[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

My ksp.log is 80-90% this:

[EXC 12:41:33.628] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

KerbalAlarmClock.MuMech_OrbitExtensions.SwappedOrbitNormal (.Orbit o)

KerbalAlarmClock.MuMech_OrbitExtensions.AscendingNodeTrueAnomaly (.Orbit a, .Orbit B)

KerbalAlarmClock.MuMech_OrbitExtensions.AscendingNodeExists (.Orbit a, .Orbit B)

KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.DrawNodeButtons ()

KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.DrawGUI ()

RenderingManager.OnGUI ()

Almost an hour of playtime is full of that, over and over, every fraction of a second. v3.2.0.0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2d2b3yno5f0iu72/AAC1o58-jgbokrTt67byPbrDa?dl=0

Well thats just not good. I've looked through that code and done a bunch of variations here, but can't seem to get it to happen - or tell whats going on from the log.

I've added two blind extra checks for null objects where I think it might be. If you can download the below version and if its still happening can you provide the save file and perhaps some more detail around whats going on in game when it happens initially?

v3.2.1.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

• Added check to not display WarpTo when vessel is landed

I was flying a mission from Kerbin to the Mun and back to gather science and level up a couple Kerbals. My save only has a single alarm set about 150 days in the future on a vessel I didn't touch at all between bootup and shutdown of ksp.exe. Recently ksp has been suffering from a memory leak and I don't know where. I'm running close to 40 mods. I'm trying to think of which might hook into AlarmClock or vice versa.

Trying to repeat it now.

Is it possible to setup default time margin for warpto maneuver node, like it is for all other alarms? Like warpto node 1 minute before node time. It's really cool feature, but it's easy to miss burn time for long burns,

I was flying a mission from Kerbin to the Mun and back to gather science and level up a couple Kerbals. My save only has a single alarm set about 150 days in the future on a vessel I didn't touch at all between bootup and shutdown of ksp.exe. Recently ksp has been suffering from a memory leak and I don't know where. I'm running close to 40 mods. I'm trying to think of which might hook into AlarmClock or vice versa.

Trying to repeat it now.

Thanks BigD - if you get it again let me know and I'll dig deeper

Is it possible to setup default time margin for warpto maneuver node, like it is for all other alarms? Like warpto node 1 minute before node time. It's really cool feature, but it's easy to miss burn time for long burns,

I knew that was gonna come up :( but I figured I'd get the function out first and tweak it as it goes. So here's the options I thought of and was gonna ask for feedback:

• Use the existing alarm type specific margins and simply apply em
  • Use the existing alarm type specific margins and have an option to use margins for each type in the warpto settings - eg Add the margin to ManNode WarpTo, but not Ap Warp to - or something like that
  • Use the existing alarm type specific margins and Have a second button next to the nodes (WarpTo and WarpTo with Margin) - maybe the extra one pops up when you mouse over the >> Symbol
  • Any of the ones above but have separate WarpTo Margins

Obviously the lower down the list the more work, but I'm not fussed by that if it makes sense. Any comments/recommendations?

I knew that was gonna come up :( but I figured I'd get the function out first and tweak it as it goes. So here's the options I thought of and was gonna ask for feedback:

• Use the existing alarm type specific margins and have an option to use margins for each type in the warpto settings - eg Add the margin to ManNode WarpTo, but not Ap Warp to - or something like that
  • Use the existing alarm type specific margins and Have a second button next to the nodes (WarpTo and WarpTo with Margin) - maybe the extra one pops up when you mouse over the >> Symbol

existing alarm type specific margins and have an option to use margins for each type in the warpto settings - that looks like a compromise and should be actially useful. You don't always need to warp to be exactly at AP, SOI change, usually you need to be there at least few seconds earlier to make stuff.

First option will also do, it should be ok for AP/PE/SOI, but I think won't be that convenient for nodes, but as a "hotfix" it'll be ok.

