. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Step 1: Pack a NERVA. Get into space.

Step 2: Get into an orbit of Kerbin.

Step 3: Burn at as low a periapsis as possible for as long as possible until you reach the required apoapsis.

That should work for either outer planet, for the inner planets burn straight away from Kerbin until you escape it, then look to your map for instructions :P

Edited by cardgame

Kraken slain? HA! The Kraken is back and hungrier than ever.

Parts of my ship just fall apart in time warp, my orbits will randomly change, and planetary intersects don't even show up until I practically collide with them.

Other than that, I'm loving the new update. I've orbited Duna and Eve so far. Great work on the textures Squad, they're outstanding!

I can't even get the damn game downloaded. Most i've got is around 40% and then the server drops me. And that was via the direct download. The patcher... well its just as bad really, downloads a little bit, then gives up. then you have to start from the beginning again.

Unity keeps crashing on me. Access exceptions. I used to get crashes in previous versions when I added modes, but I have no mods applied now.

The "fixed" fuel bug sure proves how easy we had it in .16 :) Also: I am no dang good at transfer orbits, at all. 279 days in space and I'm still not anywhere!

BTW Squad - the new separator boosters are something I've been pining for, nice addition! IVA is a very nice addition, I like the manual controls there a lot! The CoG, CoT, and CoL are awesome additions.

Actually another suggestion for 0.18:

Make multiple decopler working per single decopling part. So if you have huger rockets, it would be nice to be able to have more as one decopler per part, that the thing can be decopled with more force, so it won't crash into the remaining rocket.

Edit:

My game lags really bad with this update, anyone else got this, graphics are low and aa is down but still unplayable

Same here. :/

I have to test it on another pc to look, if its a specific problem.

Edited by schwarzwolf

The new part balncing was a welcome change. The large engine has considerably more "oomph" than before and the small lander can actually push stuff now XD.

Question for the general audience though. Have any of you noticed that the fuel tanks don't crossfeed anymore? Is this intended? I had to change my mun rocket because of that :/

Well, I personally have absolutely zero performance issues. The only persistent annoyance for me is the shadows that ought to appear in the VAB and SPH are very sporadic -- at certain camera angles they appear, and move it away from them and the shadows flicker and are gone. Now I've gotta work on designing rockets again. I'm not too good with the interplanetary-type craft.

The only performance issues I have are when I launch (due to my 200 part ship) and coming in and out of orbit.

Oh, and the Space Cthulhu tore my ship apart just after coming out of warp in Jool intercept. I hate this game sometimes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.