KSP Fast Startup or Quick Reload for Mods Developer?

KSP loading time is really long, it take about 5-30 mins to load the game and could take longer with mods installed. I'm player KSP 1.12 and I notice that the first loading after install a new mod is longer than loading with no change to the GameData folder. So if I'm right, it could be a problem for low-performance laptop that want to make a mod cuz everytime reload it could take 30 mins per test! Is there any solution?

Edited by jeb10

12 hours ago, jeb10 said:

KSP loading time is really long, it take about 5-30 mins to load the game and could take longer with mods installed. I'm player KSP 1.12 and I notice that the first loading after install a new mod is longer than loading with no change to the GameData folder. So if I'm right, it could be a problem for low-performance laptop that want to make a mod cuz everytime reload it could take 30 mins per test! Is there any solution?

The slowdown is coming from ModuseManager having to redo everything.  For a mod developer, the trick is to slim down the game as much as possible, including trimming most unneeded parts, etc

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The slowdown is coming from ModuseManager having to redo everything.  For a mod developer, the trick is to slim down the game as much as possible, including trimming most unneeded parts, etc

the sad part is ModuleManager is required for most mod out there :'(

3 hours ago, jeb10 said:

the sad part is ModuleManager is required for most mod out there :'(

You shouldn't be developing a mod on a game install that has a lot of mods.  Besides this issue, you really don't want to have other mods possibly interfering with what your mod does.  You want to keep it as simple as possible for development

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.