Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

My new Laythe spaceplane design.

902afs.jpg

It can get to Kerbin orbit, rendezvous with a space station, and return to the space center. So hopefully it'll work for Laythe. I'm sending two of them, just in case. :D

I was looking at all the small SSTO's and thought I would give it a try. I've been building too many mega ships lately. The first one I dub the flying egg. In its final iteration it will achive 250 k plus orbit easy. Ricky Bobby must have died a hundred times over though. The slightest shift in weight or lift during testing usually brought severe consequences. The next one is just every science kit in a small plane.

iWqK9I2.jpg

01oQSWo.png

W1jILx7.png

5bBfvQD.png

Arkbird, anyone?

Q9wrTCD.png

PCOocxZ.png

Max speed for this version is about 1900 m/s with a 28km flight ceiling. This version was basically scrapped since the wings were way too curved to be accurate, plus it couldn't land at all. 100% stock and it's pretty sweet to fly. Almost 300 parts.

5ya96mR.png

Version 2 features its own landing gear and the wings are swept less to be more accurate. It also features 3000 more liquid fuel, but I have not done high altitude and speed tests yet. It's a bit more stable because of some disabled control surfaces, but it's still a bit wobbly. This is still 100% stock with 302 parts.

V2 Arkbird is available on the Dark Multiplayer Stock Sandbox server. Just open the "Crafts" window in DMP once logged onto the server, scroll down to "OrbitusII," open that window, and the craft is called "Arkbird (Landing)." I might also upload it here to the forums if people want to get it that way.

The P-1112 Aigaion!

JqKXOpn.png

Edited by OrbitusII