[1.12.x] Stock Waterfall Effects (SWE) - A Waterfall config set for realistic rocket exhaust plumes for the stock engines

Knight of St John

22 hours ago, bright Universe said:

it is a problem.

by the way,what does PSA mean?

It's a joke/nod about panarchist because some of his older mods used the name PSA (Panarchist Space Alliance) in it.

On 4/5/2024 at 6:51 AM, AtomicTech said:

It's a joke/nod about panarchist because some of his older mods used the name PSA (Panarchist Space Alliance) in it.

Technically, all my mods have PSA in the name, they just all happen to be old. :-D

On 4/4/2024 at 8:41 AM, bright Universe said:

it is a problem.

by the way,what does PSA mean?

Public Service Announcement.

I've got a bug with some engine plumes and I'm certain someone else has encountered it before but I don't know any fixes. Some of the plumes are rendering through the nozzles and other parts of craft.

LrlFh06.png

EjG29xn.png

Here's the full album of pictures from a few different angles. From the engines I've tested, it's affecting the Nerv, Vector, Mammoth (which I presume uses the same plume as the Vector?), and Rhino. Haven't tested RCS yet.

As you can see I have Scatterer and EVE Redux installed. I also have TURD and a few parts mods (OPT Continued and Mk4 Spaceplanes plus dependencies) but I don't think the parts mods should cause any major problems. No Restock if that's not already clear.

On 4/14/2024 at 8:07 PM, Lyra said:

I'm certain someone else has encountered it before

You're right about that. The usual cause is you're on opengl, and the usual cause of that is you're on mac or linux. If that's the case,you can work around this bug, and a lot of other bugs in other graphics mods, by using the windows version of the game through  steam proton or wine/dxvk. If you're on windows and this is happening to you, you should check your steam launch options or whatever method you use to launch the game to make sure it's not specifying the opengl backend. It used to be popular to do that to lower ram usage, so if you've been around for a while you might have done it and then forgot.

On 4/6/2021 at 10:18 AM, Knight of St John said:

This means that this mod now has plumes for every engine in the game!

Well, TECHNICALLY....

You still need to add jetpack plumes, as well as waterfall effects for kerbal helmet lights. I just... FEEL like we need 'em

14 hours ago, Zacspace said:

and the usual cause of that is you're on mac or linux

Yep, I am on Mac. I managed to "fix" it by just grabbing an older version where the bug was absent, and I got the flickering/z-fighting bug that others mentioned but I just did another "fix" by slightly shrinking and offsetting the plume. Not the best but it works for now

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2023 at 2:37 PM, boraklcequinox said:

So i have  a strange bug.

Yesterday i was trying to do a minmus mission when i realised that the terrier engine's plume just didn't show up.I tried it at differen't bodies and it worked fine.I also tried different engines and they worked fine too.

https://imgur.com/a/sJFfWkp

Just happened to me, its gone if you disable the refraction effect

Edited by NaviG

With RocketSoundsEnhancement and its default config, WaterFall and Stock Waterfall Effects installed, the jet engines have both stock sounds and RSE sounds.  Can someone help me out?

Log File