[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

I've searched for answers to this question, but have not found any definite one yet. I set up an alarm for a transfer to Eeloo. It came up as something like 60 days. 60 days later however the phase angle needed to go to Eeloo had long since passed. I checked the other alarms I had set up for planetary transfers, and they too had started to run out of sync.

I read somewhere that Kerbal Alarm Clock uses circular orbits to calculate these things, but that post seemed rather old, so I questioned the validity of the answer. Can someone explain to me why this happens and what I can do about it? I would much appreciate it.

The transfer windows have two types - Formula and Modelled - the formula one does in fact use circular orbits which yes are not soo good, but there is an option in the settings for them to "chase" the phase angle. This means when you set the alarm it might say 20 days, but in 20 days time the alrm may ow say 2 days, or have shortened up so you hit the Phase Angle.

The modelled option is much more accurate, but is limited to only 100 years of data, and only for the stock solar system

I gighly recommend using the modelled data, or if you want something more visual use the Transfer Windoww Planner plugin in my sg maybe, or one of the other outside game tools for planning transfers. In the plans is new data for stock and some other common systems using the Transfer Window Planner Plugin.

Just wanted to say that I've been playing a completely stock game for a bit as an experiment to see how well I do without mods, and I find myself waking up in the middle of the night having had nightmares about overshooting maneuver nodes. I'm going to enjoy going back to playing with KAC.

I have nightmares that KAC overshot the maneuver node cause of rubbish coding :)

I always wondered what the big deal with KAC was... after finally making the jump to interplanetary missions I finally understand! This is now in my must have at all times list of mods :D

So it was with me. I had it on my 'to do' list to check the mod out.... Now when I update KSP, grabbing KAC is on the top 5, easily. I dunno how I got by without it.

Kerbal Alarm Clock, where were you all my life!

I like that IDEA (Massive Step reducing) if we can warp not just the soi change but the next periapse in the new soi that would be great.

Dont reckon I'll add stuff for future SOI's. KSP does some special stuff (ie Orbits change) if you warp through SOI transitions at high warp rate, so the time wouldnt be right when you get to the new SOI. Sorry that ones beyond me

Understanded it. Anyway thank you for give us the informations.

Just a question: programmed two step hop? I mean just about the time of a SOI change an unwarp (instant) than 1 sec later a rewarp?

This is cosmetic only. Forget it. Just thinking about how many more silly things I can put up as an Idea :D:D

Anyway I really think this thing is the most wanted mod for me. So I will install it first allways. Thank you.

How do you get KAC to set alarms for transfer windows?

Add new alarm. With the "add" button. Then on the upcomming window look for the "green and blue arrows" button named transfer window.

Choose which xfer start and destination point. If you have to chose parent of them just choose it.

And finaly add the alarm with the add alarm button. That's it.

Even if you like you can make it attach to the active vessel if you have one flying right at the time.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes. Why don't you have this already????

Go say 69,105 Hail Marys and then go download KAC.

I DO have KAC, but it doesn't show up as an option for blizzys toolbar. I MAY have removed the blizzys toolbar thing for KAC, will have to check.

Edit: I reinstalled KAC (or rather, dragged and dropped the zip folder stuff into gamedata) and nope, KAC doesn't show up as an option for blizzys toolbar buttons. I do get the KAC icons as an option for a new folder though, oddly.

Edited by smjjames

I DO have KAC, but it doesn't show up as an option for blizzys toolbar. I MAY have removed the blizzys toolbar thing for KAC, will have to check.

Edit: I reinstalled KAC (or rather, dragged and dropped the zip folder stuff into gamedata) and nope, KAC doesn't show up as an option for blizzys toolbar buttons. I do get the KAC icons as an option for a new folder though, oddly.

Sorry, I misunderstood! (still, that was kinda funny though...)

Idea, Would it be possible to set up an alarm for atmospheric entry? MechJeb is able to do it with the warp helper, so, why not KAC?

The "Closest Approach" alarm can be set to trigger on the Closest Approach to a body you're orbiting, and if you set that option, it's preset to trigger 1 minute before you reach the atmosphere, if there is one.

The "Closest Approach" alarm can be set to trigger on the Closest Approach to a body you're orbiting, and if you set that option, it's preset to trigger 1 minute before you reach the atmosphere, if there is one.

Oh theres already a preset, didn't realize that. I've been using KAC mainly for maneuver nodes, SOI changes and time.

I wonder sometimes if I threw too much into the one plugin - cause who reads the documentation, really :P

Finally got a chunk of time to get some stuff done

v3.2.4.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

• Fixed duplicate alarms with Auto and WarpTo (Issue #124)
  • Fixed log message with missing image (Issue #121)
  • Enabled KAC in Editor Scenes (Issue #120)
  • Fixed issue woth Alarm clock opening on every scene (Issue #118)
  • Added option to limit Warp rate for WarpTo Alarms (Issue #117)
  • Fixed placement issue with Minimized mode (Issue #116)
  • Fixed missing confirmation on delete on minimized window (Issue #115)

A new release! This is the perfect time to ask for a change (or an option to disable it for me). Now that maneuver nodes are persistent in the game (for quite a while, actually) the "Jump to ship and restore maneuver node" is not just redundant, it sometimes (always? I only ever click it by accident these days so haven't tested it fully) puts a 2nd maneuver node on the orbit, which causes weirdness. Is there a reason I am not thinking of that this button needs to remain?

One thought that I've had is that the "On Alarm" buttons need a rework.

Existing:

- Do nothing, Delete when past

- Do Nothing

- Message Only

- Kill Warp

- Kill Warp and Message

- Message and Pause

Proposal - Switch to a set of three buttons instead

a) Delete when past (or don't delete)

B) Popup message (or no message)

c) Kill warp or pause or do nothing

That gives 2x2x3 the 12 possible actions to take when an alarm triggers, with only 3 buttons.

So if I want a pop-up message, that gets deleted when past, with a do-nothing effect on the warp setting, I can do so.

@TriggerAu

I want to thank you for this wonderful mod. You have eased a lot my 14 launch space station to Jool. Well, it would have been impossible to keep track of so many mpieces without.

Further more, you GUI is a model of simplicity.