Boat parts would be fun, and I know there was some discussion of adding some kind of launch/drydock at KSC for Scott Manley. It's not a big priority for me though. If boat and submarine parts waited till an expansion I wouldn't be upset.

Edited by Pthigrivi

It would be nice to at least have some improved water physics so that things we abuse as boat/submarine parts act as they would be expected. Some proper boat parts would be the icing on the cake.

On 7/5/2022 at 3:54 PM, Vl3d said:

Don't think of it like that.. think of it as "pre-release" and "post-release", as Nate previously stated.

I think all they're saying is a lot of these kinds of things if pursued prior to release would signal a worrisome degree of scope creep and loss of focus. It certainly seems like they're putting a huge amount of effort into designing a slew of planets in other star systems, but if the core gameplay mechanics of science, prospecting, colony building, and progression aren't really nicely designed and dialed in very few players will stick with it long enough to ever see them. Boats and weather are nice, but they aren't a needed part of that core game, unlike a pirate game where they are. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yo guys by boat parts i mean like hulls that come in different sizes like 2.5 m hull and they would have central parts and one for the front and a back part with two connecting parts for engines and submarine hulls go by the same logic but there also parts for a tower and fins and ballast tanks of course