SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

Haha just my point. Besides, I already have this around Kerbin:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5306/14034784851_5f39843566_o.png

I have this round Mun:

http://imgur.com/a/pG5zR

And these around Jool's moons:

http://imgur.com/a/Upc2O

idan122 I really like what you're hanging in orbit around Kerbin, when I grow up I want one like that!.....lol

idan122 I really like what you're hanging in orbit around Kerbin, when I grow up I want one like that!.....lol

If you want to play around with it i can provide you with a persistence file.

I'll release ISS pack once I sit my exams

this is the refueling station I am currently building, eventually it will have eight tanks docked all along the long beam and ships docking on the shorter beams. All stock parts. Just docking these two tanks took about an hour :P. built because my last two ships, the K.S.S Redshirt, destined for the mun, and the K.S.S Discovery, destined for minmus

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This is my first post so Hi Kerbal community!. Iv'e probably only played the game for about five hours (and many more explosions) and have already been to the mun.

Edited by peachoftree

WDhFNrt.png

IDYBrhE.png

Originally, the station was supposed to have more depth, and not just be a straight line, but more modules made things lag a bit, and the station is quite functional as is. And, in the end, the look kind of grew on me. Not the most amazing station, but a fairly useful one (has every size docking port up to 3.75m, and has a few tugs for craft without ports).

Edited by rennsport27

Not much, but I feel proud of it because it is the first "Organic looking" space station I ever built. Others just looked ugly...

2014_05_07_00002.jpg

Beauty shot

2014_05_07_00007.jpg

Night view from spaceplane's cockpit. I really like the blue tones.

Indeed! Here take this!

2D3iXAi.png

IVxT5si.png

39HYMk4.png

Lg42Q65.png

This was a fun one to make. - Mods are Near Future Propulsion and Kethane. The science lab has the ability to turn into a pretty sweet land base (which looks like a rabbit) if things go wrong. Or right depending on the situation.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

All Stock Modular Space Station

83B21F691F0ADDB4718C5C3C66275894E17D618E

8 separate sections. sent up in 6 - 7 trips.

here are the craft files.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-za_GuHaum3clRORGg5Qi1Yd28&usp=sharing

Each part has a launch vehicle. But use what ever launcher you are use to. Just attach underneath the RCS tank

Station design

- sections joined by Snr docking ports to reduce oscillation

- Docking array safely distanced from solar panels and fuel tanks

- Xeon tank section puts comfortable distance between the fuel and research/habitat can

- no rcs thrusters on any part, minimize part numbers

This is a rendezvous and dock with the station. Docking 10 mins in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr9UkBw7FoU

using the station docking section

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zewa9daa2q8#t=10

Edited by Mista Mista

Here's mine,

xvluVwL.png

It's my pride and joy it's also my background on my desktop

It's called Plato-Olympus Space Station and its named after the Greek philosopher.

Mods involved in this picture are;

Environmental visual enhancements

Better Atmospheres

Aviation Lights

Edited by Commander Jebidiah

Your SSTO kinda makes your station look small is it hard to fly?

Actually, no. I do use mechjeb for convenience sake, take off into 40 degrees nose up, to 30 degrees nose up at 10km altitude, then dropping nose to 15 degrees as altitude climbs. At around 27km, it cannot get enough air to accelerate any more (going around 1600m/s). Pitch up to 45 degrees up, switch engines to rocket mode. burn until apoapsis at 125 km. Circularise with nukes. Airbrakes keep nose forward/prevent flat spin on return.

Did use FAR, took it off, conflicted with one or more of the mods I have. FAR version of SSTO has wings a little further back on the body.

Here is the Multinational Space Station or MNSS for short as well as the Space Shuttle (The guys at KSC would rather it were called the Reusable Space Vessel). That one in particular is the first ship of the fleet, "Beagle".

JJAvmyWl.png

It's heavily influenced on the design of the Space Station Freedom, which obviously ended up evolving into the ISS we all now look up to (provided you are under it's inclination) in the sky.

L0n6uD1l.png

A shot from one of the Truss sections, looking back at the pressurised modules.

EDPl3g2l.png

One of the two radiator panels, which can be rotated with Infernal Robotics. There's no reason for them really, but they look in keeping.

yYmR3inl.png

If there's a Kerbin equivilant of Canada, that nation certainly designed this thing. A joint venture of Infernal Robotics and DROMOMAN, this arm can quite happily pluck things out of the sky in it's vicinity. Is able to inchworm it's way across the hull by separating from it's Docking node.

w70FHHvl.png

A pivoting camera which can be used to oversee docking maneuvers and inspect the Robotic arm. It can also be used to see things like...

uQPw8BZl.png

...this.

HKbgUdNl.png

Bonus shot taken from Beagle's cargo bay, showing off the Kuest airlock and the solar arrays.