Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

I tested this recently and while in stock my carrier sank to the bottom, in Better Buoyancy it actually floated, albeit with a very low bow. I suspect some tweaking of fuel to balance CoM with centre of buoyancy would fix it the rest of the way. The ramp was mysteriously invisible but there are other parts that could replace that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, JTpopcorn said:

The regular parts aren't attaching right, so I have been using modified Fengist parts.

Did you fix all the attachment nodes in the parts .cfgs?... You can also open the Alt+F12 menu, and at the bottom, there is an option to uncheck node enforcement, that you can try...

The Fengist parts still work and the nodes are still aligned. I was considering fixing the nodes for this, but the Fengist parts are way simpler to deal with. Sadly dev on that seems to have ended...

I found that upscaled and increased mass Fengist parts with the r3 arrestor cables and hook works great as a tenporary.

Not my top priority boatparts was working great till about 0.9 when they screwed with the nodes. Since I've only had issues. I've been rewriting a lot of the code on the side, it's nearly ready but the parts still have a tendency to want to jiggle themselves apart.

• 3 months later...
On 3/20/2016 at 3:19 PM, InfiniteDice said:

Not my top priority boatparts was working great till about 0.9 when they screwed with the nodes. Since I've only had issues. I've been rewriting a lot of the code on the side, it's nearly ready but the parts still have a tendency to want to jiggle themselves apart.

If editing the nodes is an issue, would NodeHelper help, if you havent seen it already?

Well, I'm guessing that this is dead. I see a couple people trying to tie it together, but it hasn't been updated since 0.90, so...

It's dead, Jim...

By the way, I know maritime pack is out. I just don't like using it for military stuff because it is too small. The boatparts pack is the only one that has useful carriers that you can actually land on. This has arresting cables and landing gear that latches to the deck. Now, it's just a runway slapped on a hull.  

I also like how you can go around inside the submarine. I used to use the doors to make bases I could walk in.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...