[COMPLETED] Beyond Home Space Race - winner! @jimmymcgoochie

Woah... It's only been 4 days, and you're almost ready to leave the Lua system! Meanwhile, only 4 out of 6 competitors have posted so far. So I'm putting a limit, and you'll only be able to post on Saturday. I'm getting a little overwhelmed by how fast you're getting. So we'll try 2 weeks with this system and see how it goes. Sorry if this is a little mean. But man... That was fast. And we do need to give the others a chance.

thanks for that

It helped, lua is fine, I landed in water, but armstrong is a problem.

It works, thanks

also, question, can first landing and first crewed landing be combined, if not, it seems a bit dumb because I have a kerbal anyway, why not use them to land.

especially early game when you don't have good probe cores.

I was going to post images of a successful double landing on Armstrong (4 Kerbals!) but since I can only post on Saturdays now, it'll have to wait. Maybe that will force me to only do really succinct posts instead of just spamming images into the thread and saturating everyone else. I did first landing and first crewed landing separately as those were the rules in the JNSQ space race and I probably should have clarified that first.

And just so you know, Lua's launchpad is only there if you install Kerbal Konstructs, but it's a bit rubbish as it has a restrictive 50 ton weight limit.

@GuessingEveryDay I second the call to clarify what an 'interplanetary network' actually is- just chuck five relays into solar orbit, or put a relay around 5 different planets, or five relays orbiting any combination of planets, moons and suns outside of Rhode?

So sad, anyhow, my 3 scientific orbiters have arrived at hydrus, scaythe, and fury, secondary orbiters to the moons of hydrus and scaythe will follow.

Also, are we using EL or not, because again, Interstellar ships are big and bulky and hard to launch(if its even safe to launch them) also, Im almost able to do a landing on hydrus, I feel like crewed landing and landing should be doable in the same mission if you like.

I agree, solar probe requirement needs to be removed, it is literally impossible to get a probe there because 2 sources of heat, either one would destroy a ship, I say we remove the solar probe rule, because that is sorta dumb, also, Im about to do a landing on hydrus and a manned landing on hydron. this seems good, also I have some ideas for a solar probe, namely, Ridiculos abouts of radiators(and heat shields, gonna test this first.

I just landed on hydrus after setting up interplanetary comms, gonna land a kerbal on hydron(sadly they wont get home, didnt put a return stage, but I will get them on the next mission, they have enough fuel for orbiting hydron multiple times, however, it is probably not enough to get home, I also didnt bring a heatshield, so I could not safely return anyway)

SolProbe1 was successful, getting down to 25 GM before heating became an actual problem(radiators soaked more power than the solar panels could make), I also encountered problems aiming the heatshield properly, because the two stars make it impossible.

Constuction on a space station is starting now, it will be placed in orbit of rhode(or maybe hydrus, idk) and will be used to gather science from the location it is in, I may send it to scaythe instead(if the transfer opens up), I did 2 landings in the hydrus system, Planning on gathering science from scindo's surface, then taking it to the station to be processed in a lab.

may install a transmission science transfer system(so the station has an actual use)

Real time is irrelevant here, it’s game time that counts. Unlike in the JNSQ race where I spammed my way through everything and everyone else gave up, this time I’m going a lot slower (still only on Y1, D30)  because of the science requirements to unlock the best parts.

Prepare for an onslaught of posts tomorrow- and not just from me (mostly from me though :wink:)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.