What's the best movie series? (dont get me wrong im in the lounge section)

Max von Kerman

lol i just wanna ask because google cant help me with that.  

20 members have voted

1. 1. which movie series is better

• Harry Potter
    • Lord of the rings
    • Marvel
    • The avengers
    • Hunger games
    • Other (reply below)

On 5/25/2021 at 10:12 PM, JB182 said:

Jurassic Park. i think i wathced all the movies. idk.

i don't think ive ever been disappointed by a jurassic park movie. 

On 5/26/2021 at 1:28 PM, MKI said:

The Avengers is part of Marvel. "Marvel" technically is more broad as it includes non MCU films as well.

There's also a significant amount of other series missing, and the term "best" could mean many different things. 

For example, the longest running, most successful film series hasn't been mentioned yet. James Bond. I personally don't like Bond much, but few franchises have lasted over 50 years with multiple actors taking over the mantle of the same character with multiple successes (and failures) with tremendous cultural impact. 

Then there's something like Star Wars which is a juggernaut because its sells so much darn stuff beyond film tickets

At this point "other" wins because there are too many options not listed haha.

depends on which bond, i find modern bond movies to be somewhat lacking. but the sean connery era, hells yea. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 6:41 PM, Julietta said:

The Hobbit is made from an earlier book of Tolkien's, a lighthearted approach to Lotr, it is not a carbon copy of the original trilogy nor is it a movie made for children. The film has more concentration over visuals than the previous films yet it does not sacrifice the plot in any way, the actors blend in with the CGI very organically. The film may drag on for a bit but so did the fellowship, two towers and return of the king. The 40 fps looks good and the criticism for it seems a bit unfounded.

I don't want to sound like I am praising this film too much because it had some minor issues of pacing at the start and the ending made me wish that I would not have to wait a year to get to part 2 of the trilogy.

Overall it is a great film.

The Hobbit is self-indulgent (which isn't necessarily a bad thing... so are the Bond movies) and the three movies suffer from mounting tonal dissonance between LotR-level serious violence, and slapstick fights  (this is especially notable if you consider the scenes only included in the Extended Edition). Basically, it never got over the differences between LotR and its earlier installment.

Also, unnecessary love triangle added in post-production. Evangeline Lilly, who only signed up on the condition there won't be a love triangle, was not amused.

Ironically, Tolkien at one point wanted to rewrite The Hobbit to align it with LotR, but was talked out of it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.