Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

I just tried this fix you mentioned a while back... but the problem is there is no node_attach, and the node_stack looks like this...

PART

name = FScopterRotorMainElectric

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0

attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1

}

I guess I could just mess with it a bit until I get a node in the correct spot. But if you happen to have this info handy that would be swell. Also I notice the rotor provides max lift even with the blades retracted. is this a bug, or a limitation of the mod? Amd a second question... it seems to me mechjeb has no idea how to fly a helicopter... is this true? or do I need to fix my setup somehow?

There is ONLY 6 numbers here, it miss the node's size (the 7th number), maybe looking at log can show something, or not.

try this:

node_stack_top = 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1

(.0 add nothing except 2 more bytes, or more if the file is saved in UTF-8 for ex, in the config file for each number)

Sorry unless you went back to the beginning of this issue many pages back, you are probably not following the conversation. what I need is the coordinates for a node_stack_bottom so this thing will snap to a stack node. this has all the values at zero so even if I try to use it this way the snap node will be the center of the part, not the "attach surface". so I need the x,y,z offsets to pull the node to the proper place, and the rotation values so the part will snap in with the "forward arrow" pointing "forward"

I could do this with trial and error. move the node a bit, load the game and check it, quit the game and move the node a bit more, repeat. but this would take several hours. so if the actual values for the node_stack_bottom are indeed known, that will make this much easier.

and if I am not mistaken, if you leave node size off the list, it defaults to 1 any way. but again, this is not the problem. the location of the node is the issue.

Sorry unless you went back to the beginning of this issue many pages back, you are probably not following the conversation. what I need is the coordinates for a node_stack_bottom so this thing will snap to a stack node. this has all the values at zero so even if I try to use it this way the snap node will be the center of the part, not the "attach surface". so I need the x,y,z offsets to pull the node to the proper place, and the rotation values so the part will snap in with the "forward arrow" pointing "forward"

I could do this with trial and error. move the node a bit, load the game and check it, quit the game and move the node a bit more, repeat. but this would take several hours. so if the actual values for the node_stack_bottom are indeed known, that will make this much easier.

and if I am not mistaken, if you leave node size off the list, it defaults to 1 any way. but again, this is not the problem. the location of the node is the issue.

Ah ok sorry, and you don't need to restart game every time for this, just "reload" in database/debug window.

Rotation value as you say are irrelevant for this case, they are used for node vector location in space not part rotation along it's y axis as you suggest.

I may give it a shot to find the right location.

EDIT: here it is:

node_stack_top = 0, 0.075, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1

(it looks like too the size is important, I get no snapping without it)

Edited by Justin Kerbice

I searched and could not find this problem. Something borked my version of KSP so I reloaded it from a fresh down load installed all new versions of my favorite Addons, loaded my preserved save went to load my Sopwith Scout (modded and kitted out Camel for hunting Science on Kerbin) and I get the error that prop engine is missing. Reloaded on fresh a fresh sandbox with all the firespitter planes and I get the error "Craft [craft name] was not loaded because it had the following parts missing is missing FSPropellerEngine." ack, please help.

Also I am then stuck in SPH, I have to kill the game to get out.

----------------------------

I figured it out and I am working around it. I love the new Multi-tank concept, I would like to be able to chose only oxidizer in a tank that would make building SSTOs far easier.

Edited by C.A.Sizemore

Hi snjo, thanks for keeping up with FS it's gone from being a great mod to being the framework for better modding for everyone. Ive been using it so long but i always forget to stop in.

So thanks for this, it's made the game a better for me, and i think, everyone, in one way or another.

So great mod ect... ect..

-but enough of that: Now I must make a dire request based upon an obscure technology that was only briefly seen on paper in the peripheral vision of my uncle's cousin's friend circa 1939, It ran on contradiction, bovine flatulence, and peroxide, although i could be thinking of my ex wife..anyway i kinda forgot what it was talking about while i was typing, so I guess Im good for now...but thanks for FS.

Was wanting to see if I could get some help with making a custom config folder for LLL. I THINK I have everything set up correctly according to the documentation but I still am unable to get the textures to actualy switch, display name of tank to show up, or get Kethane to show up in the editor. Last I think might be a kethane issue since the other tanks show up. Once I get it working on one tank Im sure I can get it working on all. Any thing I over looked?

MODULE

{

name = FStextureSwitch2

showListButton = True

objectNames = stripe1x1

textureRootFolder = LLL/Models/Propulsion/LLL2x1

textureNames = StripeLFO;StripeJet;StripeKeth

textureDisplayNames = LFO;Jet Fuel;Kethane

nextButtonText = Next Fuel

prevButtonText = Previous Fuel

statusText = Current Fuel

switchableInFlight = True

repaintableEVA = true

useFuelSwitchModule = True

fuelTankSetups = 0; 1; 2

updateSymmetry = true

showInfo = true

}

MODULE

{

name = FSfuelSwitch

resourceNames = LiquidFuel,Oxidizer; LiquidFuel; Kethane

resourceAmounts = 315,385; 700; 700

basePartMass = 0.44

availableInFlight = True

availableInEditor = true

}

I just have to say I absolutely hate your mod. KSP is all about space... but ever since installed your mod, I mostly putter around the planet (Kerbin) with various bizarre zepplanes and rotorcars and such.

I have no interest in planets/moons without atmosphere, to the point of not even learning their names for the most part.

I'm entirely blaming your mod for this (it and hooligan). I used to care about landing on the Mun :( Now I just go places to fly there.

I just want the electric engines to work :( but it seems like they generate much less thrust now, and strangely the propellers generate a lot of lift, so it is hard to put the center of lift behind the CoM. :(

It works, though no guarantees. You can disregard the version warning on the start, I think. Still, an update would be nice, it's one of the most essential mods out there.

What is it in this mod that has so many others relying on it? o.o;

A lot. Check out their documentation here: http://tiny.cc/fsdoc

The short of it is they have a very nice in game texture changer that also has the option to change a tank contents. There is a buoyancy module for making boats, floaty things, planes that can take off or land in water... Then there is a whole assortment of modules that allow greatly expanded options with regards to propeller engines and jets, landing gear and other things.

What is it in this mod that has so many others relying on it? o.o;

It was the first really solid plugin that allowed you to control a part's animations in the VAB. Since stock didn't do that until 0.25, Firespitter got popular. It also has the single-part mode-switching features that B9 and USI like.

Is anyone having issues with the mod? I'm not sure if its just my poor design skills, but no matter what, helicopters will spiral out of control once I gain height and speed up after take off.

While the mod has not been updated that sounds more like a design issue. be sure you have a tail rotor (Or enough torque to compensate for the torque induced by your main rotor)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.