KSP2 Interstellar Discussion Thread

Then would their be a black hole? And all the star orbit it or woukfpd the ship just float in empty controlled space?

17 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Good question....

I would just have to assume that it would work like ksp 1. You see a star/system, you mess with manuever nodes, and you get a encounter. I know that is a simplification, but thats the way I see it.

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

Manoeuvres now take into account burn times when calculating the final trajectory so they will work fine with multi-year burns.

Multi Year burns! Jeez! Would physical time warp go to Timewarp x1000000000?! Image all the Kraken attacks.

Just now, Dr. Kerbal said:

Multi Year burns! Jeez! Would physical time warp go to Timewarp x1000000000?! Image all the Kraken attacks.

I’ll will just use a Jool assist.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:
1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

Manoeuvres now take into account burn times when calculating the final trajectory so they will work fine with multi-year burns.

Timewarp won't have to go that far up, transits should only take many decades at most.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:
10 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

I’ll will just use a Jool assist.

Hope your PC can handle not having any downtime for weeks at a time  :wink:

1 minute ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

there will likely be something like persistent thrust, where you can go into on rails time warp with an engine on and still accelerate and use fuel

They already confirmed this a week after the reveal, full support for "flip and burn" trajectories.

5 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

I do not understand why it would serve no purpose.

Why would separating the map for interplanetary and interstellar serve any purpose but to make planning medium distance manoeuvres difficult?

9 hours ago, Master39 said:

They already confirmed this a week after the reveal, full support for "flip and burn" trajectories.

Do you think we're gonna have to cut the engines? In real life that would almost certainly never be done. The delta-v losses of just pitching around mid trajectory would be relatively miniscule and it's hell on an engine to cycle it like that when it's supposed to go steady state for years at a time. Imagine someone turning that 100 year light bulb off and back on again. I'd shiver...

3 hours ago, Wubslin said:

Do you think we're gonna have to cut the engines? In real life that would almost certainly never be done. The delta-v losses of just pitching around mid trajectory would be relatively miniscule and it's hell on an engine to cycle it like that when it's supposed to go steady state for years at a time. Imagine someone turning that 100 year light bulb off and back on again. I'd shiver...

I don't know