KSP resolutions for 2022

jimmymcgoochie

A bit late, but better late than never!

After last year’s thread (https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/199252-ksp-resolutions-for-2021/) another year has passed, so time to set your KSP resolutions for the upcoming year- and check how you did if you made some last year. What new challenges are you going to set yourself, any missions or saves gathering (metaphorical) dust unfinished that you want to restart and complete?

I’ll go first, from last year:

• Land Kerbals on the Moon and Mars in my RP-1 career game, still a long way to go as I can’t even get a Kerbal into LEO yet;
  • Reboot my stock system career and finish off that pesky Gilly mission, though that could take several game years and I’m holding out for Kerbalism 4.0 to fix some annoying bugs with long term experiments;
  • Complete my JNSQ Jool exploration, which has made it to Tylo so far and is heading to Laythe, though the chronically low frame rates and game speed plus long burn times due to a big, heavy, high part count ship is a big disincentive.

Well… :blush:

Not too bad on the first one: Moon landings are done, operated a base for a few Earth years too; Mars mission is half way to Mars and will arrive in about 150 days. As for the other two, I have comprehensively failed them both- in fact I haven’t run either save in the last year. In my defence, my GPU died this year and I ended up doing a mostly stock career save for a few months as neither JNSQ nor RSS would work even with no visual mods.

Moving swiftly on to this year’s resolutions:

• Finish my current RP-1 career: crewed Mars and Phobos landings, crewed Venus orbit, return both crews home safely, then complete all active missions and hopefully complete the whole tech tree too.
  • Start a new RP-1 career on moderate difficulty instead of easy, and try to land on the Moon in 2022. With all the changes that have been made since I started my current save and the higher difficulty settings I probably won’t be as fast as before, but I still want to beat real life milestones (first orbit before Sputnik, first Moon landing before Apollo 11 etc.)
  • And maybe, just maybe, abandon that second one entirely and spend every spare moment of my time in KSP2 when that comes out!

Since I don't play KSP as much as I did last year, I only have some small ones and a couple big ones. Also, I had no resolutions from last year.

1. Make Lego Set 60229 (Rocket assembly and transport) into KSP, the rocket, not the crane and stuff.

2. Maybe make lunar gateway

3. Continue my adventures through the Joolian system (land on vall and tylo), so that I am prepared for Moho, Eeloo, and Eve.

4.  Not very related to KSP, but I want to continute to save money to purchase a gaming laptop that can run KSP, and possibly KSP 2

nice idea

1. really need to finish and release the mods i've been working on intermittently over the last few years
  2. spend more time playing principia to appreciate n-body gravitation
  3. finish my pc upgrade in preparation for ksp2 (at least i know for sure that this one will get done)
Edited by sunnypunny

Hmmm, seems like a bad idea to make a new year's resolution related to KSP (other than "don't play too much KSP") but if I were to make one, it'd have to be this:

FINISH THE JOOL-5 CHALLENGE ALREADY for crying out loud I've been at this for like 7 years now and there's no excuse >.<

1 hour ago, problemecium said:

Hmmm, seems like a bad idea to make a new year's resolution related to KSP (other than "don't play too much KSP") but if I were to make one, it'd have to be this:

FINISH THE JOOL-5 CHALLENGE ALREADY for crying out loud I've been at this for like 7 years now and there's no excuse >.<

I've been meaning to do one of those...

It just seems as if something always gets in the way...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.