[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

4 minutes ago, JeffreyCor said:

I wonder if the folder structure was changed, but the mod dll didn't get changed to look in the new locations. I'll try copying them over to the old location and see if it works that way, which would generally be a good indication that is the problem :wink:

Per the patch notes:

Moved non GameDB files to PluginData folder (Issue #166)

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't read right, only read the first part.:P Disregard!

Edited by Deimos Rast

15 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

v3.7.0.0 Now Available

Download from GitHub or Download from Curse or Download from Spacedock

• Recompiled to resolve isses with TimeWarp methods (Issue #169)
  • Moved Add All Transfers button to top of list (Issue #163)
  • Moved non GameDB files to PluginData folder (Issue #166)
  • NOTE: the above fix means the folder structure changes

Do Note that the folder structure for the assets and the settings file changes slightly here to help with MM churn on settings. You can simply drag this over your existing setup and it will move the settings file, but you'll have some duplicate files, or delete evrything but settings.cfg and then unpack the zip. Entirely up to you and asl always - BACK UP YOUR STUFF!!!! I've taken all care, but do be mindful if you delete files that you have a backup

I think I'd kiss you right now! Thank you so much man! Your mod and Mech Jeb are the best two mods ever for KSP! I simply cannot do without either of those! You are my hero!

Edited by Thunder_86

FYI - NullRef in latest build - didn't see issue as alarm was destroyed right after.

[LOG 19:43:53.218] 6/23/2016 7:43:53 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue
[EXC 19:43:53.220] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PauseMenu.get_isOpen ()
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.OnGUIEvery ()
    KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.OnGUI ()
[EXC 19:43:53.222] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PauseMenu.get_isOpen ()
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.OnGUIEvery ()
    KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.OnGUI ()

Thank you very much for your quick bugfix!

Kerbal Alarm Clock is one of only two mods that I run, besides Kerbal Engineer Redux. Wouldn't want to miss it and I hope your work makes it into the stock game one day. Certainly deserves it.

Once again, thanks!

Updating via CKAN broke it for me, too. I'm not sure if it's an actual version incompatibility or something to do with the folder structure changing. Uninstall/reinstall didn't help, though. I'm not sure how to compel ckan to revert to the old version.

KSP 1.1.2.1260, KAC 3.7.1.0, CKAN 1.18.0-0-geeb9127.

well thats special, I simply updated the copy on spacedock for 1.1.3 and it has include in CKAN checked. If I'm totally hionest I'm not sure how CKAN pulls that stuff in.

I'll download CKAN and see if I can find something

seems like CKAN sets a min and max version for each plugin and assumes that its 1.1.x so for 1.1.2 it simply uses the latest one.

I'll try and get the 3.7.1 metadata file changed for you guys so it says that 3.7.0 and above requires 1.1.3

Small thing I've noticed:

The KAC window is not hidden when moving into Mission Control, Research and Development, Astronaut Complex, Administration Building (where there is no toolbar).

The tool bar does appear in VAB and SPH where you can bring up the KAC window and it remembers its position.

PS C:\users\error\Downloads> .\ckan.exe update
Downloading updates...
Updated information on 615 available modules

PS C:\users\error\Downloads> .\ckan.exe install kerbalalarmclock-3.6.3.0
Module kerbalalarmclock-3.6.3.0 required, but not listed in index, or not available for your version of KSP
If you're lucky, you can do a `ckan update` and try again.
Try `ckan install --no-recommends` to skip installation of recommended modules

Also, I wasn't even aware 1.1.3 was out.  I'm happy enough to update, but as I'm not planning on playing tonight I'll hold off to help troubleshoot.

Just now, Error_Sophius said:

PS C:\users\error\Downloads> .\ckan.exe update
Downloading updates...
Updated information on 615 available modules

PS C:\users\error\Downloads> .\ckan.exe install kerbalalarmclock-3.6.3.0
Module kerbalalarmclock-3.6.3.0 required, but not listed in index, or not available for your version of KSP

Also, I wasn't even aware 1.1.3 was out.  I'm happy enough to update, but as I'm not planning on playing tonight I'll hold off to help troubleshoot.

whoops, that should have been an "=" -  ckan install kerbalalarmclock=3.6.3.0

To be honest - if you are up for 1.1.3 then I'd do that - there are some really good perf improvements in it

2 minutes ago, Trann said:

Small thing I've noticed:

The KAC window is not hidden when moving into Mission Control, Research and Development, Astronaut Complex, Administration Building (where there is no toolbar).

The tool bar does appear in VAB and SPH where you can bring up the KAC window and it remembers its position.

will look at that one now

PS C:\users\error\Downloads> .\ckan.exe install kerbalalarmclock=3.6.3.0
Module kerbalalarmclock required, but not listed in index, or not available for your version of KSP

I tried a couple permutations of capitalization, = vs ==, etc., without success.

To be honest - if you are up for 1.1.3 then I'd do that - there are some really good perf improvements in it

Like I said, I have no time to play tonight anyway. And I'd rather help fix what can be fixed; a good package management infrastructure is a valuable thing.

8 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

seems like CKAN sets a min and max version for each plugin and assumes that its 1.1.x so for 1.1.2 it simply uses the latest one.

I'll try and get the 3.7.1 metadata file changed for you guys so it says that 3.7.0 and above requires 1.1.3

That would be very much appreciated!

It would also be nice if the plugin would check the KSP version itself for known issues and unknown versions.

I wonder if CKAN is smart enough do downgrade?

2 hours ago, Nobody6 said:

That would be very much appreciated!

It would also be nice if the plugin would check the KSP version itself for known issues and unknown versions.

I wonder if CKAN is smart enough do downgrade?

Well thats why CKAN and a few other things exist - or we all end up writing our own - which is what used to happen :P

I'm pretty sure the cause of the issue here is with a file in my repo - so hopefully can sort it out with the peeps