Third option may get map a bit crowded with buttons, I guess, though on the other hand it can also be quite convenient, especially for AP/PE/SOI (though SOI actually may need a bit of margin in order not to warp exactly at SOI change moment because of trajectory glitches; for nodes warping exactly to nodes doesn't make much sense at all - see below).

Is there an easy way to get node burn time from game (though looking at stock node burn time estimations it seems that game doesn't put much efforts into calculation or just don't always show values on screen)? Some mods do or calculate it themselves, I don't know exactly how it works. IMO, best thing for nodes will be an option to set up like: warp X time before half of node's burn time (because mostly people split burn time in half before and after node time)

?

Option 2 would be my preference, but I'd be okay with option 1 if you went with that. The other two options seem more complicated than is necessary to me.

Ga... Got her all set up in a dummy test sandbox save with no ships in orbit. Happened to check the tracking station and some unknown objects had spawned. Ordinarily I click to track the object, mouse check the periapse, and hit backspace to check the rocks' journey through Kerbins' SOI. Unfortunately, with the new version of KAC the path through kerbins SOI isn't visible. After pulling Trigger tech from my Game Data folder, I can now see the Kerbin encounter path/distance.

Not a huge deal but thought you should know. Keep up the great work.

hello, congrate for your mods but sometime the new "WarpTo" in map view can be dangerous, i done a lot of missclicks on it when i tried to select a target near this button (there was a lot of vessels going to rendez-vous on apoapsis) or when i want to double -click to focus on an other body.

i'm sure you will find a great solution against this problem!

I think from the responses I'll aim for option 2 at this point - use the existing configured margins, and have checkboxes for each to use the margin for WarpTo alarms

...Is there an easy way to get node burn time from game (though looking at stock node burn time estimations it seems that game doesn't put much efforts into calculation or just don't always show values on screen)? Some mods do or calculate it themselves, I don't know exactly how it works. IMO, best thing for nodes will be an option to set up like: warp X time before half of node's burn time (because mostly people split burn time in half before and after node time)

The short answer to the question is - no there is no easy way, you have to "model" the entire craft and calculate the amount if dV that each stage will burn over what time and therefore what the total burn of X dV will take. BurnTime/2 Margins has been on the list for a while now, but I need to "get" some code that does it (that I can understand :) ) - so I dont have to inject all of MechJeb or KER, etc just to get one value. I've reached out to a few modders to see if they can help a little while ago.

Not a major issue at all, but the ReadMe in the download hasn't been changed since 3.1.2.0 :)

Thats weird, the file I uploaded has 3.2.1.0 in it (and the versions are published via a script that uses the version string in the readme as one of the variables) - which site did you download from?

Ga... Got her all set up in a dummy test sandbox save with no ships in orbit. Happened to check the tracking station and some unknown objects had spawned. Ordinarily I click to track the object, mouse check the periapse, and hit backspace to check the rocks' journey through Kerbins' SOI. Unfortunately, with the new version of KAC the path through kerbins SOI isn't visible. After pulling Trigger tech from my Game Data folder, I can now see the Kerbin encounter path/distance.

Not a huge deal but thought you should know. Keep up the great work.

Well thats just plain weird - I'll give that a go here

hello, congrate for your mods but sometime the new "WarpTo" in map view can be dangerous, i done a lot of missclicks on it when i tried to select a target near this button (there was a lot of vessels going to rendez-vous on apoapsis) or when i want to double -click to focus on an other body.

I'll give it some thought, but haven't gotten any good ideas off the top of my head - well except for if the images are too close for you then you can disable that function and just add the alarms using the "quick" method - which is only a couple more clicks, but will prevent missclicks

Here ya go

v3.2.2.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

• Changed fix for Contracts going missing to use a gameevent (Issue #92 again)
  • Changed orbit render stuff in TS so it is more specific (Issue #104)
  • Added Margin options for WarpTo Alarms (Issue #105)

Edited by TriggerAu

I'm having a head-scratching moment with the Launch Rendezvous alarm. Here are two screenshots, one from the Lander's perspective (with the orbiter targeted), and one from the Orbiter's perspective, showing orbit characteristics in KER.

http://imgur.com/a/v18Uh

KAC has generated a Launch Rendezvous alarm that is not far enough into the future. Shown is an upcoming rendezvous for only about 15 minutes into the future, when the orbiter's plane will not intersect the lander's position.

