Infinite Discoveries 0.9.9 (1.12.x)

Sushut

1 hour ago, Pgabrielmnecraft said:

Hey buddy, why are my clouds (on menu and only i think) fully black? I'm using the new 0.9.6 update.

Edit: I've solved the bug alone, it was an bug related to the altitude of the clouds, but they work now.

yeah the clouds being black is only in the main menu and space center screen, it's due to some silly bugs with moving kerbin to a new star
shouldn't affect gameplay at all though

13 hours ago, Squirrelify said:

is parallax working for the planets?

Edit: it would be nice if the installation had a progress bar. its annoying not knowing how long it has left

there is currently no parallax configs for planets, and for progress bars, it's basically impossible to know when it would finish since it picks every value as it generates

just installed and ran the program typed 50 stars currently it is loading them all, so I hope my pc lives so I can try this, from what I read it gives off no mans sky vibes

edit: is there a way to add a number that shows how many stars it has done so far so you can get an rough estimate on when it will be done

Edited by for265

4 hours ago, for265 said:

just installed and ran the program typed 50 stars currently it is loading them all, so I hope my pc lives so I can try this, from what I read it gives off no mans sky vibes

edit: is there a way to add a number that shows how many stars it has done so far so you can get an rough estimate on when it will be done

That can be done by simply checking how many eve configs there are in the eve config folder in InfiniteDiscoveries/Visuals/EVE/Configs, since every star has one eve config generated for it.

Edited by Sushut

4 hours ago, JustCosmic said:

Whenever I open Kerbal Space Program with the mod, it just comes up with a Kopernicus error and I don't know why. I don't have any system changers, only  outer planets mod.

do you have galaxy mode enabled? because anything that adds anything to the stock system will break including OPM

I might add opm support but not now

2 minutes ago, Kerballlistic07 said:

Question: I do in fact love this mod. Is there a way to only use a mod with a particular save file? For example I could have this apply to one save file and leave my other ones with the same stock system?

there isn't really a way to use any planet mod in a specific save file, you'll have to put it in a separate ksp install

Total number of stars generated: 50
Total number of planets generated: 172
Total number of moons generated: 540

Yeah I think it might explode, trying it now

Edit: it doesn't load, just loads to where it says expansion loading complete and then crashes I am try with 25 stars now

Edited by for265

3 hours ago, Sushut said:

there isn't really a way to use any planet mod in a specific save file, you'll have to put it in a separate ksp install

Oh thanks. Kinda figured that might be the case. Don't really have the storage space for a separate install right now unfortunately. Doesn't mean I won't forget about this mod though!

Maybe I'm confused, but if I use the InfiniteDiscoveries and put in 1 star, should that star replace Kerbol?

I ask because it's not, but I also don't see another star in the tracking station. I've got Kopernicus installed but really don't have much experience with it.

freezes when focusing view and loading planets, and the moons are usually oversized over their parent planets, but really cool nonetheless

5 hours ago, for265 said:

Total number of stars generated: 50
Total number of planets generated: 172
Total number of moons generated: 540

Yeah I think it might explode, trying it now

Edit: it doesn't load, just loads to where it says expansion loading complete and then crashes I am try with 25 stars now

lower the moon maximum and it could be more feasible

18 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

Maybe I'm confused, but if I use the InfiniteDiscoveries and put in 1 star, should that star replace Kerbol?

I ask because it's not, but I also don't see another star in the tracking station. I've got Kopernicus installed but really don't have much experience with it.

the mod does not replace kerbol, since it's not appearing, do you have all the dependencies for kopernicus aswell?

21 minutes ago, Sushut said:

the mod does not replace kerbol, since it's not appearing, do you have all the dependencies for kopernicus aswell?

I knew it was me. CKAN wasn't installing the newest Kopernicus for some reason but the one right before it works great!

If I may make some suggestions/requests for system generation:

• min/max planets per star (My first run generated a single star with 0 planets :D )
  • min/max moons per planet (maybe split between giants and rocky. My 2nd system had 2 giants with no moons and a single rocky planet with 5 moons, which felt odd to me. I'd rather be able to say "give giants between 3-8 moons, rocky worlds between 0-2")
  • Moon orbits can be VERY close to each other. I didn't visit the system but it looks like the moon SOIs would overlap.

3 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

If I may make some suggestions/requests for system generation:

• min/max planets per star (My first run generated a single star with 0 planets :D )
  • min/max moons per planet (maybe split between giants and rocky. My 2nd system had 2 giants with no moons and a single rocky planet with 5 moons, which felt odd to me. I'd rather be able to say "give giants between 3-8 moons, rocky worlds between 0-2")
  • Moon orbits can be VERY close to each other. I didn't visit the system but it looks like the moon SOIs would overlap.

Today's your lucky day! The Setttings.py file has 2 of the 3 things you suggested.
And for moon orbits, I'll keep adjusting them but KSP should automatically calculate SOIs.

18 hours ago, Bundle of Mushrooms said:

freezes when focusing view and loading planets, and the moons are usually oversized over their parent planets, but really cool nonetheless

lower the moon maximum and it could be more feasible

if you have scatterer then the planets freezing is an issue with scatterer loading the atmospheres, it shouldn't happen a second time with the same body though

When I click off of the System generator, it crashes. Is this normal?
Nevermind, it just crashes after it tries loading the first two stars.  I'm going to fight with it some more before I start asking more questions.

Edited by R3dst0ne_Warri0r

Okay, the executable itself isn't working properly. I'm on Windows 10, and it's all stored on a 2TB hard drive I installed recently. I got one star to load, but it looks pretty broken and none of the planets that were supposed to load did. I ran this test on both .95 and .96- .95 is the one that got a star to load in the first place. I asked the program to generate one star, two planets, with one moon each. It only generated the star, as previously mentioned.

Here are the screenshots:

https://imgur.com/Wadngkc

https://imgur.com/hJ3gCw6