I have a notion that it has something to do with the orbiter's inclination (slightly above 8 degrees), and the lander's latitude (just north of 8 degrees south). I don't have much spare dV, but I'm going to increase the orbiter's inclination and see if it doesn't improve things.

Edited by JWag

404 = Not Found, on GitHub too.

Saturday night typing there in Aus? :-)

damn - missed deleting a char - and I cant even blame time of day :)

Typos in the link. Here's the link to the KAC release page on GitHub.

Thanks Jacke - fixed it now too

I'm having a head-scratching moment with the Launch Rendezvous alarm. Here are two screenshots, one from the Lander's perspective (with the orbiter targeted), and one from the Orbiter's perspective, showing orbit characteristics in KER.

http://imgur.com/a/v18Uh

KAC has generated a Launch Rendezvous alarm that is not far enough into the future. Shown is an upcoming rendezvous for only about 15 minutes into the future, when the orbiter's plane will not intersect the lander's position.

I have a notion that it has something to do with the orbiter's inclination (slightly above 8 degrees), and the lander's latitude (just north of 8 degrees south). I don't have much spare dV, but I'm going to increase the orbiter's inclination and see if it doesn't improve things.

Yeah that doesnt seem right at all. Any chance you can share the save file if there arent too many part mods and I can look at it directly?

Yeah that doesnt seem right at all. Any chance you can share the save file if there arent too many part mods and I can look at it directly?

Sure thing! Here it is. I believe the only mod parts present on those two craft are Procedural Fairings bases. Other craft in the save have ScanSat or KER parts, but the two manned craft I'm talking about shouldn't need anything other than Procedural Fairings.

Thanks!

Thanks for making such an essential add-on. I noticed that the new warp-to buttons respond to both left and right clicks. I'm not sure if I'm in the minority, but I am not very careful where I right-click when rotating my view - and ended up warping all over the place...

Thanks for making such an essential add-on. I noticed that the new warp-to buttons respond to both left and right clicks. I'm not sure if I'm in the minority, but I am not very careful where I right-click when rotating my view - and ended up warping all over the place...

Oh, that explains a lot. Yes, this is a problem. Either one or the other, but not both. Personally, left click is an action, right click for a menu or popup.

Sure thing! Here it is. I believe the only mod parts present on those two craft are Procedural Fairings bases. Other craft in the save have ScanSat or KER parts, but the two manned craft I'm talking about shouldn't need anything other than Procedural Fairings.

Thanks!

Thanks JWag, I've got a few thing on so havent gotten back to this yet. Will dig in soon.

Hmmm...

Oh, that explains a lot. Yes, this is a problem. Either one or the other, but not both. Personally, left click is an action, right click for a menu or popup.

Double Hmmm....

The buttons are exactly that Unity Buttons. I've always assumed they would only respond to left-mouse, but never actually tested such a fundamental assumption myself. I'll look at what I can do cause I dont want them responding to the secondary button either.

Disabling the "warpto":

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Skalou viewpost-right.png

I'll give it some thought, but haven't gotten any good ideas off the top of my head - well except for if the images are too close for you then you can disable that function and just add the alarms using the "quick" method - which is only a couple more clicks, but will prevent missclicks

I didnt found it in in-games-options but in the settings.cfg file yes:

WarpToEnabled = True >> WarpToEnabled = False

Thank you

maybe add an option to add a confirm box when "warpto"? (i will re-enabled it with this option, 1 more click but really safer)

Edited by Skalou